GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The word "love"..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 12/05/05 at 15:24
Regular
"For One Night Only"
Love is just too complex to explain in words. Real love is wonderful, it's an emotion we all take for granted. Now, it's been said on here before that's it's over-used, and they were right. People can say that they love a nice cup of tea, but it doesn't make it true.

Back in October, my course did T.I.E and toured and performed to several secondary schools. We went to each school by minibus, and it was on one journey where I had a slight disagreement with the girl I like. I apologised, and she forgave me. I asked light-heartedly, "Do you still love me?". She replied with, "Love's a strong word, Hibernator". I thought about this, and now I stop over-using the word.

Meanwhile, over this last three weeks, the same girl has said she loves me two or three times. I'm not used to hearing the word directed at me apart from my mother or sister etc; and it honestly feels quite weird. While I don't take it to heart and think that it means something, it's made me question. I asked my friend Lucy yesterday if she loves her boyfriend, she said she didn't know, I comforted her with the "love's a strong word" malarchy. Then I told her I love her, and again felt awkward. I shouldn't, as it's just a word, but I do.

The point in this rant: You can say you love someone, and you can say someone is lovely... but they are two very different things.
Thu 12/05/05 at 18:11
Regular
"Get It?Got It?Good!"
Love is a feeling i think. Right in your stomach, where it used to feel empty it feels like there is something there.
Also when you can't stop thinking about someone, non-stop all day and when you are with them it makes you feel like it is the best use of your time and you are really happy.

Thats what i think anyways!

EDIT: You have to make sure it is love though and not just that word i can't spell...i think it is infatuation? not sure.
Thu 12/05/05 at 17:51
Regular
Hibernator, like you said, the world "love" in itself doesn't necessarily mean anything. I use it for all sorts of things. So you kind of have to look beyond the meaning of individual words... a bit of context, a bit of body language... what do you think they're trying to put across.

Now I used to know a girl who'd use the word "love" flippantly, but when I told her I loved her (and this must've seemed out of the blue for her) she knew EXACTLY what I meant.

So I can't tell you what your girl meant by it because I didn't see the rest of it. Did she say it flippantly and then go into something else. Did she seem uncomfortable or shy when she said it? Was there an awkward silence while she waited for an answer. Did she kind of go all depressed when/if you didn't say anything back?

???

Anysway, what Black Glove said too.
If you get too caught up on what you think love is, then you'll spend your life yearning for THAT love rather than enjoying the REAL love that you actually come across for yourself. :-)
Thu 12/05/05 at 17:13
Regular
"..."
Hibey, mate...

I love you.

And I think you're lovely.
Thu 12/05/05 at 16:56
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
[URL]http://www.kiambi.co.za/temp/post-17-84365-gay_thread.jpg[/URL]
Thu 12/05/05 at 16:12
Regular
"For One Night Only"
Thanks guys, I'm glad to find someone who knows where I'm coming from.
Thu 12/05/05 at 16:10
Regular
"Laughingstock"
Love is something that is proven over time.
However, there are, it seems to me, too many people who are in love with the idea of being in love.
We are brainwashed into believing that unless we find/experience 'true love' (romantically) we are somehow sad or failures or we don't have the right to speak about love - this is horsesh*t, and one of the little tyrannies preached by starry-eyed dreamers.
Thu 12/05/05 at 15:41
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Yeah, I agree with you there Hibey. It's over used in this day and age that the meaning is kind of lost.

My dictionary that I have close to hand suggests it's just 'warm liking and affection'. I feel there is more to it than that.

The bond between family members (well, functioning families) is love, you can love a close friend and, of course, the romantic kind of love are the main ones I feel.

There was more I was thinking about, but I've forgotten.
Thu 12/05/05 at 15:24
Regular
"For One Night Only"
Love is just too complex to explain in words. Real love is wonderful, it's an emotion we all take for granted. Now, it's been said on here before that's it's over-used, and they were right. People can say that they love a nice cup of tea, but it doesn't make it true.

Back in October, my course did T.I.E and toured and performed to several secondary schools. We went to each school by minibus, and it was on one journey where I had a slight disagreement with the girl I like. I apologised, and she forgave me. I asked light-heartedly, "Do you still love me?". She replied with, "Love's a strong word, Hibernator". I thought about this, and now I stop over-using the word.

Meanwhile, over this last three weeks, the same girl has said she loves me two or three times. I'm not used to hearing the word directed at me apart from my mother or sister etc; and it honestly feels quite weird. While I don't take it to heart and think that it means something, it's made me question. I asked my friend Lucy yesterday if she loves her boyfriend, she said she didn't know, I comforted her with the "love's a strong word" malarchy. Then I told her I love her, and again felt awkward. I shouldn't, as it's just a word, but I do.

The point in this rant: You can say you love someone, and you can say someone is lovely... but they are two very different things.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.