GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Moto GP"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 24/08/09 at 19:36
Staff
"Look! There's a..."
So we don't get criticised for hijacking the F1 thread, here is the MotoGP thread!

Feel Free to discuss WSB and BSB too.

Check Here to see how your team is doing.
Page:
Sat 12/09/09 at 08:39
Regular
"I like turtles"
Guintoli's announced he's staying in BSB with Suzuki next year,but it looks like Camier's off to WSBK.Kiyonari has been nowhere at Croft so far,no idea what's going on with him,seems to have lost the plot at the moment ? :S.
Fri 11/09/09 at 12:51
Staff
"Look! There's a..."
pete_21 wrote:

> I'll raise a ticket saying the clip wont stream properly on my
> Freeola account and demand a staffie tests it at once if you like
> ! :0

A cunning plan if ever I heard one!
Fri 11/09/09 at 12:43
Regular
"I like turtles"
Numnut wrote:

Thanks for this Pete, I will have a look later -got to do some work now!

No problem mate,its really good,i'm sure you'll appreciate it ! :)

I'll raise a ticket saying the clip wont stream properly on my Freeola account and demand a staffie tests it at once if you like ! :0
Fri 11/09/09 at 12:01
Staff
"Look! There's a..."
pete_21 wrote:
> Guys (or just Numnut !),you have to see this video its mental !
> :
>
> Ben
> Spies Promotional Video

>
> Absolutely brilliant,could you imagine an F1 driver or any other
> top sportsman making something like this ?

Thanks for this Pete, I will have a look later -got to do some work now!

Regarding Tech3 -

I saw a similar comment in an article in the MCN, they also ran a feature on JT and by all accounts a fair few of the WSB paddock are after him, and the Pramac Ducati option is being talked about too.

Apparently Alex De Angelis was in the running for the ride too, but I guess taking Nicky Hayden out hasn't done him any favours.

A new team would be a welcome addition, but you're right - to think you can take on Yamaha, Honda etc etc you're either Mad, or know something the rest of us don't!
Thu 10/09/09 at 21:54
Regular
"I like turtles"
Guys (or just Numnut !),you have to see this video its mental ! :

Ben Spies Promotional Video

Absolutely brilliant,could you imagine an F1 driver or any other top sportsman making something like this ?.
Wed 09/09/09 at 17:14
Regular
"I like turtles"
Just seen this :

New team set for Valencia 2009 Debut

Seems a ballsy move ,respect to them if its true.They would be the only fully private team in the series.Making your own bike and engine to take on the likes of Honda,Yamaha & Ducati is what a call a challenge.Seem to recall Ilmor and Proton trying similar projects and failing big time with them.If its true,hope it works out for them and anymore bikes coming to the series has got to be good news.

This weekend Colin Edwards apparently told SpeedTV that he is '99.9% sure' he will have a different team mate next season.So its looking like an all Texan line up at Tech 3 next year then ?.Pramac Ducati may be an option for Toseland ?,they will keep Kallio for sure but Canepa (or what ever his name is) has been pretty rubbish.Don't forget Toseland did win one of his WSBK titles on a Duke (and Pramac have already fired Elias once,so doubt he'll go there).You never know the Ducati may even suit him ?.Hayden seems to be getting the hang of the beast recently,which will be encouraging for other riders to see.He has certainly fared better on it than Melandri did.Stranger things have happened.
Wed 09/09/09 at 08:52
Regular
"I like turtles"
Heard an interview with Nicky Hayden a couple of years ago,don't think much of it could be repeated on here though !.Although Hayden won the 2006 championship,remember him on the 2007 bike ?,he couldn't even fit on the damn thing !.Honda strenuously denied they had designed the bike for pint sized Pedrosa and when Nicky was asked about it he seemed to be pointing the finger in Puig's direction.Chief sponsor Repsol are a Spanish company so maybe Puig has some clout from that direction ?.Whatever,it does seem he is generally not a very popular person around the MotoGP paddock.

Regarding Pedrosa,I agree with you.Behind closed doors I would not be surprised of some toys being seriously being flung out of the pram when things are not going his way.I can imagine all the mega serious Japanese guys looking on bewildered as he spits his dummy !.But when that Honda is hooked up he can be bloody quick.
Tue 08/09/09 at 18:48
Staff
"Look! There's a..."
pete_21 wrote:
> Just read this,very interesting.
>
Pedrosa admits to chasing Yamaha ride

You can't blame him really, but it does seem a strange thing to come out with once you have signed a deal with another company.

As good as Pedrosa is, I get the impression he is a bit of a spoilt brat behind closed doors, his manager Alberto Puig doesn't rank too highly in the popularity stakes either.

>HRC would welcome Stoner and Rossi back

I bet they would! I'm sure any team would bend over backwards for those two. Even Kawasaki might return to the series if they had an offer like that!

Though i do find Honda a bit arrogant suggesting that it is only machinery that wins races. By that logic I could sit on one of their machines and stomp to victory.........in reality I would be on the starting grid on my backside having wheelied uncontrollably with all the power! - if I didn't stall.

>I would like to see Toseland on a satellite Honda

Me too, I don't think JT really gels with the Yam. I think another manufacturer is they way to go. If Scot get another bike it'll belong to Aoyama, though if LCR do, there's going be a bit of a fight for that one I think - haven't got a clue where vermeulen is going to end up!
Tue 08/09/09 at 08:27
Regular
"I like turtles"
Just read this,very interesting.

Pedrosa admits to chasing Yamaha ride

Obviously Lorenzo resigning killed any chance of that happening but I thought it was a strange thing for him to admit to.Obviously all is not so rosy behind closed doors at HRC when their star rider admits he tried to leave because the bike is simply not good enough.A few years ago Pedrosa was being hyped as the next big thing (no pun intended !) and he is without doubt one of the fastest guys in MotoGP but I think the fact he has not won a title yet maybe starting to get to him a little bit.

Thought this article was just as interesting :

HRC would welcome Stoner and Rossi back

Thought this was also a very strange comment to make.Not so much Stoner as he only had one year on a satellite bike but Rossi famously did his ball and chain routine when Honda tried to stop him leaving.There is a very interesting section on this period in Rossi's autobiography where he says he was sick and tired of life at Honda where the machinery got all of the credit and the rider was just made to feel like a component off the bike.I thinks its fair to say since he left the once dominant HRC have not enjoyed anything like the same level of success.Honda suggesting they would happily have him back is very interesting indeed.
Mon 07/09/09 at 21:19
Regular
"I like turtles"
Numnut wrote:

glad to see you've kept it going though, you even managed to get Warhunt involved !

'If we build it he will come !' :)

Numnut wrote:

Isnt' Josh brookes back too? Best all keep a look out over their shoulders!

That made me laugh !.

His 'accident' with Guintoli was one of most bizzare things I have ever seen in motor racing.Breaking someone's leg on a warm up lap is just mental !.

Yeah,reckon Camier knew exactly what he was doing in race 2 at Cadwell.He just thought he may get away with it.Not exactly going to halt his championship charge though is it ?.

Agree,Yamaha's treatment of Toseland is a bit mean.Keeping him hanging on is not really fair.Everyone knows Spies is exceptionally good and Yamaha will clearly want him in MotoGP as soon as they can feasibly get him there.I would like to see Toseland on a satellite Honda next year if there's one available (Scot/LCR may be possibles ?).He may get on a bit better with that ?.I just fear he may not get the chance.

Regarding the WSS race,you didn't miss much.Its just Crutchlow looked like he was on a Superbike !.He made the rest of the field look absolutely mediocre.Winning in that category by 10 seconds is virtually unheard of.An absolutely crushing display which hopefully will have done his job prospects for next year no harm at all.

Anyway,hope you had a nice break mate.Four weeks until the next MotoGP race,that sucks :(
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.