GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Moto GP"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 24/08/09 at 19:36
Staff
"Look! There's a..."
So we don't get criticised for hijacking the F1 thread, here is the MotoGP thread!

Feel Free to discuss WSB and BSB too.

Check Here to see how your team is doing.
Page:
Thu 27/08/09 at 20:50
Regular
"I like turtles"
Suzuki just announced Capirossi to stay with them for next year :

Suzuki keep Capirossi for 2010

After apparently turning down a lucrative offer to return to Ducati :

Capirossi admits Ducati tried to resign him

Good news,I've always liked Capirossi.Not sure what happened with Vermuelen though.Looks like was dropped in favour of Bautista despite being the only rider to win on of their 800cc bikes.He has stated he desperately wants to stay in MotoGP,so it looks unlikely he left of his own accord,especially as he does not have a ride for next year.Hopefully he will find one as he deserves to stay in the series.Bautista is a strange choice to drop him for IMO,he has been very quick in 250's this year but has been pretty inconsistent,crashing more than any of the other top riders.His last lap crash where he ran straight in the back of Aoyama was a real rookies mistake and not something I would have expected to see from a guy ready to move to MotoGP with a factory team.

Regarding the Ducati situation,Pedrosa has also admitting to 'talking' to the team.Maybe they are not as 'sure' of Stoners return as they claim or have they already decided to give Hayden the boot at the end of season ?.
Wed 26/08/09 at 20:55
Regular
"I like turtles"
Numnut wrote:

Threads been a bit quiet today.......!

Yeah,reckon we may have to offer a GAD to the first person other than us 2 to post in it ! :)

Regarding the Stoner situation I reckon he will be back as well.I know 'Stoner The Moaner' has had some not so nice things said and written about him.A couple of my mates were at Donington when he crashed in practice and there were bunches of idiots clapping,cheering and laughing at him.My personal spin on him is he may not be Mr.Personality and there are times when instead of whinging he should have just taken the fact he had been beaten on the chin and lived with it.As you quite rightly said though no one has come close to taming the mighty Ducati in anything like the way he has.Watching some slow motion replays of him hanging onto the beast while it bucked and weaved like a bull at a rodeo left me seriously impressed.When everyone reckoned he could only win on fast tracks with long straights,he won on tight twisty ones.When people said he could only win in the dry,he won in the wet.He has bags of talent for sure but I would be interested to see how he handles a mega quick team mate.Thats one thing he hasn't had to deal with yet.If he returns firing on all cylinders like I think he will,watching him mixing in it with Rossi,Lorenzo.Pedrosa and co. should be amazing next year.

Numnut wrote:

Still BSB and Moto GP this weekend, and I'm sure I read in the
MCN that Guintoli is ready to race again.........

Yeah,Guintoli is back for Cadwell.I think the guy is fantastic.He would have run Camier very hard for this years BSB title if he had not had his freak accident earlier this year.
Wed 26/08/09 at 19:56
Staff
"Look! There's a..."
Threads been a bit quiet today.......!

I think the stoner thing is the most exciting thing going on at the moment now alot of the contracts are getting sorted. I don't think anyone would be making such a big deal if he'd broken a leg or something, it's just that his injury isn't that visible.

Stoner will return, I think(!), for estoril when he originally said, once he has rested enough. From what I can work out he has had some kind of nasty virus which has just wrecked him - he seems fairly sickly anyway!

I know he gets a load of bad press, maybe he should just admit he was beaten by better riders every now and then rather than blame the bike, but I'm starting to warm to him. He must be one hell of a rider as the people who can't ride the duke arent exactly bad riders themselves. Would've been nice to see what Lorenzo did on one........

Still BSB and Moto GP this weekend, and I'm sure I read in the MCN that Guintoli is ready to race again.........
Wed 26/08/09 at 09:04
Regular
"I like turtles"
Just read this Ducati 'sure' Stoner will return

Found this to be a very strange comment for Livio Suppo to make.Why would anyone think he wouldn't return ?.Whatever was up with the guy he looked like death.Was there more to Ducati's big money attempt to poach Lorenzo than met the eye then ?.
Tue 25/08/09 at 18:11
Regular
"I like turtles"
Numnut wrote:

Don't forget Tony Elias, he always does well toward the end of
the season!

Yeah Elias always speeds up at contract time ! :P

Numnut wrote:

Hopefully Toseland will continue with the better results too, a
top 10 or better should be enough for the negotiating table, but
more than anything I just want to see an interview with him where
he doesn't feel he has to apologise! I think he at least
deserves that.

Yeah,I completely agree.I would love to see Toseland turn his season around as well.I know he had a couple of big crashes pre-season and he fell out with his team mate over switching pit crews or something,but I think its fair to say that he has disappointed everyone this year (including himself I think).Its been hard to watch him after some races this year as he has obviously rode his heart out and finished 12th or something.The guy obviously has talent as you don't win 2 WSBK titles by accident.
Tue 25/08/09 at 17:31
Staff
"Look! There's a..."
pete_21 wrote:

The first thing his wife knew of it was when she came home and it was on the drive !
>

Risky strategy that, but it's not really the sort of thing that you can take back 'as it doesn't fit', is it! So all you're left with is the silent treatment, which you wont notice as you'll be out on your nice shiny bike!

Still not brave enough for that one though!

> Predictions for this weekend?

Don't forget Tony Elias, he always does well toward the end of the season!

I'm playing the fantasy road race that the motorcycle news runs so for max points I'd really want Rossi and Lorenzo 1 and 2, but that aside the americans will be up there as they're at home. I don't think Hayden is going to do anything too shocking, but another top 8 and he'll be doing well.

Hopefully Toseland will continue with the better results too, a top 10 or better should be enough for the negotiating table, but more than anything I just want to see an interview with him where he doesn't feel he has to apologise! I think he at least deserves that.
Tue 25/08/09 at 16:54
Regular
"I like turtles"
Numnut wrote:

Harsh, but with good reason.

Yeah,suppose so.My best mate bought one earlier this year which went down really well with me (not !).The first thing his wife knew of it was when she came home and it was on the drive !.

Numnut wrote:

Predictions for this weekend?

Aside from the usual suspects (Rossi,Lorenzo,Pedrosa) I'm expecting Edwards to pull something a bit special out of the bag,especially after his disappointing run at his other home race (Laguna Seca).He will really want to make up for that.Hayden flew around Indy last year but can't see him wrestling the Duke round in quite the same way.Be more than happy to be proved wrong though.
Tue 25/08/09 at 15:40
Staff
"Look! There's a..."
Nice spot on the Lorenzo deal. I guess that ruins our chances mixing and matching riders for next year!

Still, one year......isn't Rossi's contract up next year too. Bet he's waiting to see whether Yamaha will have him as the number one by then or not. Spies will be eligible for a factory ride by then too. Could be fun!

pete_21 wrote:>

My mate went to Indy last year and it was a disaster

At least your mate went to as memorable event, not just a 'stoner wins by 30 seconds' race. People will remember that Race for a fair few years yet.

pete_21 wrote:>

Not allowed mate :(

Harsh, but with good reason. My lady wanted to me to have at least a years experience before she was pillion. Even now I'm a bit more experienced on the road, at least one car per journey will do something that puts me in danger so I tend to stay on the winding back roads, they're much more fun than going in a straight line anyway!

A friend of mine bought an R1 a few years back and seemed to be a fairly careful rider, one day coming home a broken down car was blocking one lane and someone cut infront of him causing him to swerve and head straight in to the broken down car. Put his thigh bone right up through his pelvis and he was in traction for a fair while. Needless to say he wasn't allowed another bike!

Predictions for this weekend?
Tue 25/08/09 at 15:00
Regular
"I like turtles"
Just confirmed Lorenzo is staying at Yamaha for 2010 but the deal is only of one year : Here

Wise move,I reckon.But I think its interesting that he doesn't seem to want to commit to the team long term.Anyway,its great news for the series as his battles with Rossi this year have been fantastic to watch.
Mon 24/08/09 at 20:10
Regular
"I like turtles"
Numnut wrote:>

Do you ride anything yourself, or are you building up to it?

Not allowed mate :(

My Mrs. would never allow it,I have had 2 mates hurt on bikes and 1 killed.I have a daughter as well so got to be responsible and all that now ! :(

My mate went to Indy last year and it was a disaster.I was well jealous before he went but felt relieved I didn't go when watching it !.He isn't the luckiest dude in the world he went to France to watch Oasis a few years ago when he got there found out the gig had been cancelled.Both trips cost him a fortune as well.
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.