GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Moto GP"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 24/08/09 at 19:36
Staff
"Look! There's a..."
So we don't get criticised for hijacking the F1 thread, here is the MotoGP thread!

Feel Free to discuss WSB and BSB too.

Check Here to see how your team is doing.
Page:
Fri 01/11/13 at 14:41
Staff
"Look! There's a..."
pete_21 wrote:

GP was alright, Lorenzo is a class act. Marquez just needs a top 4 place to secure the title at Valencia. His Japanese GP helmet seems to have landed him in more hot water, how the hell did that get past Honda's PR dept?!!!

I thought Marquez's lid looked pretty good, I knew some people would take it the wrong way though! Considering they were in Japan, so all the honda people would have been there, someone must have said, 'don't worry, they'll really like it'...

Really hope Lorenzo wins (the championship) in all honesty, his riding at the moment is almost faultless whereas Marquez (who's also riding brilliantly all things considered) is bouncing and sliding along behind just to keep up. Not sure it's going to be lorenzos year though.

Think Ben Spies has made a decent decision, any more luck like he's had the past few years and he'll be missing limbs! He's not had a bad career really, and I'd imagine he's got plans to do something with his cycling team as well.

Gutting for Scott Redding, but like you say 2nd isn't a bad season in Moto2.

Lots of riders moving around already - melandri off to aprilia, ellison riding a kawasaki in BSB with chris walker (gb moto I think), think Laverty wants to stay in WSB rather than fall off the pramac ducati in GPs next year, oh and Hopper is back in BSB!
Sun 27/10/13 at 21:35
Regular
"I like turtles"
So Ben Spies has retired and Scott Redding has inherited his luck! Absolutely gutted for the lad, he had to try though didn't he? Just imagine if he had stayed at home and Espargaro had failed to finish the last couple of races (look at what happened in Moto3 today). Apparently the Spanish guy involved in that crash has been diagnosed with a 'cranial trauma' which doesn't sound good. Redding says he'll back for Valencia to secure the runners up spot in the championship, which lets be honest is still a hell of an achievement (even more so given the events of the last couple of weekends).

GP was alright, Lorenzo is a class act. Marquez just needs a top 4 place to secure the title at Valencia. His Japanese GP helmet seems to have landed him in more hot water, how the hell did that get past Honda's PR dept?!!!
Fri 25/10/13 at 09:40
Regular
"I like turtles"
Numnut wrote:
Brands was good on sunday wasn't it! I really thought Lowes crashing out of race 2 would mean Shakey would take the title, really didn't expect him to fall off!

The last race was nice and tense though, would have been a lot more hopper/hill I think if it had been dry but you can't have everything!

Both of them deserved to win, but seeing as Lowes is off to PBM in Gp next year he's not going to be getting near another title for a while, so nice for him to win something!

Probably should mention Josh Brooks outclassing everyone at brands too...

Nice silent assassin ride from Stuart Easton to win the BSS title - hope he'll get on alright next year back in BSB on the zx10.

Racing at Brands was ace, as I said before I had no real favourite over Lowes or Shakey as I honestly believed they both deserved it, was always going to seem harsh on whichever missed out. Good to see some new blood taking the title though and as you said looks like it's going to be a while before he gets chance to fight for another title. MotoGP with PBM is going to be tough for him (as will the heavily rumoured Pramac ride for Eugene Laverty) but I suppose all they can do is get out there and show what they can do on the big stage. Brookes is one of the very best riders in BSB but I don't think that Suzuki is a championship winning bike at the moment, be interesting to see what he does next year. Think Stuart Easton will be fine in BSB TBH, he was still injured when he rode last year, this year he has managed to mix it with the BSS lunatics and come out on top, something to be said for that!

GP in phillip island was fun, good that marquez was disqualified so that we still have a championship to watch. Motegi is going to be a bit wet by the sounds of it (something about a typhoon), so could be an important race!

Although it was 'interesting' thought Philip Island race was probably the most bizarre motorcycle race I have ever seen. Ezpeleta has come up with some bonkers ideas in the past but mandatory MotoGP pit stops has to be his greatest work yet! Interesting as it was I hope to never see another race like it, stupidly dangerous and Marquez penalty was a joke. Lorenzo touch could have been really nasty but in Marquez defence there are no mirrors on MotoGP bikes....yet!

Latest news on Motegi schedule, sounds like we're in for the second crazy weekend in a row!

Reddings been passed fit for first practice as well, so we'll see how that pans out for him! Would be gutting for him to lose the title because of something like this.

Respect for him, this is going to be big test. Trying to reduce a 16 point deficit in 2 rounds riding with a broken wrist is a huge ask. Saying that remember the last Moto2 wet race we had? (think it was Le Mans?) both Espargaro & Rabat fell off so anything could still happen. Just hope Redding manages to stay on, another crash could be really bad news for him.

Oh, and well done to Tom Sykes for winning WSB - brilliant.

Absolutely and totally deserved, not bad for a bloke who looked as though he was out of a job a couple of years ago! Also thought Laverty's final corner pass was the best this year, it was even better as it was Melandri he stuffed! :D
Thu 24/10/13 at 12:57
Staff
"Look! There's a..."
Managed to see all the races now...

Brands was good on sunday wasn't it! I really thought Lowes crashing out of race 2 would mean Shakey would take the title, really didn't expect him to fall off!

The last race was nice and tense though, would have been a lot more hopper/hill I think if it had been dry but you can't have everything!

Both of them deserved to win, but seeing as Lowes is off to PBM in Gp next year he's not going to be getting near another title for a while, so nice for him to win something!

Probably should mention Josh Brooks outclassing everyone at brands too...

Nice silent assassin ride from Stuart Easton to win the BSS title - hope he'll get on alright next year back in BSB on the zx10.

GP in phillip island was fun, good that marquez was disqualified so that we still have a championship to watch. Motegi is going to be a bit wet by the sounds of it (something about a typhoon), so could be an important race!

Reddings been passed fit for first practice as well, so we'll see how that pans out for him! Would be gutting for him to lose the title because of something like this.

Oh, and well done to Tom Sykes for winning WSB - brilliant.
Sat 19/10/13 at 09:26
Regular
"I like turtles"
Redding broke wrist in qualifying fall, out of Australian GP. Fear that's probably cost him the title, gutted :(

Serious tyre issues at Philip Island, Moto2 race confirmed shortened, GP possibly flag to flag or even 2 short races!
Wed 16/10/13 at 16:33
Regular
"I like turtles"
Don't forget Brands BSB final this weekend is a triple header, 1st race on Sat 15.10, being shown live on British Eurosport 2 (race starts 15.40).

Yeah, not surprised about Kiyo TBH, sadly I think the guy is a shadow of his former self, shame as he has been awesome in the past. The Tommy Hill thing could be interesting, I like the lad a lot, think he'll make a really good team manager (providing he gets to run competitive machinery and doesn't sign Kiyo!).
Wed 16/10/13 at 13:23
Staff
"Look! There's a..."
I'm pretty stuck at the bottom of the league this year, I don't think anything I can change is going to help!

Yeah first half of the GP was good, nice to see some fighting from Lorenzo. I can't see Marquez not winning, but he's only got to bin it once (and let's face it, he's barely keeping the bike upright most of the time!) and Lorenzo is right back in there. In the nicest possible way, I hope Marquez finishes out the points this weekend!

Really hope Scott manages to get a decent result (relative to Pol) this weekend. Pol always seems on the edge whereas Scott is looking a lot calmer -on the outside at least. Think it's going down to the last race to be honest!

Read today that Tommy Hill is coming back to BSB, but as a team manager. No confirmation on manufacturer or riders. A real shame he didn't get a break in WSB after winning his title, but good to see him back.

Kiyo is out for Brands, and it's not looking like he's going to be retained for next year. Not entirely surprising really!
Tue 15/10/13 at 12:11
Regular
"I like turtles"
Yeah, can't see what difference a new team boss is going to make to Ducati TBH, the bike looked worse than ever last weekend. Hayden has been saying that he may have to start at least one of the final 3 races from the pit lane as his remaining engines are pretty tired. Bet he can't wait to get the hell out of there. As you said they don't need a new team manager they need a new bike!

GP was good (first half was anyway) although there was always this feeling that the Yamaha's would not really have an answer for the orange missiles in Malaysia. Everyone knocked Rossi when he made comments that they need to improve certain areas of the M1 to fight the Honda's, now Lorenzo is saying exactly the same thing. Unless Marquez fails to finish any of the last remaining races surely the title is a foregone conclusion now?

Very nasty crash in Moto2 thankfully no one was seriously hurt. Restart was a nightmare with Simeon's bonehead first corner move effectively ruining Redding's race. He was really lucky not to get taken out completely. As predicted Scott struggled a little bit at Sepang but the next few races should be a bit better for him. I'm sure he knows exactly what he needs to do.

Made a few last minute changes to my fantasy team in a bid to do marginally less crap than I have been lately, not holding my breath!
Thu 10/10/13 at 11:33
Staff
"Look! There's a..."
Yeah loads happening! Apparently Sam Lowes is going to be on a speed up bike next year. Not a bad option really!

Did you see - Marquez got an extra point as his penalty, don't really know what that means aside from he doesn't have to start at the back of the grid, though all honda bikes have now got a carbon covering over the rear wheel sensor from this race onwards!

I see what you mean about Seeley/Lowes - surely it's the same thing and should be the same penalty? Ah, but BSS doesn't have a show down that could go down to the last race does it...

You're right about BSB though, Shakey and Alex Lowes are the only ones who've been in it from the start this year and either is a deserved winner. Showdown or not, they've been so close this year that it was only ever going to come down to the last races - hopefully we'll get a last race like we did when hopper and tommy hill went for it a couple of years ago!

Just seen that Gigi dall'igna has left aprilia for ducati in GP - could be a good thing, though I still think if they had a less crap bike they'd be doing better regardless of who's in charge.

Oh yeah, brilliant that Sam Lowes won the WSS title, hopefully Sykes won't be too far behind with the WSB one!
Wed 09/10/13 at 08:44
Regular
"I like turtles"
Quite a bit going on at the moment, newly crowned WSS Sam Lowes is now confirmed to be Moto2 bound (2 year deal with an as yet unconfirmed team although it will not be Tech3). Although being recently confirmed as staying Danny Kent is out of that team at the end of the year and might be back in Moto3 next year. Not too upset to see either of them not getting in there TBH, that Mistral chassis is pants.

BSB/BSS races were fantastic although how the hell did Seeley end up getting a 10 sec penalty for punting off O'Halloran when Alex Lowes got disqualified at Assen for doing exactly the same thing?!!! This fabricated showdown nonsense is getting even more of a joke which is a shame as the racing itself has been exceptional this year. As for the title I really have no real preference over Lowes or Shakey, both deserve it IMHO. Would be great to see a Lowes family double as it would be to see Byrne cement himself as the most successful rider in the history of the series. If the championship has be messed about with for entertainment purposes then I would also give Ellison a bonus 50 points for save of the century!

WSB race were unusually dull until.....the end of the second race! Respect to both of the Aprilia riders though, neither were for giving up. Unless Sykes has a nightmare at Jerez though surely the title is in the bag? Although remember Magny Cours last year?, Biaggi was in a similar position and under no real pressure fell off in the first race blowing the title race wide open. I'm sure Tom remembers that all too well, surely he'll have that Kwak set to 'get me home mode'?

Sepang MotoGP this weekend where Marquez is to be thrown in front of race direction for his over aggressive on track conduct. Think we can look forward to absolutely nothing coming of that! Moto2 should be awesome although there are some seriously long straights at Sepang, Scott may have his work cut out there? Gino Rea is also on board the injured Moncayo's bike for the rest of the season, let's see if he can put himself in the window for a half decent ride for next year.
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.