GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The word "love"..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 12/05/05 at 15:24
Regular
"For One Night Only"
Love is just too complex to explain in words. Real love is wonderful, it's an emotion we all take for granted. Now, it's been said on here before that's it's over-used, and they were right. People can say that they love a nice cup of tea, but it doesn't make it true.

Back in October, my course did T.I.E and toured and performed to several secondary schools. We went to each school by minibus, and it was on one journey where I had a slight disagreement with the girl I like. I apologised, and she forgave me. I asked light-heartedly, "Do you still love me?". She replied with, "Love's a strong word, Hibernator". I thought about this, and now I stop over-using the word.

Meanwhile, over this last three weeks, the same girl has said she loves me two or three times. I'm not used to hearing the word directed at me apart from my mother or sister etc; and it honestly feels quite weird. While I don't take it to heart and think that it means something, it's made me question. I asked my friend Lucy yesterday if she loves her boyfriend, she said she didn't know, I comforted her with the "love's a strong word" malarchy. Then I told her I love her, and again felt awkward. I shouldn't, as it's just a word, but I do.

The point in this rant: You can say you love someone, and you can say someone is lovely... but they are two very different things.
Sun 15/05/05 at 18:01
Regular
monkey_man wrote:
> I think I've missed something here...en'Light'en me.

Oohh!! I'll have a go!

First Hibey made this ever so excellent thread about love and using the word liberally and it's meaning, or lack thereof if used excessively..etc..

Then, I made a comment where I playfully professed my love for the Flocker and my Grixy.. and all the guys that I've had less than pleasurable encounters with. (That sounds so..arousing..)

Then, Light rang in with a comment that was brash..so I decided to say hello and see how he was doing. Seems nothing's changed...well, now he's actually telling me to kill myself in front of my child. Which is just disturbing. I'm kind of concerned for the guy.. I think he might need Anger Management.

Then, Icarus decided to grace me with his, oh how does Grix refer to it..?? "Bitter biatching.." And, I tried to diffuse him to no avail.

Then, just when I'm thinking it could possibly be peaceful and there's love, love, love all around...Light show's up again with his crap.

He loves me..I just know it. *side eyes*

And then, everyone is being a buncha bobblehead's with how they think I'm perfect and hypocritical for it. *gasps* Why, I never..said such a thing!

Perfect..me? *blushes* I humbly thank you all for such sentiment.. Now I'm just so giddy! I think I'll go buy a pair of shoes... :D
Sun 15/05/05 at 17:45
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Yes, but don't tell Grix.
Sun 15/05/05 at 17:45
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
gerrid wrote:
> Light crossed the line ages ago. To be honest I think he's just trying
> to annoy her now to make a point.

Yup. I freely admit to writing some utterly abhorrent and indefensible things in this thread. But hey; she wanted to get me angry. I think the lesson is "Be careful what you wish for". I'm not doing or saying a single thing that she didn't ask for. If what I say is too harsh...well, perhaps she should've considered that before provoking someone for fun.
Sun 15/05/05 at 17:43
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
So it's FF without the religion and a sex change then. Super.
Sun 15/05/05 at 17:41
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Celestine deliberately tries to antagonise Light by saying he's full of hate etc and then cries when everyone says she was wrong to do that, and accuses everyone of deliberately trying to antagonise her, before flagrantly denying ever trying to annoy Light in the first place, having already admitted that that is precisely what she was doing.

So, a normal Sunday in Life, then.
Sun 15/05/05 at 17:36
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
I think I've missed something here...en'Light'en me.
Sun 15/05/05 at 17:33
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Light crossed the line ages ago. To be honest I think he's just trying to annoy her now to make a point.
Sun 15/05/05 at 17:30
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Ooooooh Light... dodgy ground.
Sun 15/05/05 at 17:28
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
gerrid wrote:
> what thread are you reading.
>
> Nobody cares about the whole *hugz babes lol* thing, its her blatant
> denial of her own inadequacies which is drawing in the crowds.

Heh. I must admit the "I'm so key-YUTE!" thing of hers is a little grating. But as you say, it's because it's contrasted with what a deeply unpleasant person she actually is. That's what sets the blood boiling.
Sun 15/05/05 at 17:27
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
Y'know what would be funny to behold?

You. Dying. In front of your own child.

See, this is the thing Celestine; you get off on making others angry. The only way you can make yourself feel good, is by making others feel bad. Which makes you...well, everything you accuse others of being. Look at how much you're enjoying a thread where you've gone out of your way to anger, upset, and annoy.

What else...oh yes; the whole "It's cos I'm a woman". A fairly standard attempt at guilt tripping there. It's not because you're a woman my dear; it's because you're loathsome.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.