GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The word "love"..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 12/05/05 at 15:24
Regular
"For One Night Only"
Love is just too complex to explain in words. Real love is wonderful, it's an emotion we all take for granted. Now, it's been said on here before that's it's over-used, and they were right. People can say that they love a nice cup of tea, but it doesn't make it true.

Back in October, my course did T.I.E and toured and performed to several secondary schools. We went to each school by minibus, and it was on one journey where I had a slight disagreement with the girl I like. I apologised, and she forgave me. I asked light-heartedly, "Do you still love me?". She replied with, "Love's a strong word, Hibernator". I thought about this, and now I stop over-using the word.

Meanwhile, over this last three weeks, the same girl has said she loves me two or three times. I'm not used to hearing the word directed at me apart from my mother or sister etc; and it honestly feels quite weird. While I don't take it to heart and think that it means something, it's made me question. I asked my friend Lucy yesterday if she loves her boyfriend, she said she didn't know, I comforted her with the "love's a strong word" malarchy. Then I told her I love her, and again felt awkward. I shouldn't, as it's just a word, but I do.

The point in this rant: You can say you love someone, and you can say someone is lovely... but they are two very different things.
Sun 15/05/05 at 18:28
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
> Where next, Light?

To the pub? I'll get the first round in.
Sun 15/05/05 at 18:23
"period drama"
It does show up quite how insecure someone is ... to think that people are just following along with someone else, rather than forming their own opinions as rational human beings.

Ah well.
Where next, Light?
Sun 15/05/05 at 18:20
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
It does me too. Obviously it's great for my not-inconsiderable ego to imagine a whole board following me, Fagin style, into whatever argument I choose to send 'em into.

Alas for me and my dreams of world domination, it has no basis in reality.
Sun 15/05/05 at 18:18
"period drama"
Oh yeah, that too.
I was on about the whole pitiful "you're just following along with Light" idea which really does annoy me.
Sun 15/05/05 at 18:15
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
> kevstar used the exact same argument.

Mm, the "I would never do that, therefore I haven't done it" method. Requires a total lack of self awareness and an extremely brittle sense of self.
Sun 15/05/05 at 18:13
"period drama"
kevstar used the exact same argument.
Sun 15/05/05 at 18:11
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
Celestine wrote:

> Then, just when I'm thinking it could possibly be peaceful and
> there's love, love, love all around...Light show's up again with his
> crap.

Heh. So you failed to notice the others taking issue with you as well? Your self-delusion knows no bounds. You'll be trying to claim you're a good mother next. Mind you, that's clearly not the case; the kids father did the sensible thing and ran a mile from you once you'd shat out his child. Neither wonder you're so hateful toward the world when you've been so fully and comprehensively rejected.

>
> He loves me..I just know it. *side eyes*

I'd quite like to pin you down and force you into backdoor sex against your will using talculm powder as a lubricant in order to hear you scream in pain and misery whilst your kid watches...does that count?
Sun 15/05/05 at 18:10
Regular
"bot"
I still don't quite understand how she's slithering away from the hypocrisy thing.

"I didn't go out of my way to do crap to Light."

"I knew that continuing in discussion with him would most likely irritate the bejesus out of him"
"I did purposefully, yet playfully, prod him."

Sun 15/05/05 at 18:07
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Celestine wrote:
> And then, everyone is being a buncha bobblehead's with how they think
> I'm perfect and hypocritical for it. *gasps* Why, I never..said such
> a thing!

... That's crap and you know it. Sorry.
Sun 15/05/05 at 18:06
Regular
"bot"
Celestine wrote:
> Then, Light rang in with a comment that was brash..so I decided to
> say hello and see how he was doing.

his comment was a fair point.

"Aaahh yes, t'is all perspective dear Light. Atleast I don't become a petty ass. Well..

What, no Notable for you? That's not amazing to me. You're always so close, yet still so far. One day Light..one day you'll be good enough."

that's not a very nice thing to say, is it?

I'd say that's a lot closer to 'provocation' than 'saying hello'.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.