GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Moto GP"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 24/08/09 at 19:36
Staff
"Look! There's a..."
So we don't get criticised for hijacking the F1 thread, here is the MotoGP thread!

Feel Free to discuss WSB and BSB too.

Check Here to see how your team is doing.
Page:
Thu 12/09/13 at 19:36
Staff
"Look! There's a..."
pete_21 wrote:
Silverstone was mega, best motorsport event I've ever attended. Crowds were massive though, never seen so many people at a 2 wheeled event before. No doubt that will change once its taken off terrestrial TV next year! Bumped into Scott Redding and a few of his Marc VDS team on the way out which was cool

Nice! Always surprising how the riders just turn up wandering round the circuit.

Sam Lowes has one hand on the WSS crown .. karma's a b***h eh?!!!

Well said! Really hope he get's it. Hope he can get in to moto2 - apparently he's already contracted to his current team in wsb for next year so that might be awkward for him.

If Sykes bags the WSB title as well it could be a very good year for the Brits!

If we end up with 3 world champions that would be brilliant. I wonder whether the sports personality nonsense will mention it? Actually, we already know they wont!

BTW my Mrs. loved the GP wants to go again next year! :0
good stuff - you do know bike racing is more enjoyable if you turn up and leave on a bike don't you? (just trying to help...)

Misano this weekend - Could be a good one for Rossi - he managed to get the Ducati up the front in the dry (I think), so the yam (with rossi on it) should be able to win by about 30 seconds shouldn't it?
Tue 10/09/13 at 17:06
Regular
"I like turtles"
Silverstone was mega, best motorsport event I've ever attended. Crowds were massive though, never seen so many people at a 2 wheeled event before. No doubt that will change once its taken off terrestrial TV next year! Bumped into Scott Redding and a few of his Marc VDS team on the way out which was cool, he is seriously tall though! Apparently the Gresini deal is for a prototype for 2015 (rumoured to be HRC supported as Simoncelli was within that team). The only issue he seems to have at the moment is that Pete Benson (his crew chief at Marc VDS) has declined to rejoin Honda in MotoGP so he is on the lookout for a new one. With the performances Redding has put in this year can't believe he will find it that hard to find some really good guys who want to work with him.

It does indeed look like Sam Lowes has one hand on the WSS crown following Sofuoglu binning it at the Nurburgring, karma's a b***h eh?!!! Also looks like he will be off to Moto2 to partner Danny Kent at Tech3 next year.

A lot of people unhappy at the lack of oil flags at the Nurburgring, understandable really as it was well over a minute after the oil went down that Rea & Camier crashed on it. A snapped leg is not nice but could have been much worse.

If Sykes bags the WSB title as well it could be a very good year for the Brits!

BTW my Mrs. loved the GP wants to go again next year! :0
Tue 10/09/13 at 15:35
Staff
"Look! There's a..."
pete_21 wrote:
Off to Silverstone with my mate stupid o'clock Sunday morning...

Bet you enjoyed that! Didn't actually see the GP as I was in France, but I've watched the race (though I've still not seen moto2) - not a bad one to go to really! Was impressed with Marquez starting the race let alone challenging for the win - great riding by lorenzo though to pass him for the win!

I think Lorenzo is going to have to work pretty hard to retain his championship, though I hope he does.

Great news about Scott Redding for next year, I think his deal gets him on the prototype in 2015 which is good for him.

BSB at donnington was pretty good, harsh for ellison in race 2 but that seems to be the way his season is going! Really not sure Kiyo deserves to be in the showdown to be honest - I'm not really sure how he's managed to get enough points to be there in the first place!

Sounds like Jonny Rea is out for the season now after his crash in germany. Lots of people complaining about race control/marshalling at that race - the bike that caused the oil spill wasn't subtle about it so someone probably should have considered that something had been left on the track..

Could be a good year for the brits for world championships - Sam Lowes has a nice lead in WSS and Redding is doing nicely in Moto2 as well.
Thu 29/08/13 at 21:14
Regular
"I like turtles"
Scott Redding confirmed at Gresini Honda, 2 year deal, 1st year on the production bike.
Thu 29/08/13 at 10:43
Regular
"I like turtles"
Off to Silverstone with my mate stupid o'clock Sunday morning, was looking good until our other halves decided they want to come as well. Neither of them have any interest whatsoever in motorcycle racing...
Tue 20/08/13 at 12:02
Regular
"I like turtles"
Numnut wrote:
I think Rossi and Lorenzo quite liked the seamless switch thing they were testing, but apparently they're not going to be allowed to use it until Japan are completely happy with it!

I don't think its speed they're after, more stability when they change gear through corners and things.

Yeah, think it's more to do with initial acceleration out of corners and maintaining tyre wear and stuff, boring bits aside it sounds ace!

Gp was a bit dull I thought up until the final few laps then it got a bit more interesting. Bit of a harsh move by Hayden, but who cares, seeing both ducatis 'jump' the curbing was pretty cool! Nice for bradley to get by them both too (that guy gets so much crap but I don't see what else he could be doing).

Yeah GP wasn't great (Marquez pass, 4th place scrap aside), think a lot of that was down to the crap Indy circuit TBH, looks like it's keeping its place on the calendar possibly at the expense of the brilliant Laguna Seca. Another rubbish Dorna decision which looks to be down to the fact that the lower classes cannot run there. WSB is going back there from this year don't know if WSS etc. will be racing there though? Smith is doing alright in my opinion, unfortunate for him to graduate the same year as Marquez who is undoubtedly stealing the spotlight as far as this years rookies are concerned, Iannone on the other hand has had a real baptism of fire. I suspect Hayden's 'backyard pass' was payback for Dovi's over aggressive riding at Laguna, that's what I love about Hayden, he never whinges or b*****s about anyone but clearly deep down it's all stored... Spies on the other hand appears to be taking crap luck to a whole new level!

Moto2 was good (as always) though.

Yeah, that was much better. Great to see Scott Redding doing exactly what he needs to do to win that championship, who cares if he says ''you know'' about 3 times in every sentence! I genuinely believe that Espargaro can be beaten this year, he's good but he's nothing really special IMHO.

Did you see Danny Webb is now riding in WSS for the PTR honda team? Apparently he got dropped by his moto3 team at the start of this weekend. It's got to be a good thing, he's been in the moto3/125 paddock for years with a decent reputation on an awful bike. The PTR honda team are a decent team so he should get some decent results.

Yeah, did see that, agree it should be a positive move for him. PTR are a proven team in that championship, can't see why Danny shouldn't go very well on that bike.
Tue 20/08/13 at 10:26
Staff
"Look! There's a..."
I think Rossi and Lorenzo quite liked the seamless switch thing they were testing, but apparently they're not going to be allowed to use it until Japan are completely happy with it!

I don't think its speed they're after, more stability when they change gear through corners and things.

Gp was a bit dull I thought up until the final few laps then it got a bit more interesting. Bit of a harsh move by Hayden, but who cares, seeing both ducatis 'jump' the curbing was pretty cool! Nice for bradley to get by them both too (that guy gets so much crap but I don't see what else he could be doing).

Moto2 was good (as always) though.

Did you see Danny Webb is now riding in WSS for the PTR honda team? Apparently he got dropped by his moto3 team at the start of this weekend. It's got to be a good thing, he's been in the moto3/125 paddock for years with a decent reputation on an awful bike. The PTR honda team are a decent team so he should get some decent results.
Thu 15/08/13 at 08:45
Regular
"I like turtles"
Yamaha's seamless shift gearbox in action. No idea what the improvement in lap times was (if any) but it certainly sounds fast! Yamaha are not saying when it will make its race debut or if it can be fitted to their existing race engines. Obviously fitting a new one would reduce Rossi/Lorenzo's allocation (unless they were due a swap anyway). It certainly seems to work on the Honda, that thing leaps out of corners so it would seem like Yamaha are on the right track.
Wed 07/08/13 at 21:12
Regular
"I like turtles"
Think Neil Hodgson manages the Lowes boys, pretty sure he will steer them in the right direction. I agree getting into the Tech3 family might be a good long term option but moving to Moto2 with them will undoubtedly be a struggle initially. What about Scott Redding's soon to be vacated Marc VDS ride or Espargaro's seat at Pon's?, surely Sam has created attention from other teams in that series as well? I just wish Tech3 would bin off their own chassis and move to Kalex like the vast majority of top teams, they clearly have the resources but their intermediate class machine is a dog.
Wed 07/08/13 at 18:21
Staff
"Look! There's a..."
pete_21 wrote:
Thought the Sofuoglu move was a bit harsh...

Yep, was a bit harsh - a bit like melandri last year at donnington - though if it was the other way round would we be amazed at the 'skillful' overtake he pulled off!

I did like how completely biased the park ferme interviews were as well!

I finally managed to watch the BSS race from brands a week or so ago - I'm glad I did, that was brilliant!

Regarding Sam Lowes...Tech 3

I'd take it I think - WSB seems to be a bit shaky at the moment with BMW leaving - Neil hodgson was mentioning something about aprilia rumoured to be pulling out too - the tech 3 bike isn't great but it's a good team and if you do well, there's the GP bike to have a go on!

As for those who are hoping that Cal's aggressive never say die style may just tame the evil Desmo next year, I would ask them to consider how Andrea Iannone has fared trying exactly that.

Not the frame/chassis change they were after I'd imagine! I think Cal will do alright - with the Yam top 5 is sort of expected now, with the ducati, finishing infront of CRT's is the target so you get a bit more lee-way!

I hope it works out for him - all the write ups suggest that he'll be the no.1 rider in the team as well, so hopefully ducati will listen to his feedback and make some changes.
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.