GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"San Andreas Missions Revealed - Hmmmm"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas'.
Mon 28/06/04 at 17:02
Regular
"Insert Gently"
There is some guy on Amazon who claims to have played it

From Amazon/Spike1x

I've worked with a friend from Rockstar, and I can tell you a mission, which is in San Andreas. The mission is called 'Reuniting the Families', and it tells of an arranged sit-down with all the heads of local gangs (e.g.the Ballas) in an effort to patch up their differences and avoid a war.

When the gang rolls up at the hotel which is to serve at the meeting place, Sweet enters as the OGF representative. All of a sudden a police chopper appears over the car park and cops begin to abseil down to the tarmac below, guns blazing. The remianing members of the OGF p u s s y out and leg it, leaving CJ to enter the hotel in a valiant attempt to save Sweet. Here we see some strident shotgun work, as within the building police continue to abseil down from balconies, trigger fingers blurring, hot lead fluming from their semi-automatic nozzlery.
This is all I am telling you.

Well...B o l l o c k s or wat
Wed 30/06/04 at 19:48
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Yup can just picture now all the bodies flying over tables, smacking into walls and bouncing back into the road to get run over again mwhahahahaha ........... me, a homicidal lunatic? only on weekends :-D
Wed 30/06/04 at 18:11
"period drama"
Achilles wrote:
> Ragdoll physics will take care of that :D

Indeed - this is thing I'm probably most excited about.
As long as they have an anti-grav cheat as well for when things get boring, I'll be happy.

With that, i don't think ploughing through a gaggle of townies will ever get boring.
Wed 30/06/04 at 16:46
Regular
"Insert Gently"
has there been any new updates, i havent had the time to check
Wed 30/06/04 at 16:31
Regular
"Arghh Me Heel"
Ragdoll physics will take care of that :D
Tue 29/06/04 at 23:21
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
Ginger Peni wrote:
> Don't tell me you never flipped the radio to Wildstyle

That's my least favourite radio station, according to my stats.

:)
Tue 29/06/04 at 23:12
Regular
Don't tell me you never flipped the radio to Wildstyle, heard a breakbeat and started doing the robot in your bedroom.....didn't you?...oh ummmm must be just me then...

Breakdance fighting is a must though. Oh and I wanna play dice and drink 40's with the 'home boys'.
Tue 29/06/04 at 23:09
"period drama"
Majorly major.

Let's get it ooooon, foo'
Tue 29/06/04 at 22:52
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
Ginger Peni wrote:
> I'd like to see more realism in the pedestrians reactions. They way
> you can run around blatantly holding a minigun and the pedestrians
> don't even bat an eyelid is just retarded.

Pedestrian AI is being vastly improved, apparently. They no longer just walk past while you kill someone, they will now try to intervene. Take a look at Driver 3 for an example, certain pedestrians will pull a gun on you if they see you attacking someone.

> Oh and one major thing they left out of Vice City which really hurt
> the game was breakdance fighting.

Major? Really?
Tue 29/06/04 at 22:46
Regular
I'd like to see more realism in the pedestrians reactions. They way you can run around blatantly holding a minigun and the pedestrians don't even bat an eyelid is just retarded. Maybe a suitcase to store rifles in like in Hitman Contracts would be cool.

Oh and one major thing they left out of Vice City which really hurt the game was breakdance fighting. I wanted to walk into the Malibu Club and square off against some B-Boys, but I couldn't which sucked. Shooting the Village People was a nice touch though, pity they were so brain dead though. You shoot people in the club and the one's still standing carry on dancing like nothing's happened.
Tue 29/06/04 at 22:14
"period drama"
Lou Role wrote:
> I understand where you're coming from, it does get quite annoying
> when you're in the middle of a gunfight and you have to stop to shoot
> with certain weapons.

Well, I didn't mean include that, obviously. That would suck.

While we're on it, they should let you run properly when holding a rocket launcher or flame thrower. It's stupid that you can store the weapon away (up your ass?) and run fine, but when you're actually carrying it you slow down.

Boring. And ditch the gay running stamina thing as well.

You know, I'm sure it the same guy that keeps coming up with these ideas. It's probably the owner of the company, swoops in, says "Hey guys - I've got a really good idea!"

Then everyone's like ".... yeah, cool ...."
And it gets in as no-one wants to get sacked.

>I just meant that the movement method you're
> suggesting is very mechanical, the way your character walks in the
> GTA games feels more fluid and less 'floaty'. If they could manage
> to implement that system but smooth it out, a lot, then that should
> be fine.

To be honest, floaty suits me fine as long as I can gun down whole gangs without the camera or a crappy aiming system making me die.
I'm taking Hitman 2 as a role model here, by the by.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.