GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"You wanna now more about Islam,, ask what do you want "

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 12/11/10 at 22:44
Regular
Hi all
Many here do not know much about Islam
Or misunderstood
So I opened this topic for all to ask what they want about Islam and I'll answer
Wed 17/11/10 at 09:42
Regular
"Tip The Scales"
...but there are only 8 "planets" in this solar system, aren't there? I thought the rest were classified as planetoids?
Wed 17/11/10 at 09:04
Regular
Torino wrote:
To be honest I haven't got a clue about what the Koran says as I've never looked into it. All I know is that Science makes sense to me.

I also think that religion revolves around a lot of misconceptions and is a tool used to gain control over people by using heaven and hell to scare people into obedience.

What I'm about to say may seem far fetched but I'll say it anyway. 2000 years ago people didn't understand Space, and I think maybe the Sun and Moon could possibly be have been seen as Heaven and Hell.

If you look at the basic concepts of these two 'places', Heaven is a place supposedly surrounded by clouds and has a very calm pleasant atmosphere, and Hell is described as a firey pit. Sounds like a possible description of the Sun and Moon to me.

In those 'dark ages' isn't it entirely possible that people simply misinterpreted things around them and saw them as much more than they actually were?

A very farfetched opinion I grant you, but is it really anymore strange than believing in some higher being creating us all?

I respect your opinion Oussama and hopefully you will respect mine, and I will look at any opinions you post on here, but I just don't want to turn this into a big argument so I think it's best we just agree to disagree at this stage eh?

:)

so this is a story from Quran

Joseph brothers and the number of planets

s there a scientific miracle in the story of our master Joseph, peace be upon him, concerning the number of planets in the solar system? And is it true that there are only eleven planets?…

An alleged miracle had spread lately about the number of the planets in the solar system and that the Quran had pointed out to it in His, the Almighty, speech on the tongue of our master Joseph, peace be upon him: "O my father! Verily, I saw (in a dream) eleven stars and the sun and the moon - I saw them prostrating themselves to me." (Yusuf: 4). so what is the fact behind this matter?

I say my brothers and sisters that some people rush in giving the word "miracle" on any phenomenon that he sees or believes, and the believer is wise and clever and he has to make sure of the truth of the information before spreading or believing it. The noble verse is not necessarily pointing the number of planets in the solar system as our master Joseph saw eleven planets and Allah, the Almighty, had not informed us that there are no planets except eleven in our solar system; rather, these planets are symbols for the brothers of our master Joseph, peace be upon him.

One of the western scientists who deeply studied the Universe and Galaxies, and after doing statistical study for the number of galaxies and stars in the Universe and with the probability of the presence of other planets outside the solar system: the number of planets in the Universe that are similar to our planet is more than the number of stars in our galaxy, even there are thousands of billions or may be more!!

Therefore, we can not limit the number of planets to eleven only, as the number of planets rotating around the sun is ten including the earth, and if we exclude the earth we find it nine, and may be the scientists will discover other planets in the solar system because we are unable yet to move out of the borders of the solar system.

This is the solar system that Allah had estimated for us, and it is composed of the sun and ten major planets in addition to number of moons rotating around them, thousands of asteroids, millions of stones that navigate around the sun in a controlled system, where there is no collisions, disorder or troubles, but rather an estimated system that shows the ability of the Creator, all praises to Him.

And therefore, our information remains little, even if the scientists discovered that the number of the planets in the solar system is eleven, this does not invite us to say that the Quran specified this number before 14 centuries as the scientists may discover more planets, and we can give the following advices:

1. The noble verse " I saw (in a dream) eleven stars" does not talk about the number of the planets but it talk about the number of Joseph brothers, and the planet is a symbol for the brother in the dream, while the number 11 symbolizes the number of Joseph brothers. And dreams come symbolized or coded as we know.

2. The number of planets rotating around the sun is unknown, we have known 10 of it and the scientists are still discovering more. And there are billions of planets spread in the universe and the number is not limited to eleven.

3. Any information should be clarified before spreading it through the internet as a response to His speech, all praises to Him: “So ask the people of the Reminder if you do not know.” (7: Al Anbiya'a). Because we do not want the scientific miracles in the Quran to be an entrance for the suspicious and disbelievers to criticize this great religion.
Tue 16/11/10 at 21:21
Regular
"Zebra Three 537-ONN"
To be honest I haven't got a clue about what the Koran says as I've never looked into it. All I know is that Science makes sense to me.

I also think that religion revolves around a lot of misconceptions and is a tool used to gain control over people by using heaven and hell to scare people into obedience.

What I'm about to say may seem far fetched but I'll say it anyway. 2000 years ago people didn't understand Space, and I think maybe the Sun and Moon could possibly be have been seen as Heaven and Hell.

If you look at the basic concepts of these two 'places', Heaven is a place supposedly surrounded by clouds and has a very calm pleasant atmosphere, and Hell is described as a firey pit. Sounds like a possible description of the Sun and Moon to me.

In those 'dark ages' isn't it entirely possible that people simply misinterpreted things around them and saw them as much more than they actually were?

A very farfetched opinion I grant you, but is it really anymore strange than believing in some higher being creating us all?

I respect your opinion Oussama and hopefully you will respect mine, and I will look at any opinions you post on here, but I just don't want to turn this into a big argument so I think it's best we just agree to disagree at this stage eh?

:)
Tue 16/11/10 at 20:55
Regular
Dragonlance wrote:
Oussama_Mer wrote:
[i]I mean, some of the discoveries of modern
Dla was by my father's age in the Koran more than 1400 years

So, what you are saying is that your father is at least 1400 years old....?[/i]
oh ohoh sorry its a rong in tanslate
im so sorry
Tue 16/11/10 at 20:54
Regular
Dragonlance wrote:
Oussama_Mer wrote:
[i]I mean, some of the discoveries of modern

So, what you are saying is that your father is at least 1400 years old....?[/i]
sorry its wrong it edited now
Tue 16/11/10 at 20:45
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Oussama_Mer wrote:
I mean, some of the discoveries of modern

So, what you are saying is that your father is at least 1400 years old....?
Tue 16/11/10 at 20:35
Regular
Torino wrote:
Oussama_Mer wrote:
[i]And How do you explain according to the latest discoveries of science in the Quran which descended 1400 years ago?

To be honest I don't fully understand what you mean by this sentence. Maybe you could elaborate a little bit?[/i]
I mean, some of the discoveries of modern
Stated in the Qur'an 1400 years ago
Tue 16/11/10 at 19:09
Regular
"Zebra Three 537-ONN"
Oussama_Mer wrote:
And How do you explain according to the latest discoveries of science in the Quran which descended 1400 years ago?

To be honest I don't fully understand what you mean by this sentence. Maybe you could elaborate a little bit?
Tue 16/11/10 at 16:37
Regular
Nin wrote:
Alfoncy wrote:
[i]That's quite a strange question. It's like asking someone why they don't believe in ghosts, or aliens.

Nope, ghosts and aliens are far more credible than the existence of some magicman in the sky who created everything

That's your personal belief. I was referring to the lack of conclusive evidence regarding all three.
Tue 16/11/10 at 15:37
Regular
"Monochromatic"
pb wrote:
Like Government? ;)

I sense you're not being serious but just incase, different thing. We elect them to uphold our choices and we can get rid of them. I'm also fairly confident that no-one thinks "What would the government do" when they're faced with a problem.

Technically Christianity shouldn't be like that anyway, but the notion of Free Will is forgotten by many, thanks in part to the Church and organised religion. Boiled down it's just a set of morals to adhere to, the same as there are morals and laws to adhere to in everyday life.

But that's not to say everyone should believe in a deity, I don't think these people forcing religion down everyone's throats are doing any good to their respective religion at all.

That's the nature of the beast. The moment it becomes more than 1 person saying "This is what I believe" is the moment it becomes exclusive to outsiders and turns into "Us and them". The world would be so much more peaceful without the organised attempts to recruit people to a certain way of thinking. We certainly wouldn't be having this conversation.
I just find the whole notion of recruiting offensive. I was bought up on bible stories, I have some awareness of catholicism, hinduism, islam, judaism and I rejected them all a long time ago because, despite getting the message, I see them as nothing more than fantastical stories. I don't like that I have to keep defending that choice to reject them and for what it's worth, I don't think that you as a catholic should have to defend your beliefs against atheists and other religions either. Personal private beliefs are where it's at and we should all just live and let live but the damn churches, in their need for survival, foster this idea of recruitment and it causes nothing but trouble.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.