GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Moto GP"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 24/08/09 at 19:36
Staff
"Look! There's a..."
So we don't get criticised for hijacking the F1 thread, here is the MotoGP thread!

Feel Free to discuss WSB and BSB too.

Check Here to see how your team is doing.
Page:
Fri 27/09/13 at 16:20
Staff
"Look! There's a..."
pete_21 wrote:
Just noticed this, Laguna Seca WSB Races to be run Sat (Race 1) / Sun (Race 2) (10pm both days). As with MotoGP the lower classes are not racing there so there's no World Supersport race.

Good spot, I would have been pretty disappointed come Sunday if I only saw one race!
Fri 27/09/13 at 13:02
Regular
"I like turtles"
Just noticed this, Laguna Seca WSB Races to be run Sat (Race 1) / Sun (Race 2) (10pm both days). As with MotoGP the lower classes are not racing there so there's no World Supersport race.
Thu 26/09/13 at 19:36
Staff
"Look! There's a..."
pete_21 wrote:
Anyway, if it happens again perhaps we can look forward to Kiyo nicking the championship...

He's a nice guy, but even in the context of the showdown that'd be pretty unfair!

Don't know if you knew but Simon Andrews has been badly hurt...

Yeah I saw that, guy needs to find a new career I think! He's a decent rider but he's got a bit of the Ben Spies about him when it comes to luck. Sounds like he's got lots of broken bits but will be ok which is good news.

WSB at Laguna Seca this weekend, I have a sneaking feeling that's going to be just a little bit awesome.

Didn't have a clue about this round until you posted this, I didn't know it was the first time they were going there either...nice surprise though. I think you're right - it's going to be a lot of fun to watch.

I've just seen that Rossi's brother is likely to get a place in the Rossi moto3 team after all. Would've been pretty harsh if he'd been overlooked!
Mon 23/09/13 at 14:00
Regular
"I like turtles"
Yeah, agree with all that. Think Alex/Shakey incident was one of those TBH, no way did he intentionally knock Shakey off anymore than Bridewell intended to take out the rejuvenated Haga. Suppose the thing is with a championship being effectively fought out over 3 meetings it would be a tad unfair to let Alex keep the points. Of course had it been Marquez in MotoGP it would have been absolutely fine! Anyway, if it happens again perhaps we can look forward to Kiyo nicking the championship...

Don't know if you knew but Simon Andrews has been badly hurt in a crash at Le Mans over the weekend (apparently tripped over a bunch of crashed bikes). By the sounds of it he's quite badly broken up, some blokes never have any luck.

WSB at Laguna Seca this weekend, I have a sneaking feeling that's going to be just a little bit awesome.
Mon 23/09/13 at 10:46
Staff
"Look! There's a..."
That article about Sam Lowes sounded pretty ominous - "our lawyers are looking forward to a fight" doesn't sound like the happiest of working environments really does it?

BSB was, erm, close? Race one was great, nice to see Nori looking more competitive as well. So harsh for Ellison - we'd said at the start of the race that Ellison always does well but something 'unfortunate' always happens to him, and it did!

Race 2 started briliiantly until everyone started falling/getting knocked off. Lowes getting disqualified keeps the (ever popular) showdown nice and close. Whether it was the right decision I don't know, but Alex certainly had the pace to get by with a less kamikaze pass later in the race!

BSS was awesome as well, but then it always is!
Wed 18/09/13 at 21:46
Regular
"I like turtles"
Numnut wrote:
I know more of what's happening in bike racing reading this thread than I do if I look for news myself!

Glad to see it's of some use! :)

This is worth sticking through Google translate when you have 5 mins spare. Looks like Sam Lowes is saying a definite no to Yaknich's MV Agusta WSB for next year and they are saying he is going nowhere. Perhaps Yamaha may step in with some cash to help get him into the Tech3 fold? You know just in case Pol turns out to be nothing like the Marquez beater Lin Jarvis seems to think he will be...

I thought about Rossi's kid brother as well, he had a horrific time at Misano though didn't he? (a track he supposedly knows inside out) Maybe Rossi wants a team in place for him when he feels he is ready to compete at international level?
Wed 18/09/13 at 16:49
Staff
"Look! There's a..."
If Rossi's running a moto3 team next year, it's a bit harsh that his little brother didn't get a ride...! Fenati did have some good rides last year (the win in the wet) so he's definitely got some potential!

Been a bit of musical bikes this week - I wonder if Nori will do any better on the zx10 than he did on the R1. He knows all the tracks he'll be racing on so hopefully he'll be up there somewhere.

I know more of what's happening in bike racing reading this thread than I do if I look for news myself!
Tue 17/09/13 at 20:59
Regular
"I like turtles"
Tommy Bridewell to Milwaukee Yamaha with immediate effect while German site Speedweek are reporting Aleix Espargaro has bought himself out of his Aspar contract and will partner Colin Edwards at Forward Racing onboard their customer M1's next year. Nicky Hayden and Eugene Laverty now appear to the most likely candidates for Aspar for next year.

Rossi will run a Moto3 team in 2014 with Romano Fenati as one of his riders and FTR chassis machines. Fenati has had a mare of a season but that lad is bloody quick, would be surprised if he isn't running at the front with VR's team next year.
Tue 17/09/13 at 09:26
Regular
"I like turtles"
Marquez sets the fastest time at Misano test using with the 'standard' ECU fitted to his bike... :0

Supposed underpeformer and washed up has been Toni Elias produces two of the best rides of his entire career on a bike which has done little all season.

Was set to watch a processional WSS race (on fast forward) as Sam Lowes needed only to keep it up upright to put some extra fingers on the one hand he already had on the world title and was treated to the best race of the year in any category.

Eugene Laverty announced he is very probably out of a job at the end of the year and then went out and gave the entire WSB field a double spanking.

Whoever said bike racing was predictable!

GP was so so, Moto2 was better even if it wasn't a great day in the office for Mr. Redding. Not sure what the problem was but he never really seemed to get going, not at all what we expected. Can't afford many more weekends like that...and what the hell was Pol's victory eagle thing all about? He looked a right tool!

Oh and Yonny Hernandez (the most crashtastic rider of 2013) will be onboard the evil unforgiving Pramac Desmo for the rest of the season. He reckons it's the best bike he's ever ridden?!!

....and Haga is in at PBM (in place of Farmer) for the last 3 BSB rounds. Be interesting to see if he can relight the touch paper. If not then there may be 2 Japanese riders going home at the end of the season...
Fri 13/09/13 at 13:17
Regular
"I like turtles"
I think Mr. Rossi could be in for a more promising weekend if free practice times are anything to go by. I suspect this new seamless shift gearbox may just give Yamaha a little more than they are letting on...

Yeah, think we all know where that sports personality of the year thing will be heading (to a certain tennis player who doesn't seem to have much of one!). When you consider Scott Redding has gone from looking as though he was out of the sport following a disastrous 2008/09 campaign onboard a 125cc bike he was clearly far too big for to being involved in the horrible accident that killed Shoya Tomizawa the year after, it's incredible to see how strongly he has bounced back. He could be our first world champion in a MotoGP class since Barry Sheene over 35 years ago, you would have thought that must count for something? I agree the 'contest' is total nonsense although it would be nice to see Redding's achievements recognised outside of the 2 wheeled racing world (although that's totally not going to happen!).

Still not allowed a bike although that new 899 Panigale does look rather nice.
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.