GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Moto GP"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 24/08/09 at 19:36
Staff
"Look! There's a..."
So we don't get criticised for hijacking the F1 thread, here is the MotoGP thread!

Feel Free to discuss WSB and BSB too.

Check Here to see how your team is doing.
Page:
Mon 05/08/13 at 11:04
Regular
"I like turtles"
WSB races were great, gutted for Chaz Davies in race 2 he was flying. Not at all what he needed when he's trying to put himself in the shop window for next year.

Thought the Sofuoglu move was a bit harsh but it's not as if he hasn't done stuff like that before. Didn't think it looked too bad from the TV shots but this and this do seem to paint a slightly different picture... I suspect most of the controversy surrounding this was due to Sofuoglu's track record, he is like the Dick Dastardly of WSS!

Regarding Sam Lowes he is apparently in serious consideration for a Tech 3 Moto2 ride While this could obviously give him a shot at racing in MotoGP in the future their intermediate class machine is a nail.

As for those who are hoping that Cal's aggressive never say die style may just tame the evil Desmo next year, I would ask them to consider how Andrea Iannone has fared trying exactly that. Ducati are in big trouble, I sadly suspect this being able to 'ride around the problems' is a myth and not possible ....forget upgrades, they've tried that and it hasn't worked, they need a completely new bike!
Sat 03/08/13 at 18:34
Regular
"I like turtles"
From Superbike Planet:

''How do you predict Crutchlow will do on the Ducati?

His aggressive style and never say die attitude will win the day. Race wins, and maybe even the championship!

496 votes (9.2%)

OMG, no.

4878 votes (90.8%)''
Fri 02/08/13 at 11:43
Staff
"Look! There's a..."
pete_21 wrote:
I did try to warn you...

Yeah you did! - it's all confirmed now. I guess it's good to have a brit on a factory bike, and if Cal does do well then he'll have that ride for the rest of his career, but the big red career killer (good name, ducati should use that instead of desmo... maybe it will add incentive to make a better bike) has a bad reputation for reason...

I really hope he does well on it.

Let's just hope Scott Redding doesn't make the same decision...
Exactly!
Thu 01/08/13 at 18:47
Regular
"I like turtles"
I did try to warn you, thought I might soften the blow! This has been reported in other countries as being a done deal for the last couple of weeks. The German fans seem particularly pleased that Bradl won't be on board the big red career killer next year!

Let's just hope Scott Redding doesn't make the same decision...
Thu 01/08/13 at 16:48
Staff
"Look! There's a..."
Thu 25/07/13 at 14:26
Regular
"I like turtles"
The Crutchlow deal is supposed to be unveiled at Indy, unless someone drags him behind his motorhome and beats some sense into him! Apparently Ducati have offered him 1.5m Euro's a year, 2 year contract. Unless they have something major up their sleeves this would appear to be a massive gamble, Dovi & Iannone are both very fast and just look at how they have fared on the thing this year.

WSS crash was horrible and sadly probably avoidable. Lots of stuff in Italian media regarding the circuit not draining and questioning the decision to start the race in such awful conditions. Melandri, Biaggi & Carlo Pernat have all said similar things and that the series must learn from this event, WSB boss Javier Alonso & Carmelo Ezpleleta are unsurprisingly stating that they did nothing wrong.

BSS race was mega, well worth catching a repeat if poss.

Marquez pass was awesome as was the press conference after! Think it's fair to say Rossi took things a bit better than Stoner did in 2008!

BMW have confirmed they are out of WSB at the end of this year, that's pretty crap news. Going to be a real shortage of competitive machines in all of the top categories for next year. Apparently Melandri looking at the production class in MotoGP as well as staying in WSB with Kawasaki (Sykes already confirmed) or Aprilia. Don't know if Goldbet will continue as a privately run outfit?, doesn't look much wrong with that 1000RR to me. Also Nicky Hayden is currently without a ride for 2014, surely he is going to be on some top teams shopping lists?
Thu 25/07/13 at 12:58
Staff
"Look! There's a..."
pete_21 wrote:
German Media reporting that Cal has signed a (very lucrative) 2 year Ducati deal. Looks like we'll have to wait for Redding to see a Brit winner then? :(

Didn't notice you'd posted this, I'll have a read later on. I really hope he hasn't done something stupid - I can't see any professional reason a rider would go to ducati at the moment (not from an M1, maybe a CRT). They're obviously in a better position to judge than me, but it looks like a move for money. Dovi beat Cal loads last year and now he's doing an impression of wobbly rubbish Kiyo (whose thankfully not wobbly or rubbish anymore) towards the back. That's not really an incentive, is it?

Laguna Race was pretty good - a real shame they don't let the moto2 and 3 race round there. The races would probably be complete carnage though...

Was hoping Bradl would get the win, but it seems that once Marquez decides he's going to get past you, you don't really have a say in it! Nice move by him on Rossi on the Corkscrew - apparenlty Livio Suppo wasn't as critical of the move this time!

Sad news that a rider lost his life in WSS at the weekend. Antonelli was only 25 - crazy wet conditions with loads of spray. A lot of people are suggesting that the race shouldn't have happened - I don't really know either way.

BSB was good, I missed the supersport race and have since read that it was a 'race of the season' type thing. How disappointing!
Sat 20/07/13 at 17:53
Regular
"I like turtles"
German Media reporting that Cal has signed a (very lucrative) 2 year Ducati deal. Looks like we'll have to wait for Redding to see a Brit winner then? :(
Fri 19/07/13 at 18:21
"possibly impossible"
Have just used it myself with the US netflix. Works great and very easy to set up.

Could be useful for watching iPlayer in Spain too.
Fri 19/07/13 at 13:05
Regular
"I like turtles"
Cheers pb, will have a look at that over the weekend.
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.