GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Moto GP"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 24/08/09 at 19:36
Staff
"Look! There's a..."
So we don't get criticised for hijacking the F1 thread, here is the MotoGP thread!

Feel Free to discuss WSB and BSB too.

Check Here to see how your team is doing.
Page:
Fri 10/05/13 at 14:19
Regular
"I like turtles"
Interesting article....something has to change there it'll be interesting to see what it is. Rossi, Burgess & Preziosi are gone but the bike is still nowhere near the front. Dovi & Hayden are returning very average results and Spies & Iannone keep crashing the thing, can't imagine the mighty Audi are at all happy with that.

I did enjoy reading that article much more than I did this one.
Fri 10/05/13 at 13:25
Staff
"Look! There's a..."
pete_21 wrote:
...should be interesting to see Mr. Brookes let loose at over 200mph on public roads...

That's one word for it. I think he'll do well but I don't think he'll win any races. He's a much better rider than he used to be but when you've got the dunlops, john mcguinness, cameron donald (he is racing this year isn't he?) and guy martin all with loads of experience you've got a lot to catch up on.

Still be good to watch him try though!

....and best of all there\'s no need to be blackmailed into joining Bangladesh Telecom to watch it.

Not at all bitter about that then I see...

Probably total nonsense, but makes interesting reading anyway. I quite like the second from last paragraph.

Would be good if it were true.
Fri 10/05/13 at 07:48
Regular
"I like turtles"
...and finally some good news!

BBC NI are showing all of next weekends NW200 live and in HD. Last year they were also on the BBC NI iplayer if you couldn't catch them live. Should be interesting to see Mr. Brookes let loose at over 200mph on public roads...

....and best of all there's no need to be blackmailed into joining Bangladesh Telecom to watch it.
Thu 09/05/13 at 14:55
Staff
"Look! There's a..."
pete_21 wrote:
It has certainly been a real **** day for UK MotoGP fans :(

I wonder what Suzuki are up to next year...?

Hasn't it!

Apparently Cal's already had a little bit of contact with Suzuki....not that we'll get to watch it though!

£12 a month on sky, with £15 one off activation and one month contract. I don't think so (until I start missing watching the races).
Thu 09/05/13 at 14:08
Regular
"I like turtles"
...and it looks as though the other rumour is true as well and it looks as though it's Cal who's going to be dropped. Looks like Pol has been promised a factory bike as well, not surprised Cal appears p****d.

It has certainly been a real **** day for UK MotoGP fans :(

I wonder what Suzuki are up to next year...?
Thu 09/05/13 at 13:19
Regular
"I like turtles"
What BT have said:

''UK Sports fans have had a rough deal for too long,"..... "Many have been priced out of the market but we will change this by giving away BT Sport for free with our broadband. Sports fans are the winners today."

How I interpreted it:

Roll up b*****s we've got an exclusive product we know some of you really want, all you have to do is sign up to one of our s****y broadband deals and you can have it for free....well when we say free what we really mean is free until all of you suckers are signed up to 18 month contracts you can't wriggle out of at which point we will start to charge extra charge for it.

Come on...even drug dealers offer free stuff to prospective clients!, get em hooked and then mug them, that's what I fear is the long term plan here...

...and is this offering not ever so slightly anti-competitive? Perhaps ISP's supplying BT Wholesale goods should complain that they are going to unfairly lose customers by being unable to offer the 'full BT' package...?
Thu 09/05/13 at 12:42
Staff
"Look! There's a..."
I just saw this too. Not good at all.

Somewhere £15 a month was mentioned for BT sport - there'll probably be some kind of contract I'd imagine so perhaps the £85 is not too bad a deal...

Doesn't sound like Eurosport are going to keep their coverage either does it.

It may be good for the sport in terms of money, but I've a feeling viewing figures will decrease which isn't that much of an attractive propostion for potential sponsors is it!

Maybe it won't be all bad....
Thu 09/05/13 at 12:25
Regular
"I like turtles"
Just been officially announced, 5 year deal sole rights to show races (all classes) live in the the UK. BT Sports channel will be £15 a month for non BT customers but guess what?....BT internet customers are getting it for free... The £85 a year season pass will apparently still be available to UK citizens via MotoGP.com. I will evaluate my options but I am more than just a tad PO'd with this :(
Wed 08/05/13 at 18:39
Regular
"I like turtles"
Numnut wrote:
I don\'t think \'dear\' is the right word! Another 4 letter word with a similar sentiment might be more appropriate if it\'s true.

Hopefully Dorna haven\'t agreed to something similar for WSB as well.

Just as GP\'s were getting good again as well!

I'm not sure your swear filter would have approved of the words I really wanted to use!

Forgot about Dorna nabbing the rights to WSB as well :(

BT Vision sports commentator Jake Humphrey has posted this on Twitter ''Moto GP is an epic World Championship isn't it...and I thought the F1 boys were brave...'' Suppose we'll know for definite tomorrow although I fear the writing is probably on the wall.

EDIT : this works out about £85 a year, presume that will still be available next year?
Wed 08/05/13 at 15:41
Staff
"Look! There's a..."
pete_21 wrote:
]Oh dear...

I don't think 'dear' is the right word! Another 4 letter word with a similar sentiment might be more appropriate if it's true.

Hopefully Dorna haven't agreed to something similar for WSB as well.

Just as GP's were getting good again as well!
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.