GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Moto GP"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 24/08/09 at 19:36
Staff
"Look! There's a..."
So we don't get criticised for hijacking the F1 thread, here is the MotoGP thread!

Feel Free to discuss WSB and BSB too.

Check Here to see how your team is doing.
Page:
Fri 18/09/09 at 09:42
Staff
"Look! There's a..."
pete_21 wrote:

>MCN are reporting that Toseland has been told this week that he has lost his seat at Tech 3 ........

I think we all knew that was going to happen, at least there is still a bit of time for JT to sort out next years ride.
MCN ran a story on possibilities for next year this week, and I don't think he will be without a ride next year - though whether it will be a straight swap between him and Spies I don't know.

Question is now though, will Spies be any better on the Tech 3?
Edwards runs towards the top most of the time, but the bike cannot keep up with the Hondas and Fiat Yamaha's and Stoner's Ducati, so will it just be a case of same bike, same grid position, different rider?

Spies, as good as he is, probably wont be a threat to the top bunch on the tech3 bike. Though if I'm proved wrong the racing next year will be great!
Fri 18/09/09 at 08:42
Regular
"I like turtles"
MCN are reporting that Toseland has been told this week that he has lost his seat at Tech 3 with Crash.net running a similar story about Spies coming to MotoGP next year (therefore taking Toselands ride).Can't say I am surprised TBH as Spies has been phenomenal this year,but I will be disappointed if Toseland doesn't get another GP ride.The problem is there doesn't seem to a huge amount of spare seats available now with Pramac Ducati or possibly a satellite Honda (if the manufacturer provide a couple of extra bikes as they have hinted they might) being his only chances.I'm sure he'll still be a wanted man in the WSBK paddock though.
Mon 14/09/09 at 18:45
Regular
"I like turtles"
Good interview with Hiroshi Aoyama over on Motomatters.Really like Aoyama,if he wins the 250cc title this year will have pulled off one of the biggest shocks in years,pre-season he wasn't a fancied runner at all.Doesn't give a lot of interviews so its worth a flick through.Although he says he would be interested to run in Moto2 next year (which I reckon is going to be a great series) latest rumours seem to be linking him to a 2nd LCR bike.Apparently Honda are very keen to get a Japanese rider into MotoGP.Honda help or not,he deserves a chance on merit IMO.

[S]Supposed to have been working at home this afternoon.I've been easily distracted ! :)[S]
Mon 14/09/09 at 16:47
Regular
"I like turtles"
Think Shakey's team are virtually bankrupt so its looking dicey whether they are going to be able to do the the remaining WBSK rounds.Just to really wazz on their fire it looks like Sterilgarda (the teams chief sponsor) are switching to the works Yamaha squad.Hence,its sadly looking game over for them.If this happens then it's being reported that Shakey is going to his mate Paul Birds Kawasaki WSBK team.
Mon 14/09/09 at 14:03
Staff
"Look! There's a..."
pete_21 wrote:

> Numnut,
>
> Noticed there's a couple of interesting behind the scenes
> video's made at the MSS Kawasaki .......

Thanks, Good spot, will give those a look a little later.

> Stuart Easton won his (and Hydrex Honda's) first BSB race
> today,ace news !.

BSB was really good yesterday I thought, Camier did well getting through the field after nearly ending up in a ditch, bit disappointed for Simon Andrews - though he made a nice overtake on Josh Brooks which looked a little risky! Can't imagine those two are the best of friends.

And well done to Stuart Easton he's a good rider to watch and comes across as a nice guy in interviews. I think he may be on to bigger and better things at some point soon too.

I actually watched the Supersport race too, was like watching 125gp bikes, over taking all the time - Steve Plater ended up winning but he didn't get in front until the last lap or second from last can't quite remember! Either way it was good to watch. Should maybe make time for WSS now too!

I don't think it has been John Hopkins year for a while, didn't he have a big smash last year in GP which destroyed his season (not that the bike didn't do that for him)? Now two injuries this season in WSB, he's gotta be wondering what he has to do to get a break (that's a bad bad pun) this year. He's not on a bad bike either. Leon Haslam has been pretty convincing on it this year.

I'm sure I read something about Shakey Byrne's Ducati squad not finishing the season due to money troubles.....
Sun 13/09/09 at 19:58
Regular
"I like turtles"
Numnut,

Noticed there's a couple of interesting behind the scenes video's made at the MSS Kawasaki factory on the official BSB site,just thought you might be interested.There both only a few minutes long,coffee break friendly !.

Hearing a few rumours about Neil Hodgson considering a return to the series next year.Not sure which teams he has been in touch with,but they seem to have originated from the man himself ?.One source is Crash.net.If it happens would be interesting to see how gets he on.

Stuart Easton won his (and Hydrex Honda's) first BSB race today,ace news !.
Sun 13/09/09 at 08:51
Regular
"I like turtles"
'If I don't win,I don't get ma key chains',what a legend ! :)

On a more serious note,John Hopkins is out for the rest of the season following his nasty crash at the Nurburgring.Initial reports that he was relatively OK (apart from his shoulder and wrist) seem to have been a bit premature.He has been diagnosed with a type of 'head trauma' which looks like some sort of bleeding on his brain.He has been given a 6 week layoff which obviously means the end of his WSBK campaign for this year.Man,how much crappy luck can one guy have in a season ?.First he lost his MotoGP ride when Kawasaki bailed (at the 11th hour,leaving no available rides),then his monster bone breaking crash at Assen and finally this !.Hope he recovers,Hopper is a fantastic rider and a top bloke but I think its fair to say this hasn't been his year ! :(
Sat 12/09/09 at 14:21
Staff
"Look! There's a..."
Watched it a little while ago - I almost choked when he gave the kitten answer! It all sounds so sincere too. Brilliant!

Rossi with the cat at the end was pretty funny too!

Have fun at work. Nothing beats working on a sunny Saturday!
Sat 12/09/09 at 13:41
Regular
"I like turtles"
Simon Andrews has had a decent year,which is good to see.I'm not surprised Camier is going to be bagged by a WSBK team either.he struggled a bit at the start of last year after his injury but this year he has been in a class of his own.If Spies goes to MotoGP,wouldn't be that surprised to see him on his bike (unless Toseland ends up there ?).If that happened I'm not sure where that would leave Tom Sykes though ?.

Numnut,did you get chance to watch that Spies clip ?,I thought it was genius.

Right off to work now,late as usual !.
Sat 12/09/09 at 09:18
Staff
"Look! There's a..."
pete_21 wrote:
> Guintoli's announced he's staying in BSB with Suzuki next
> year,but it looks like Camier's off to WSBK.Kiyonari has been
> nowhere at Croft so far,no idea what's going on with him,seems to
> have lost the plot at the moment ? :S.

Morning, you're on it early today!

Not surprised about Camier really, he's miles ahead of the rest of the field so you can't really begrudge him his chance, hopefully he'll get a good ride and make a good impression.

Would expect anyone on the Honda to be doing well, they're one of the bigger teams so you'd think he'd be somewhere in the mix.

I'm happy that Simon Andrews is doing well - the Kawasaki team is based in Colchester which is pretty much our 'local' team, so got to give them some support, and I ride a kawa too!
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.