GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Moto GP"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 24/08/09 at 19:36
Staff
"Look! There's a..."
So we don't get criticised for hijacking the F1 thread, here is the MotoGP thread!

Feel Free to discuss WSB and BSB too.

Check Here to see how your team is doing.
Page:
Thu 27/06/13 at 17:03
Staff
"Look! There's a..."
pete_21 wrote:
Just been looking at the testing times De Puniet has been posting on the Suzuki, that thing is looking seriously fast already. What the hell are they waiting for?

Dammit, I meant to reply to this ages ago - I thought I had.

I think Suzuki are waiting for more rider contracts to expire so they get more choice, oh, and so that they can develop the bike further too.

In other news, Lorenzo broke his collar bone today, hope he's not in your team!
Tue 18/06/13 at 12:12
Regular
"I like turtles"
Just been looking at the testing times De Puniet has been posting on the Suzuki, that thing is looking seriously fast already. What the hell are they waiting for?
Mon 17/06/13 at 14:34
Regular
"I like turtles"
BSB was good, wobbly rubbish Kiyo was nowhere to be seen, about bloody time!, good to have him back.

BSS was great too, Ben Wilson was on real mission from the minute the lights went out, love his mega aggressive style. Hopefully he'll be back at the front for the remainder of the season.

Suzuki confirm MotoGP return but not until 2015.

Scott Redding did a very good job in damage limitation mode, he knew tyre wear was going to be a major issue and (like Texas) I suspect he realised during the race he was not going to be able to fight for the win and banked the points, totally the right thing to do. The Pons boys were both very fast and from quite early on it looked like it was going to be their race.

MotoGP was a bit rubbish I thought, apart from Marquez attention grabbing moment in the closing stages. Bradley Smith did a great job as did Colin Edwards, following Espargaro over the line was a mega feat on that bike. Still doesn't look like Ducati have sorted out their front end problems, Hayden & Iannone were both very fast and then had virtually identical falls a lap apart, it was good to see them up there for a bit though.

In other news I tried out the demo for the new MotoGP 13 video game last night, it was perhaps the most realistic game of the sport yet. I played as Valentino Rossi and was making my way through the pack on the opening lap before getting bowled off by Bautista! (game was crap BTW).

EDIT: you snook in like a ninja! (went to make cup of tea halfway through my post).
Mon 17/06/13 at 14:21
Staff
"Look! There's a..."
pete_21 wrote:
Forgot to mention how much those TT Zero things still suck!

I quite like them, in more of a curious way, that a 'what a cool bike' sort of way.

GP was the great overtaking fest we were anticipating wasn't it.....almost couldn't be bothered to watch it til the end! Good that Bradders got so high up (and past Dovi, which is more difficult).

I've got a funny feeling Bautista's been told 'perform or get p45' as he's gone a bit kamikaze the last two races. Maybe he'll get some penalty points...

BSB was better, don't really enjoy watching knockhil for some reason but still more exciting (and the supersport) than GP. I wonder how long Kiyo will speed up for - hopefully he'll be 'normal' Kiyo for the rest of the season, but we'll see.

Stupid Suzuki have said they'll not return to GP's until 2015 at the earliest now aswell.
Fri 14/06/13 at 14:17
Regular
"I like turtles"
Look like Kiyo has finally found the go switch!

Rossi fastest in FP2 as well, don't write the old guard off just yet!

I agree Josh Brookes did really well at the TT (as he did at the NW200), breaking Steve Plater's newcomers lap record was no mean feat, that guy was blinding quick around the island. Says that he's up for it again next year, think he could run somewhere near the front with a years experience.

EDIT: Forgot to mention how much those TT Zero things still suck!
Thu 13/06/13 at 18:55
Staff
"Look! There's a..."
pete_21 wrote:
Do you still think Espargaro is going to beat Redding to the title then? Redding has turned a corner this year, particularly loved the way he eyeballed Pol as he went to take up his grid slot!

Yes (and No) - Espagaro's bad patch isn't going to last all year so as long as Redding is nice and consistent he'll win. It's if he starts pushing too hard and binning it that it will start to cause problems for him. As long as Redding is doing better than Pol, Pol is the one with all the pressure...

TT was great, watched most of Michael Dunlop's onboards with my hands over my eyes, he's crazy! (but very fast). I was also glad to see McGuiness win the Senior TT, he dug deep and totally deserved it.

A lot is being said about James Hillier too, getting his first TT win in the lightweights (they sound awesome I thought) , but more so being able to stick with the leaders once he got passed. Josh Brookes didn't do bad either did he?

Guy Martin was disappointing though, do you reckon he needs to get back on a Honda for next year if he wants to win one?, it still seemed to be the weapon of choice in all of the main classes.

Don't know whether it was him or the bike really - The Honda was the bike to be on this year so it might help, who knows! Hopefully Hutchy will be back next year as well.
Mon 10/06/13 at 16:05
Regular
"I like turtles"
Do you still think Espargaro is going to beat Redding to the title then? Redding has turned a corner this year, particularly loved the way he eyeballed Pol as he went to take up his grid slot!

Sam Lowes has done exactly the same (as has his brother to be fair), he was incredible again on Sunday, very impressive.

WSB races were good, Sykes situation was pretty bizarre, still once he finally got going he was like a missile!

TT was great, watched most of Michael Dunlop's onboards with my hands over my eyes, he's crazy! (but very fast). I was also glad to see McGuiness win the Senior TT, he dug deep and totally deserved it. Guy Martin was disappointing though, do you reckon he needs to get back on a Honda for next year if he wants to win one?, it still seemed to be the weapon of choice in all of the main classes.
Mon 10/06/13 at 13:18
Staff
"Look! There's a..."
Mugello weekend was pretty good - more so the moto2 than anything else though. That Marquez crash was mad, it could have gone wrong in so many ways!

Managed to watch all the TT coverage last week, it was awesome - good that John McGuinness got the senior win, otherwise a brilliant week for Michael Dunlop.

WSB at the weekend was good as well, again the supersport race was better than the main event, but the big bike races weren't bad at all.

Can't imagine Sykes is that happy after race 2, but Laverty and Guintoli are looking pretty good on those RSV4s.
Sat 01/06/13 at 12:33
Regular
"I like turtles"
Numnut wrote:
Mugello this weekend - Rossi for the win, or Marquez to cane everyone?

Hoping for Rossi but more likely Lorenzo I reckon, As for Marquez I'll give him 11/10 for effort (apparently bashed himself up even further this morning). Have you seen the security camera footage of yesterdays crash?, he's a very lucky boy, not the best place on the calendar to have to step off!

If I do ''defect'' it will only be on 1 of our families 3 connections so you won't get rid of me completely! Still looking at other options TBH as really don't want to move.
Fri 31/05/13 at 11:30
Staff
"Look! There's a..."
Wow, I haven't been very sociable...

WSB at donnigton was awesome - the WSS is still beating the main event as a spectacle (maybe that's because of Sam Lowes though). A good day of races and a nice points haul for my team too.

Cheers for the reminder about the TT, I've got saturday's program on record already.

Had a brief read of that article about Crutchlow, you can see why he'd be cross. Considering he's beating the factory bikes, not getting an offer from yamaha of a factory bike is a bit of a [insert word] take really.

I think he's looking at the suzuki ride to be honest...we'll see what happens next year. Well, you will if you decide to defect!

Mugello this weekend - Rossi for the win, or Marquez to cane everyone?
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.