GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Violence in Games"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 18/12/02 at 10:52
Regular
I know this is in the wrong forum, but i could not post it in the one i wanted cos i'm a newbie. Anyway i'd like to know what peoples views are on the violence and adult content in the games that are around now. My belief is that if they continue going the way they are going in the next few years we're going to have some seriously sick games on the market, this is not a complaint though the point i'm trying to get through is that most of the violence today is blamed on computer games. It only takes one irresponsible teen to do something stupid then their parents blame it on the computer games industry but it's probably that the child is very sick in the head. Personally iv'e never played on a computer game then gone and shot somebody.

"why buy the cow when you can get the sex for free"
Wed 06/08/03 at 12:49
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
What exactly is your point?

That game need gore?

That gory games need violence?

That gory games need gore?

Apart from stating the obvious, what is your point?
Wed 06/08/03 at 12:49
Regular
"Festivus!"
Morius wrote:
> those games aren't violant! Croc jumping ontop of a gobbo isnt going
> to make little kids go out and find a rat and jump on it is it?

He can punch.

If you punch someone it is classed as a violent act.

Therefore, Croc is performing an act of violence.
Wed 06/08/03 at 12:48
Regular
"Chris Morris"
those games aren't violant! Croc jumping ontop of a gobbo isnt going to make little kids go out and find a rat and jump on it is it?
Wed 06/08/03 at 12:47
Regular
"Festivus!"
Morius wrote:
> Look at Dance mat games

I've seen girls fight to have goes...

> look at Final Fantasy

So the turn-based battles don't feature fighting?

> look at the eyetoy

Hello? the one where you beat up the ninja dudes...

> Look at Croc

I once saw him try to bítch slap a gobbo, and one of those enemy dudes

> look it FIFA

A game where you can severly injury peoples calves?

> I know they dont need to be violant
> to be good, I meant GTA and Resident Evil, they do.

I think you're refferring to 'gore' not violence...
Wed 06/08/03 at 12:39
Regular
"Chris Morris"
Look at Dance mat games, look at Final Fantasy, look at the eyetoy games, Look at Croc, look it FIFA, I know they dont need to be violant to be good, I meant GTA and Resident Evil, they do.
Wed 06/08/03 at 12:30
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
Because a game doesn't have to be violent to be good. Look at Nintendo games.
Wed 06/08/03 at 12:28
Regular
"Chris Morris"
Unbeliever wrote:
> Morius wrote:
> And anyway, what would games be without violance?
>
> That's the stupidest thing I've seen written in a while...

And whys that? By the way I meant what would THOSE games be like...
Wed 06/08/03 at 12:22
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
Morius wrote:
> And anyway, what would games be without violance?

That's the stupidest thing I've seen written in a while...
Wed 06/08/03 at 12:20
Regular
"Chris Morris"
Nobody should complain about it because games that are "Really violant" for example, Resident Evil, they get rated. I belive Resi Evil was an 18 when it first came out. Parents cant complain if "Their children are getting nightmares because of that game" because they shouldnt have it anyway!
And whats all this about playing GTA and going out to steal a car? WHAT!!?? Yeah, Steve (Just picking a random name) played GTA, saw someone stealing a car, thought it was a great Idea, and went and done it!
Actually, Steve knew that people stole cars BEFORE he played the game. Dont blame it on GTA.
And anyway, what would games be without violance? Look at those "Shoot 'em ups". They would be shot and then dissapear or something? It would be too unreailistic. Also, what WOULD the zombies in Resi Evil look like? Normal people? Normal looking people limping around groaning? But no, they cant limp or groan, thats too violant! How scary would resi evil be then? It would be about as scary as the gameboy version of Resident Evil!

Sorry, I got a little carried away, at least you know that I am of the opinion that games are not too violant in the slightest. Carry on!
Wed 06/08/03 at 11:53
Regular
"Festivus!"
I reckon it shall be, just because of how stagnant this whole forum is.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.