GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Violence in Games"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 18/12/02 at 10:52
Regular
I know this is in the wrong forum, but i could not post it in the one i wanted cos i'm a newbie. Anyway i'd like to know what peoples views are on the violence and adult content in the games that are around now. My belief is that if they continue going the way they are going in the next few years we're going to have some seriously sick games on the market, this is not a complaint though the point i'm trying to get through is that most of the violence today is blamed on computer games. It only takes one irresponsible teen to do something stupid then their parents blame it on the computer games industry but it's probably that the child is very sick in the head. Personally iv'e never played on a computer game then gone and shot somebody.

"why buy the cow when you can get the sex for free"
Wed 06/08/03 at 13:42
Regular
"Chris Morris"
yeah, looks like it
Wed 06/08/03 at 13:41
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
...but I want to have a go at Morius again!
Wed 06/08/03 at 13:35
Regular
"Chris Morris"
Unbeliever wrote:
> No-one said they were.

what do you think this topic is? Have a go at Morius again? no, its about weather or not you think games are too violant! I would have thought that was obvius but...
Wed 06/08/03 at 13:33
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
No-one said they were.
Wed 06/08/03 at 13:31
Regular
"Chris Morris"
Morius wrote:
> Well origanally my point was that games aren't too violant...
Wed 06/08/03 at 13:30
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
C'mon! Answer the question.

What is your point?
Wed 06/08/03 at 13:25
Regular
"Chris Morris"
Well origanally my point was that games aren't too violant but Unbeliver had to come and complicate things and now I dont know what the hell my point is!
Wed 06/08/03 at 12:59
Regular
"Festivus!"
ah...Good qyuestion... what is his point?
Wed 06/08/03 at 12:55
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
Nah...I was talking to Morius.
Wed 06/08/03 at 12:51
Regular
"Festivus!"
Unbeliever wrote:
> What exactly is your point?

If you're talking to me, my point is that just about all games have violence in, just some are more subtle and colourful than others.

Give Mario a gun instead of a backpack, and make it gloomy instead of colourful, add a few red pixels, and whgat have you got? The next game that's in the daily mail.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.