GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Import Gamers Thread"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 19/04/04 at 12:03
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
I figured seeing as there seems to be a fair few people into importing like myself around here that we should have our own thread to talk about the latest American and Japanese releases and also to have a bit of a laugh at the European gamers and feel superior with our access to better games :-D

So lets get talking about the latest games coming out overseas
Thu 22/04/04 at 12:38
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Bleeders wrote:

> Mine plays some of the time. She loves Animal Crossing and Harvest
> Moon. She wants to learn how to play PES3, but I refuse to teach her
> for fear of her beating me. ;-D

Hehe the number one fear of male gamers that (although mine at the moment is losing my 850 hour save of Disgaea)

What's animal crossing like?
Thu 22/04/04 at 12:40
Regular
"Profit of Doom"
lalakersrule wrote:
> Bleeders wrote:
>
> Mine plays some of the time. She loves Animal Crossing and Harvest
> Moon. She wants to learn how to play PES3, but I refuse to teach her
> for fear of her beating me. ;-D
>
>
> Hehe the number one fear of male gamers that (although mine at the
> moment is losing my 850 hour save of Disgaea)
>
> What's animal crossing like?

Addictive mate. Paying off your mortgage has been so much fun. Probably.
Thu 22/04/04 at 12:41
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
That's all i need another addictive game :-D

What's the basic premise of it?
Thu 22/04/04 at 12:48
Regular
"Profit of Doom"
lalakersrule wrote:
> That's all i need another addictive game :-D
>
> What's the basic premise of it?

Well, I guess it's a life-sim of sorts. Imagine The Sims, but actually fun to play.

You create your character and you name your town. You find somewhere to live and you see Tom Nook and he sells you a house, then you start paying off your mortgage.

Paying off your mortgage can be done by selling items, uncovering rare artefacts etc. The possibilities are vast. Once your done paying off your mortgage, you can add to your home, which again, you pay Nook off for like the mortgage. Basically, how you might do it in real-life. TBH though, it's such a big game, so much to see and experience.
Thu 22/04/04 at 12:50
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
There was me thinking it was a game about getting animal safely across a busy road. :-D

Sounds quite interesting actually might have a mooch around the net and check out a few reviews. Has it had an American release or is it japanese only
Thu 22/04/04 at 13:11
Regular
"Profit of Doom"
lalakersrule wrote:
> There was me thinking it was a game about getting animal safely across
> a busy road. :-D
>
>
> Sounds quite interesting actually might have a mooch around the net
> and check out a few reviews. Has it had an American release or is it
> japanese only

Hehe. Nah mate, although the title is misleading.

Forgot to mention, it's on GameCube only. Worth getting though if you have an import-enabled GC.
Thu 22/04/04 at 13:14
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Ah well that's a quick way to stop my interest in it. I thought it was a gamecube game but then just thought it had gotten a PS2 release. Ah well i'll have to make do with the about 20 odd games i need to get on with :-D
Thu 22/04/04 at 13:18
Regular
"Profit of Doom"
lalakersrule wrote:
> Ah well that's a quick way to stop my interest in it. I thought it was
> a gamecube game but then just thought it had gotten a PS2 release. Ah
> well i'll have to make do with the about 20 odd games i need to get
> on with :-D

There is a Harvest Moon game on the PS2. Same sorta thing, but you maintain a farm and have to fall in love, get married etc.
Thu 22/04/04 at 13:21
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Yea i remember Harvest Moon from my SNES days but what with Biohazard Outbreak, Front Mission 4, Hitman Contracts, La Pucelle Tactics and generation of chaos IV coming in the next few days added onto the games i already am playing i really have got to just take a few months back from getting games, actually play the ones i have then start up again once Star Ocean 3 comes out
Thu 22/04/04 at 13:22
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
Bleeders wrote:
> again, you pay Nook off for like the mortgage.

This Nook guy's a big gangster by the sounds of it...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.