GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Violence in Games"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 18/12/02 at 10:52
Regular
I know this is in the wrong forum, but i could not post it in the one i wanted cos i'm a newbie. Anyway i'd like to know what peoples views are on the violence and adult content in the games that are around now. My belief is that if they continue going the way they are going in the next few years we're going to have some seriously sick games on the market, this is not a complaint though the point i'm trying to get through is that most of the violence today is blamed on computer games. It only takes one irresponsible teen to do something stupid then their parents blame it on the computer games industry but it's probably that the child is very sick in the head. Personally iv'e never played on a computer game then gone and shot somebody.

"why buy the cow when you can get the sex for free"
Sun 20/04/03 at 12:27
Regular
"I see you"
I should really start and look over my writing before click on post, to stop mistakes like (wasd).
Sun 20/04/03 at 12:26
Regular
"I see you"
Yeah i wasd just thinking about that, as all this has nothing to do with my original topic what so ever.... Well who cares it wasn't a good one either and i can't really remember why i started it.
Sat 19/04/03 at 19:42
Regular
"Party Hard"
Fair enough.

Another post to keep the topic going.
Sat 19/04/03 at 18:26
Regular
"I see you"
lol, nyou shall never bow to me my friend. You know i would have actually been a regular by now but i didn't come on for about 4 months or so, and how did i win 4 GAD's well i just posted as many cheats as i could nearly every day but they don't give away GAD's for cheats now.
Sat 19/04/03 at 09:49
Regular
"Party Hard"
machine1 wrote:
> Wow then i bow at your humble feet and pray that one day i shall arise
> from newbie status to regular, just like you.

Woah, don't bow to me, I'm really not anywhere near that special. Just because I'm a regular it doesn't mean that some newbies aren't better and more intelligent than I am, and some of them have even won more GAD's than me (How'd you manage to get 4 before becoming a regular???).

You have actually been here longer than me, but just haven't posted as much stuff.

And I've never, ever posted a new topic that has lasted this long.

Bow to me? I, my friend, should be bowing to you.
Tue 15/04/03 at 13:03
Regular
i agree, violence is necessary. how can you have games like medal of honor or kingpin without violence in them? world war 2 was violent, so therefore the game has to be to be realistic.

the only other option is to only have games with fluffy cute lickle bunny wabbits in them, or stuff like crash bandicoot, mario etc.

these are good, but after a while all you want is some grade A sadism, which is where games like vice city and soldier of fortune come in.

I think people should stop whinging about violence in games, no-one forces them to play them, so why stop other people from playing them?
Tue 15/04/03 at 12:55
Regular
"past,present&future"
I went on a chain saw killing spree after playing GTA Vice City.

Seriously, I don't really care about violence in games, it can be fun.

I think Mortal Kombat would have never been a success without it, cos the games are pretty weak without the gore (even with it actually).

Things like Eternal Darkness and Resident Evil series do manage to capture the atmosphere, blowing zombies apart limb from limb and realistically is integral to that experience.

Things like BMX XXX or whatever it was called, are just cheap and sensational.

Controversy over sex, violence and bad taste in games has always been there.
Mon 07/04/03 at 19:05
Regular
"I see you"
Nebuchan wrote:

> It wouldn't be here today if I hadn't resurected it ages ago. That
> was when my name had a 'fan' stuck on the end of it...and i was a
> newbie.

Wow then i bow at your humble feet and pray that one day i shall arise from newbie status to regular, just like you.
Sun 06/04/03 at 18:24
Regular
"Party Hard"
machine1 wrote:
> Wow i can't believe people are still actually posting here after i
> posted it about 4 months ago. *stands on the podium, to give a speach*
> 'I'd like to thank all the people who have posted here and for your
> idea's and contributions. Keep up the good work'

It wouldn't be here today if I hadn't resurected it ages ago. That was when my name had a 'fan' stuck on the end of it...and i was a newbie.
Sun 06/04/03 at 14:52
Regular
"I see you"
Wow i can't believe people are still actually posting here after i posted it about 4 months ago. *stands on the podium, to give a speach* 'I'd like to thank all the people who have posted here and for your idea's and contributions. Keep up the good work'

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.