GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The word "love"..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 12/05/05 at 15:24
Regular
"For One Night Only"
Love is just too complex to explain in words. Real love is wonderful, it's an emotion we all take for granted. Now, it's been said on here before that's it's over-used, and they were right. People can say that they love a nice cup of tea, but it doesn't make it true.

Back in October, my course did T.I.E and toured and performed to several secondary schools. We went to each school by minibus, and it was on one journey where I had a slight disagreement with the girl I like. I apologised, and she forgave me. I asked light-heartedly, "Do you still love me?". She replied with, "Love's a strong word, Hibernator". I thought about this, and now I stop over-using the word.

Meanwhile, over this last three weeks, the same girl has said she loves me two or three times. I'm not used to hearing the word directed at me apart from my mother or sister etc; and it honestly feels quite weird. While I don't take it to heart and think that it means something, it's made me question. I asked my friend Lucy yesterday if she loves her boyfriend, she said she didn't know, I comforted her with the "love's a strong word" malarchy. Then I told her I love her, and again felt awkward. I shouldn't, as it's just a word, but I do.

The point in this rant: You can say you love someone, and you can say someone is lovely... but they are two very different things.
Sat 14/05/05 at 14:55
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Celestine wrote:
> Memorandum! wrote:
> Celestine wrote:
> Being kind isn't as hard as being an ass
>
> I disagree.
> >
>
> Really? That's so sad, Mem. I think you just need more love.

I agree here Celest, I'm nothing but polite and well natured to people (possible quite naive at times, I like to thing no one will do me over) but telling somone "they need more love" is a sure fire way to get the hackles rising on the back of someones neck.
Sat 14/05/05 at 15:05
Regular
"bot"
Being polite is easy when it's to someone else who is equally polite, but I find it very difficult to be nice to people I don't like. Therefore, I would say it takes more effort to be nice all the time that to be an ass.

And thanks, snugglekins, I'll go out now and find people to hug and make daisy chains with.
Sat 14/05/05 at 15:11
Regular
Just my opinion.. And, I'm not trying to be mean or inpolite in saying anything here. It seems a few people love extracting something more than the surface value of my words.. or put an insinuating spin on them to say something they just don't. Those people appear to me like they just need attention to satisfy their egos..

..and more love.
Sat 14/05/05 at 15:16
Regular
I will say, it's so much more admirable to see you boys being polite and having intelligent discussions like gentlemen, than to read barbaric smut..where everyone is jumping all over eachother like monkeys, pimp smacking anyone who has a mere opinion opposed to their own.

But, again..that's just my opinion. Share the love.. :)

*tosses rose petals*
Sat 14/05/05 at 15:18
Regular
Can I possibly say it was just my opinion one more time?? Just my opinion..
Sat 14/05/05 at 15:38
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Celestine wrote:
> *tosses rose petals*

Now you see, the cutsey posting, when you've went out of your way to irritate and antagonize someone (which you admitted yourself), comes across as a little false.
Sat 14/05/05 at 18:15
Regular
"i own groovy land"
DEATH IS THE BEGINING MY FRIEND AND LOVE IS THE END.HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.LOL
Sat 14/05/05 at 18:48
Regular
Pandaemonium wrote:
> Celestine wrote:
> *tosses rose petals*
>
> Now you see, the cutsey posting, when you've went out of your way to
> irritate and antagonize someone (which you admitted yourself), comes
> across as a little false.

I didn't go out of my way to do crap to Light. I talk to everyone the same around here and I'm consistent with the *hugs* thingy anyhoo. Although I knew that continuing in discussion with him would most likely irritate the bejesus out of him because he loves me to infinite depths..so, to that yes..I did purposefully, yet playfully, prod him.

I can't control anyone from becoming an ass, especially if that really all they are to begin with.

And, I am cute. *confetti*
Sat 14/05/05 at 19:28
Regular
"One Man Landslide"
Celestine wrote:
> And, I am cute. *confetti*

Would you say that you come across as an 'ass', though?

Because it seems to me as though you do, having just read through this thread.
Sat 14/05/05 at 20:40
Jim of Honor wrote:
> Celestine wrote:
> And, I am cute. *confetti*
>
> Would you say that you come across as an 'ass', though?
>
> Because it seems to me as though you do, having just read through
> this thread.

Read through any of her threads and you'll notice that.

Celeste, every post you've made is either a giggly fit of poorly disguised "happy" comments, some "wonderful" event in your mundane life (NEW COMPUTERS LOL!) or how you're so obviously the greatest in life, to an audience mostly consisting of teenagers and people still in uni. I think it's clear who needs the love and attention here.

Do you think an outsider who goes on a forum and reads your crap will honestly have a positive thing to say about you? Because just after a single post, you felt you had the divine right to insult me just because I was arguing a point with Grix.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.