GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I'm quite shocked, to say the least."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 11/08/01 at 02:43
Regular
After a lengthy conversation with a rather disappointed Turbonutter or MSN, I have come to say Grix, get lost.

Who are you to make someone feel bad about themself?? What gives you the right to put someone else down?? Is it the fact that you have a shiny yellow name?? Or the fact that you have a massive following because your usual post is well written, witty and has a yellow name beside it??

Well, just to let you know, what you did was well out of order. Turbonutter is one of the best posters on this site and for you, a notable, to make him feel unwelcome and consider not coming back onto these forums is not on. If there was a problem with Turbonutter, I'm quite sure Tony, Ali, or any other member of staff would be quite capable of sorting it out, it has nothing to do with your personal opinion, or your Grand-dad approach to the forum, in future, it would be appreciated if your personal vendetas are directed to the SR staff in e-mails or using the report this post link, not on the forums.

Cheers.
Sat 11/08/01 at 21:04
Regular
"( . ) ( . )"
I used to think that everyone was scared of Grix but I guess that I was wrong. Then again, the mere fact that I'm listening to Come As You Are by Nirvana may explain that.
Sat 11/08/01 at 20:42
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Am I the only one that thinks this is turning into a mountain out of a molehill?

*shakes head*

Ah well
Sat 11/08/01 at 19:50
IT is about not what Girx is usually like but what he said to TBN then.
Sat 11/08/01 at 18:27
Regular
This isn't another popularity contest, this is my opinion on what Grix said in comments towards Turbo, and as I said, he usually does post good, witty comments.
Sat 11/08/01 at 18:26
Regular
"I like cheese"
Hmmmmmm...

I know Grix well (I think,) and he certainly isn't the sort of person who enjoys making people feel bad about themselves.

Everytime I've come on MSN feeling depressed and sad, he's always there to talk to me about it.

I do get the feeling that sometimes Grix can be a little harsh on TBN, and if this is about the Grix's Brain post about the evolution of the forums, then I can see why TBN is upset.

I'm a good friend of TBN's as well. As we share views on many things, I get the feeling he may be a little like me personality-wise. I would feel very bad if someone wrote that about me, but I wouldn't if it was Grix, as I know he's only joking.

Obviously, TBN hasn't been as long as me, and doesn't know Grix as much. Just ignore the comments TBN, or laugh at them. Or reply back with a juicy insult, such as calling him 'gay' like I did one night. :D

I hope this sorts a few things out.
Sat 11/08/01 at 18:19
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
That's OK, it's best you not get involved.
Sat 11/08/01 at 18:17
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
Grix is cool. He may have a wild imagination that takes the rest of us a while to catch up with, but there isn't much about him to hate!

There is a reason why he has such a backing on these forums... he's a nice lad, a good poster, and quite funny when he wants to be.

And NO! I'm not sucking up, but sticking up, for someone I would class as a friend.

Not that I don't like Turbo.

Game
Sat 11/08/01 at 18:15
Regular
"|8-- )I'm gone |8--"
Yea,but its to late now. There's already a clan of people against noteables. The sides have been decided against anyones will.

I just need to stay out because there are sides now and i cant go against Grix for how he helped me.
Sat 11/08/01 at 18:06
Regular
Whats all this about taking sides and jumping on bandwagons??

This is not a war, this is me simply stating my view on something Grix did, people taking sides and splitting the forums down the middle doesn't help anyone. But neither does firing pety "I'm much better than you insults" at people.
Sat 11/08/01 at 18:03
Regular
"|8-- )I'm gone |8--"
I dunno why grix did this but I honestly dont know who to back. See,TBN and bonus are my mates,but when i was really down,and thinking of killing myself,Grix was there for me on MSN,he talked me out of it and for that i am very grateful.

I admit,What he said was stupid,but i would feel bad going up against him, and for that reason,Khazar will not take a side. Sorry bonus.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.