GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"You wanna now more about Islam,, ask what do you want "

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 12/11/10 at 22:44
Regular
Hi all
Many here do not know much about Islam
Or misunderstood
So I opened this topic for all to ask what they want about Islam and I'll answer
Mon 15/11/10 at 19:49
Regular
"eat toast!"
Edgy wrote:
Who's gonna be first to point out that quoting religious texts on an internet forum rarely has the result the quoter intends?

If anything, it allows everyone else to point out contradictions and flaws based on other sources (science, religion, makeitupasyougoalongeum) and the flame wars commence again...

ah yes, was this with forest fan? Ah good times.

Me? religon has never been a big part of my life. Never worshipped a religon and being not too religious has made me a more tolerant person.

why? because i hate all religons equally. yes even the jedi religon.

But seriously, to me, its not what you are in the mind, what matters is what you are at heart. Or less abstractly put, i care about a persons actions and not his beliefs. But that said, what you believe is what sometimes determines your actions like white supremists or muslim extremists. I don't brand every christian as hate mongering people, i don't brand every muslim as a suicide bomber. No i hate the ignorance that religon brings and ignoring the good messages of caring for other people.

I could open a big can worms by asking what is the chosen faith to choose etc, but that would be terrible and i don't have time to argue it.
Mon 15/11/10 at 19:37
Regular
why you dont believe in god ??
Mon 15/11/10 at 19:21
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Oussama_Mer wrote:
of corse you will suffer not me
I do not like the suffering for the people

Then at the end of the day....who cares? If you care about 'suffering' don't bat on about religion then ... whose ever religion ...religions are all the same..'bigots' ...by its very definition all 'religion/belief' is guilty and has been used throughout the centuries as an excuse for inflicting terrible suffering on all peoples by others, who supposedly were 'enlightened' :¬D

p.s. This does seem like 'flame wars' :¬/
Mon 15/11/10 at 19:02
Regular
Numnut wrote:
HighflyerVII wrote:
[i]I think Agnostic Atheism is a slight bit different of a thought than the two seperately. I would personally say that Agnostic Atheism is the thought that although there may be a higher power, I completely fail to believe so until actual "proof" is shown.

That makes sense really - it just sounded a bit odd with the two words together taken literally..... It still sounds a bit like agnosticism to me though......

@Oussama_Mer - It's really nice you love your religion and that it makes you happy.

What makes me (and a lot of other people) happy is not believing in any particular religion, and just getting on with things.

Let's face it, at the end of the day if we're the ones who are wrong, it's us that will suffer not you![/i]
of corse you will suffer not me
I do not like the suffering for the people
Mon 15/11/10 at 15:59
Regular
"How Ironic"
Numnut wrote:
Sonic Chris wrote:

[i]I myself am an agnostic atheist, and couldn't give one to what people believe.

Can you be both?

I always thought Agnostic means you don't subscribe to any particular faith, but you do believe in 'something' whereas being an atheist means you do not believe in a god/divine being of any sort.

I may be wrong, but surely being both is a bit of a contradiction?[/i]

An agnostic athiest doesn't know if there is a god, and doesn't believe in one. What you've described is Agnostic Theism, which is the exact opposite ;)
Mon 15/11/10 at 13:48
"possibly impossible"
Sibs wrote:
Alfoncy wrote:
[i]Oussama_Mer wrote:
[i]Alfoncy wrote:
[i]What does the Qur'an say about non-believers?

when they die they will burn in hell[/i]

Do you consider that to be fair assuming belief isn't a choice?[/i]

Note that this is also what the Bible says...
(Just making sure Islam isn't 'unfairly' singled out for condemning non-believers / sinners / etc to an eternity of torture and nastiness)

If a God does exist I believe his/her view of humanity would probably be summed up something like the song 'Letter from God to Man' by Dan le Sac vs Scroobius Pip.[/i]

The Old Testament certainly does, the New Testament less so. If you read John then it seems that entrance requirements for 'being born again' are simply not doing evil deeds. Getting in to Heaven itself is more a case of belief in Jesus according to Nicodemus though, but it does raise the question 'what about people who have never even heard of Jesus but have lived good lives?'

The main problem with all these texts is that (if you believe their origins are true) they are simply sound-bites put together and loosely translated.

Interestingly the Catholic Mass is going through some changes as they re-translate the Biblical texts and certain elements change quite a bit.

I see belief in a religion as separate from total belief in a religious text and/or organised religious rules that have come from a human source.
Mon 15/11/10 at 13:09
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
Lack of understanding and media stupidity I suspect Garin.

The term atheist has been over used in the wrong context ("I'm not religious = atheist" sort of thing, or "i don't believe in a god =" etc).

We had a big debate on it a while ago (I can't find the thread now >_<) and I researched it pretty thoroughly at the time and explained what I found.

Very interesting to find out that there are religious atheists. They genuinely are accepted as that, as they do not believe in a deity but rather a religious view. 0_o Look at the wiki for it.

Seems Buddhist athiests have the most valid claim to be called that term (as their isn't a deity really anyway).
Mon 15/11/10 at 13:04
Staff
"Look! There's a..."
HighflyerVII wrote:
I think Agnostic Atheism is a slight bit different of a thought than the two seperately. I would personally say that Agnostic Atheism is the thought that although there may be a higher power, I completely fail to believe so until actual "proof" is shown.

That makes sense really - it just sounded a bit odd with the two words together taken literally..... It still sounds a bit like agnosticism to me though......

@Oussama_Mer - It's really nice you love your religion and that it makes you happy.

What makes me (and a lot of other people) happy is not believing in any particular religion, and just getting on with things.

Let's face it, at the end of the day if we're the ones who are wrong, it's us that will suffer not you!
Mon 15/11/10 at 13:03
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
Numnut wrote:
I always thought Agnostic means you don't subscribe to any particular faith, but you do believe in 'something' whereas being an atheist means you do not believe in a god/divine being of any sort.

I may be wrong, but surely being both is a bit of a contradiction?

One is about belief and the other is about knowledge. So they arent mutually exclusive. Still, its always seemed like a strange phrase to me, almost like an over qualification. Usage seems to be on the increase though, I cant help but wonder why. I suspect religion.
Mon 15/11/10 at 12:10
Regular
Who's gonna be first to point out that quoting religious texts on an internet forum rarely has the result the quoter intends?

If anything, it allows everyone else to point out contradictions and flaws based on other sources (science, religion, makeitupasyougoalongeum) and the flame wars commence again...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.