GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Moto GP"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 24/08/09 at 19:36
Staff
"Look! There's a..."
So we don't get criticised for hijacking the F1 thread, here is the MotoGP thread!

Feel Free to discuss WSB and BSB too.

Check Here to see how your team is doing.
Page:
Mon 07/09/09 at 19:57
Staff
"Look! There's a..."
pete_21 wrote:

> Numnut where are you man ?,missed you on here ! :)

Well deserved holiday mate, I meant to post something so the thread wasn't abandoned, but I ran out of time.....! glad to see you've kept it going though, you even managed to get Warhunt involved!

With what the BBC were saying about the tech3 ride over the weekend it sounds like JT will be in the dark until Ben Spies either wins or doesn't win the WSB title. If that's the case I think I'd cut my losses and just find myself a ride for next year. It doesn't seem very fair keeping him hanging on until its convenient for them to decide.

I hate to admit it but I forwarded through the Supersport race at the weekend, might still have it on the sky+ though so should be able to give it a watch.

I was a bit gutted for Camier in the BSB over the bank holiday - though I find it hard to believe a professional racer was confused about what a particular flag meant. Still you're right he does need some competition, hopefully guintoli will be back on form next race. Isnt' Josh brookes back too? Best all keep a look out over their shoulders!
Mon 07/09/09 at 16:53
Regular
"I like turtles"
Yeah,reckon Honda will help LCR out with running a second bike if Aoyama is going to be on it.He deserves a chance IMO,he's been very fast and totally consistent this year and its fair to say he hasn't been on the best bike.All the other 250 Honda's have been nowhere and he has been winning races and leading the championship on the thing.Last guy to that in 250's was Pedrosa.He's very fast,rarely makes mistakes,is loyal to Honda,will probably be 250cc World champion and Japanese.That's all boxes ticked ! :)

Oh,if you hear him being interviewed he's funny as well.

Yamaha are rumoured to have offered Spies the chance to come to MotoGP a year early if he bags this years WSBK title.If its true then that's not good news at all for Toseland.There are too many riders and not enough bikes for next year which is not an ideal situation.Hope I'm wrong,but I don't fancy his chances TBH.

Regarding De Angelis (or D'Angerous as some people are now calling him !),yeah,he undid all of his impressive work in about 150 yards !.He has been on fire for the last 2 rounds and goes and blows it with a stupid move like that.Still,both Gresini riders have been very fast recently and neither currently have a job for next year.

Saw the WSBK race,Rea's move was hard but fair IMO.Shame Haga fell off though,can understand why he was unhappy.Just one of those things,happens in racing,especially at this level.What about Crutchlow in WSS winning by 10 secs !,that guy is on fire at the moment.Fully deserves a Moto 2/WSBK ride for next year.Personally I hope he goes to Moto 2,I think its going to a fantastic championship and the bikes should suit him being similar to a Supersport machine.Reckon its the best route to MotoGP and he has made no secret of his desire to get there.

Kiyonari and Hill are back for the next BSB race at Croft.That should be interesting,be nice to see Camier have at least some competition !.Not sure what is going on with Kiyonari this year he has been bafflingly crap.
Mon 07/09/09 at 13:20
Staff
"Look! There's a..."
Really enjoyed the racing yesterday, missed the 125s but caught the last half of the 250s.

Really thought someone would be off in the last few laps - glad they weren't - but great racing.

I agree with you Pete, Aoyama is going to end up in MotoGP - LCR was making noises hinting at a second bike for next year and Toselands' manager said something about a new team too, so I'd imagine there may be at least one bike next year for Aoyama.

The GP was good again - though I wouldn't want to be de angelis at the moment.

I really thought Hayden was going to floor him after that - I'm sure he thought about it! I think Lorenzo did well to hold on after his back wheel was clipped too, could have been a very different race.

At least 'the donkey' managed to do himself proud and put Lorenzo in his place again. Some good battles going on through the field as well. Thought maybe JT might have done a little better than tenth but being behind vermeulen, capirossi etc isn't anything to be embarrassed about.

I'm glad that Hayden is confirmed for next year too, was really disappointed for him that he didn't get to race yesterday.

Did anyone see the WSB yesterday, that was some close racing too. A bit of a controversial pass for the lead by our very own Jonny Rea too - who actually went on to win so it all worked out well.
Sat 05/09/09 at 08:48
Regular
"I like turtles"
Ben Spies is to remain in WSBK for next year with Yamaha before switching to MotoGP (probably with Tech 3) in 2011.This has got to be good news for Edwards and Toseland who are both desperate to stay with the team for another year.Most bike racing fans appreciate Mr.Spies is just a little bit good and totally deserves to be in the premier class.But Yamaha have never won a WSBK title and he is by far their best chance to change that.Cant believe teams have failed to notice the enormously improved Alex De Angelis or the very impressive Hiroshi Aoyama.Who along with Marco Simoncelli (who is joining the series with Gresini Honda next year) has been one of the strongest rider in 250's.He seems to have been loyal to Honda throughout his career and being Japanese wont exactly hurt his chances either !.Reckon he will be end up on a satellite bike (LCR maybe ?).See Rossi's off to a flyer in Misano,he is going to be desperate to leave there with his points lead intact.

Numnut where are you man ?,missed you on here ! :)
Thu 03/09/09 at 17:24
Regular
"I like turtles"
Yeah,Lorenzo will be on it until the end of the season for sure.Should be really interesting to watch.Ducati confirm Hayden staying with them for 2010.Really chuffed for him,deserved to stay IMO.He just needs to continue his very recent improvement in form,which I reckon he will.
Wed 02/09/09 at 22:08
Regular
its given lorenzo a bit more confidence too which i think he needed
Tue 01/09/09 at 09:29
Regular
"I like turtles"
Yay !,2 more people have posted in the thread !,welcome guys.Although Warhunt isn't a MotoGP fan (yet),I believe this fantastic series will win him over in the end !.

Regarding the Rossi crash,I thought it was a very strange one.Reminded me of the crashes Biaggi used to have on the Yamaha a few years ago.He would be pushing and without any warning the front would just fold on him.I reckon the fact the track at Indy is new and unused contributed to Rossi's crash.It looked as though he was pushing like hell and once he had run offline arrived at the outside of the corner to find there was just no grip there.Over the weekend there were a few very wierd crashes in all 3 GP classes.Anyway,its closed the championship gap right up which should make the last few races interesting.
Tue 01/09/09 at 00:23
Regular
the rossi accident looked more like a bike problems to me though i have know idea what could of caused it,

could not believe pedrosa going over either, i thought he would of had that race in the bag
Mon 31/08/09 at 11:49
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
What a long post for 2 people 0_o

I wish I was a bit more into racing, I'm just not. I used to go "banger racing" with my dad when I was little for a while (my uncle or someone had a car or somthing to do with it) See how vague I was?

Other than that I just don't get it.

Like the look of bikes more than cars I'll admit. My girlfriends brother bought a new one the other day, cost him a fair fair whack, bout 6k I think. (Don't ask me what it is) He brought it over to his mums when we were all over for a BBQ, and as he was wheeling it around the corner to the garage, it just fell to one side. Massive scratch on the side 0_o
Mon 31/08/09 at 09:55
Regular
"I like turtles"
Interesting race,you don't often see Rossi giving away presents like that,very strange crash though.Great to see Hayden,Edwards and Toseland all get decent results (think they all needed them) but what about De Angelis ?.What the hell did the feed that guy (apart from his P45 !).He was on fire all weekend,never seen him ride like that before.Pedrosa did a hell of a job in damage recovery mode as well,those Honda's seemed to have real pace around Indy.Also a fantastic race for Bradley Smith in the 125's,the lad rode out of his skin.Misano next weekend,I'm sure Rossi will be wanting to make amends in front of his home crowd.
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.