GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I'm quite shocked, to say the least."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 11/08/01 at 02:43
Regular
After a lengthy conversation with a rather disappointed Turbonutter or MSN, I have come to say Grix, get lost.

Who are you to make someone feel bad about themself?? What gives you the right to put someone else down?? Is it the fact that you have a shiny yellow name?? Or the fact that you have a massive following because your usual post is well written, witty and has a yellow name beside it??

Well, just to let you know, what you did was well out of order. Turbonutter is one of the best posters on this site and for you, a notable, to make him feel unwelcome and consider not coming back onto these forums is not on. If there was a problem with Turbonutter, I'm quite sure Tony, Ali, or any other member of staff would be quite capable of sorting it out, it has nothing to do with your personal opinion, or your Grand-dad approach to the forum, in future, it would be appreciated if your personal vendetas are directed to the SR staff in e-mails or using the report this post link, not on the forums.

Cheers.
Sat 11/08/01 at 17:49
Regular
has grix even been here today?
Sat 11/08/01 at 17:43
Regular
This is nothing to do with a personality clash, but everything to do with Turbonutter being made to feel bad about himself, no one has the right to do that to anyone else, and to pass Grix' actions off as a personality clash is a compromise. If he had a problem, a constructive criticism is in order, or a complaint to someone with the responsibility to deal with it properly, not mouthing off and saying whatever he feels like.
Sat 11/08/01 at 15:24
Regular
"( . ) ( . )"
Well Done Bonus. On many occassions, I would have liked to stand up to Grix but you were the only one with the b*lls to do it. Personally, it wouldn't bother me 1 bit if Grix was banned as he was picking on my friend, Turbonutter. I know what it's like to experience this as I've almost been expelled for physical violence for being pushed too far over the edge.

DOWN WITH GRIX.
Sat 11/08/01 at 15:10
Why do you say cheese so much? Ah well you are right BTW. (:)
Sat 11/08/01 at 15:03
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Hmmm

Well I to be honest I like everyone on the forums and hope it is the same way towards me :).

I read Turbonutter's post the other day, Grix was to say the least harsh over it but I feel was also a tad right. That story was insanity at its best, I didn't really know what I was reading but did sound a bit flattering to ones self.

The way to deal with Grix is to tackle him head on like me :D. Annoy him everyday on MSN, wear down his paitence and keep talking to him about Radiohead. Best is to annoy him when he is making his animations :D.

I've got nothing against Turbonutter just have different views on his opinions. I prefer the rare chats on MSN I have with him.

So emmm

Personalty clashes do happen :)

Cheese
Sat 11/08/01 at 13:11
Of course there are going to be persoanlity clashes on here. A part of life.
Sat 11/08/01 at 13:06
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
Grix is Grix... most people live in the delusion that he owns SR and that he is some sort of super-human-god-thingy... believe me, i've never met him but I guarantee you he has had his fair share of trials and tribulations!

He maybe Welsh, but he's still human and like the rest of us prone to getting a little 'racked off'.

Turbonutter being Turbonutter may have started blasting off a load of facts and opinions that just annoyed Grix. Turbonutter may not be a maths genius, but he knows a bit about computers and Playstations etc...

Turbonutter is more of a Sciency person and Grix is more of an Arty person...

Grix seems to be driven by imagination, dreams, motives and morals... Turbonutter is made of loads of wires that are made of 0.18 micron cable thingys... (PS2... lol)

It's just a clash of personality...

TBN has annoyed me in the past and i'm sure i've annoyed a lot of you... just let it rest... It'll blow over!

The worst thingy TBN can do is take offence... just because one person doesn't like you doesn't mean to say you don't have any friends on the forums...

what doesn't kill you can only make you stronger...

Game: Recently fired from Psycology practice...
Sat 11/08/01 at 12:53
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
Oh dear, what's going on here then...

I wouldn't worry, everyone falls out now and again...

I wrote a story aobut Any and Er-No and little did I know they've become two of the coolest people here!

Turbo must need a little more time to settle in and take his placein the SR Hierachy.

I wouldn't have said there was a Hierachy once you've been here for a while! Everyone as equals etc, but well....
Sat 11/08/01 at 12:52
I hope I get votes...
Sat 11/08/01 at 12:39
Regular
"qwertyuiop!!"
Are any of you lot going to vote for me in 8 days??

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.