GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Import Gamers Thread"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 19/04/04 at 12:03
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
I figured seeing as there seems to be a fair few people into importing like myself around here that we should have our own thread to talk about the latest American and Japanese releases and also to have a bit of a laugh at the European gamers and feel superior with our access to better games :-D

So lets get talking about the latest games coming out overseas
Tue 29/06/04 at 23:35
"period drama"
Where can I buy a flip-top lid + boot disc from then?
Tue 29/06/04 at 18:15
Regular
"Arghh Me Heel"
dante son of sparda wrote:
> Do u people have a chipped ps2 or something then because I have heard
> that if you chip your ps2 it has a shorter life span.

This has absoluetly nothing to do with import gaming. We have the exact same Ps2 as you.
The diffrence is that we import them from other countries, like or America and get games that the Uk does'nt get e.g Front Mission 4.
I get my games cheaper aswell, i get my games from [URL]www.importmadness.com[/URL]

Hope that helps :D
Tue 29/06/04 at 14:08
Regular
"Jackpot!"
Do u people have a chipped ps2 or something then because I have heard that if you chip your ps2 it has a shorter life span.
Mon 28/06/04 at 21:35
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Does it still have the annoying feature of almost all survival horror games, which is the fact every door seems to be locked apart from one leading you along a very linear path?

Anyway good to see you back Bleeders
Sun 27/06/04 at 20:21
Regular
"Profit of Doom"
My latest imports are:

Espgaluda - Excellent shmup from those diamond geezers at Cave. Forget Treasure. These guys know their onions from their oranges. Stylistic character design, frantic on-screen action and scope to rack up some hugely impressive hits.

Silent Hill 4: The Room - Completely import-friendly due to the addition of an English-language option. Typical Silent Hill fodder. Haunting aesthetics, disturbing sound-effects and a tighter control-system.
Fri 18/06/04 at 12:51
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
The Ghost In The Shell: Stand Alone Complex uses a system a little bit like that. You can take control of an enemy soldier for a little bit of time so for instance you can take control of the enemy sniper and start picking off his mates while you're happily out of the action. Quite a nice feature that. Seems like the mind control thing is the in-thing at the moment after Forbidden Siren had the sight jack
Thu 17/06/04 at 21:39
Regular
"Arghh Me Heel"
I thought i would revive this out of interest.
I don't know if this game is out or not, but it looks very good, PSY OPS it is called. You can take control of peoples mind and use extraordinary powers. Looks good, it is kind of a metal gear solid type game.
Sun 16/05/04 at 12:32
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Never say the PS2 doesn't have innovative titles again. Just checked out Magic Pengel: The Quest for Color and it's a very interesting looking original game. It's basically a monster battling game but the twist here is you create your own character. You start off on a drawing pad and draw a design and it then comes to life as a 3D monster. After that you have to go around and collect different things for him like the arms and legs and everything else which opens up more fighting moves and attacks.

I'm definitly looking into getting it, very different and looks alot of fun and the replay value could be massive as no 2 monsters you create should be the same
Wed 12/05/04 at 20:27
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
What interests me most about that is a kind of evolution on the sight jack feature of Siren where you can actually control an enemy and make him kill his own team
Wed 12/05/04 at 20:13
Regular
"America, _ yeah!!"
ghost in the shell is a top quality game.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.