GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Import Gamers Thread"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 19/04/04 at 12:03
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
I figured seeing as there seems to be a fair few people into importing like myself around here that we should have our own thread to talk about the latest American and Japanese releases and also to have a bit of a laugh at the European gamers and feel superior with our access to better games :-D

So lets get talking about the latest games coming out overseas
Fri 16/07/04 at 14:37
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
I recently got my copy of HDloader and a 120Gb Samsung HDD - contrary to initial reports it IS possible to install import games on a PAL console without a modchip.

There are two ways - one requires having the flip-top to swap discs immediately prior to installation.

The other is to connect the HDD to a PC and use a proprietary program to install discs to it that way, before plugging it back into the PS2. Awkward, but with a 120gb drive you wouldn't have to do it very often, let's face it.
Fri 16/07/04 at 14:34
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
> It just looks pretty fun.
> Well, perhaps for about 10 minutes. I couldn't really see much beyond
> 'roll over stuff to pick it up'

You're talking about Katamari Damashii and it's one of the best games of the year, it's just wonderful to play. And the music ROCKS!

Remember things like Vib Ribbon came out in Europe but not in the US - we are not always the worst off. However Katamari may be too unusual for a release anywhere other than Japan.
Fri 16/07/04 at 12:04
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Not been updating as much as i should due to numerous thing of either me forgetting to do it, been busy with the games i have at the moment to worry about new games and most of my time being devoted to my new edited game of Champ Manager meaning i have a proper superleague now.

Anyway thought i'd mention this one hopefully coming out in August in America from my favourite developers, Nippon-Ichi Software, makers of Disgaea - Phantom Brave.

Another strategy RPG, which looks like Disgaea and La Pucelle but has some new interesting features. Instead of having party members you now have souls of people who died on the island you're on. Each map you send them to possess various items like trees, boxes or rocks which all have a differing affect on their attributes. Sounds like a nice new concept to the SRPG genre and really looking forward to it. What with this and Star Ocean 3 coming in August and also Winning Eleven 8 i'll be very busy
Sat 10/07/04 at 22:38
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
I think he meant Europe and yes i seriously doubt it'd get a European release. Like you say Americans always have a chance but saying that hopefully that 'Fresh' label will pick it up and release it over here as they released a couple of quirky japanese games over on Euro shores
Sat 10/07/04 at 19:39
"period drama"
"Over here" as in America, or "over here" as in England.
I know there's not a chance it'll get released in PAL places - but the Yanks alwaya have a chance.

It just looks pretty fun.
Well, perhaps for about 10 minutes. I couldn't really see much beyond 'roll over stuff to pick it up'
Fri 09/07/04 at 22:11
Regular
"Arghh Me Heel"
To answer your first question FFF, no. I dont think they will bring that game over here. I seen it a while ago and the sales figures were low. If there low there, then i dont think well be seeing it here :(
Fri 09/07/04 at 22:04
"period drama"
Yes, and it did come out on PSX.
Fri 09/07/04 at 20:59
Regular
"END OF AN ERA"
Does any1 remember the game Glover? It was supposed to come out on PSX, but in the end I had to get it off import.
Fri 09/07/04 at 18:49
"period drama"
You know that game (stupid Japanese name) - where you roll this ball around a city and everything you roll over gets stuck to the ball - trees, up to buildings.

Was that / is that going to be released outside Japan?
Mon 05/07/04 at 00:42
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Ok mate take care of yourself

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.