GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Import Gamers Thread"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 19/04/04 at 12:03
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
I figured seeing as there seems to be a fair few people into importing like myself around here that we should have our own thread to talk about the latest American and Japanese releases and also to have a bit of a laugh at the European gamers and feel superior with our access to better games :-D

So lets get talking about the latest games coming out overseas
Mon 19/04/04 at 12:35
Regular
"Profit of Doom"
Like shmups, I think these type of games seem to do extremely well in Japan. It's the skill factor I think that keeps gamers coming back.
Mon 19/04/04 at 12:28
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Most games are like that though i've found, the simpler the game is the more addictive it is. I mean just look at Tetris, there's hardly anything mindblowing about it, you're just dropping blocks trying to form lines with them yet it keeps you going and going for ages. The Japanese i think are the best at games like these. Although i'm not too sure whether or not to get that game because i spend enough time gaming as it is and already adddicted to Disgaea (add La Pucelle Tactics to the list when that comes out next month) so i don't really need another one, i need a social life sometimes :-D

*goes to check it out*
Mon 19/04/04 at 12:24
Regular
"Profit of Doom"
lalakersrule wrote:
> One of those quirky japanese games that somehow get you to spend hours
> on it? I know what they're like :-D

Absolutey. Fairly simple premise, but utterly addictive.
Mon 19/04/04 at 12:20
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
One of those quirky japanese games that somehow get you to spend hours on it? I know what they're like :-D
Mon 19/04/04 at 12:19
Regular
"Profit of Doom"
Katamari Damacy by Namco.

Basically, the object of this game is to navigate your ball around various levels collecting rubbish. Your goal is to collect as much rubbish as possible, which has to meet the requirement of that particular level. This is measured in how big the ball has to be before finding your way to the goal and progressing onto the next stage.

Now, you can't pick bigger objects like staplers up straight away, you have to build the ball up with smaller items before you can pick up the bigger objects. It's a different premise that's for sure, but make no mistake. This. Game. Is. Addictive.
Mon 19/04/04 at 12:03
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
I figured seeing as there seems to be a fair few people into importing like myself around here that we should have our own thread to talk about the latest American and Japanese releases and also to have a bit of a laugh at the European gamers and feel superior with our access to better games :-D

So lets get talking about the latest games coming out overseas

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.