GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Violence in Games"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 18/12/02 at 10:52
Regular
I know this is in the wrong forum, but i could not post it in the one i wanted cos i'm a newbie. Anyway i'd like to know what peoples views are on the violence and adult content in the games that are around now. My belief is that if they continue going the way they are going in the next few years we're going to have some seriously sick games on the market, this is not a complaint though the point i'm trying to get through is that most of the violence today is blamed on computer games. It only takes one irresponsible teen to do something stupid then their parents blame it on the computer games industry but it's probably that the child is very sick in the head. Personally iv'e never played on a computer game then gone and shot somebody.

"why buy the cow when you can get the sex for free"
Sun 09/11/03 at 11:42
Regular
cops stink wrote:
> If your mature enough, violence in games isn't a problem as it can be
> quite fun

That is exactly the point that needs to be driven home to parents. if your child is a raving looney that's got a single-digit IQ, don't lettem play. if you do, then it probably proves that they are like you in every way - an ar$e...

if that message was aired during the launch, then things might have been a little less confused...
Thu 30/10/03 at 18:02
Regular
I'm getting an idea that maybe you're a fan of vice city. I won the xbox GTA pack as a GAD and within a few weeks screams of pain and gunshots will be pumping out of my room once again.
Thu 30/10/03 at 18:00
Regular
"God bless video gam"
Bora† SagdiyeV wrote:
> Lindgren wrote:
> Bora† SagdiyeV wrote:
> games need mOre violence
>
> Why?
>
> A) I suppose the scientific answer is that we all have inbuilt
> blood-lust left over from our primal savage days, and it has to have
> an outlet somewhere.
>
> B) The non-scientific answer is I get a strange taboo sense of power
> killing half the police force in a city, and having no regard for
> human life.
>
> It's great.
>
> And as I've mentioned in another thread, people always point and say
> "that guy's sick", but GTA Vice city is one of the best
> selling games ever, which reinforces A)
>
> oh yeah, and red is my favourite colour :D

I totally agree about GTA Vice City!
Thu 30/10/03 at 17:59
Regular
"God bless video gam"
If your mature enough, violence in games isn't a problem as it can be quite fun

Violence + Fun = GTA Vice City
Correct or Incorrect
Sun 17/08/03 at 14:58
Regular
Lindgren wrote:
> Bora† SagdiyeV wrote:
>
> Why?

A) I suppose the scientific answer is that we all have inbuilt blood-lust left over from our primal savage days, and it has to have an outlet somewhere.

B) The non-scientific answer is I get a strange taboo sense of power killing half the police force in a city, and having no regard for human life.

It's great.

And as I've mentioned in another thread, people always point and say "that guy's sick", but GTA Vice city is one of the best selling games ever, which reinforces A)

oh yeah, and red is my favourite colour :D
Sat 16/08/03 at 20:15
Regular
These arguments are so stupid. Each game sold has a rating on the back of it, stating the recommended age of the user - just like movies. If a parent chooses to supply a violent game to their child then it's their choice and no-one sat there forcing them to do it. If they do do it though, they're breaking the law just as they are by supplying an 18 movie to a 12 year old kid.

If a game is too violent or whatever, then it shouldn't be supplied. Supplying the game and then moaning about it even though plenty of warning was given is just idiotic.

"If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen" comes to mind.
Sat 16/08/03 at 19:21
Regular
"Sure.Fine.Whatever."
Bora† SagdiyeV wrote:

Why?
Fri 15/08/03 at 19:42
Regular
"Party Hard"
Bora† SagdiyeV wrote:

It's not that games need more violence, its that you need to be more violent when playing games.

See that old lady on GTA:VC? Don't simply shoot her, run up to her with a hammer, screaming like a looney, and whack her round the noggin'. Then, when she tries to get up and flee, kick her back on the floor and smack her with a golf club. Should she survive that, then beat her to death with a screwdriver and run over her remains to make sure you've done the job. When the cops arrive, gun down everyone you see.

I disturb myself sometimes.
Sat 09/08/03 at 11:21
Regular
games need mOre violence
Wed 06/08/03 at 14:10
Regular
"Festivus!"
Just abut all games have vioence, from pikmin to postal...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.