GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The word "love"..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 12/05/05 at 15:24
Regular
"For One Night Only"
Love is just too complex to explain in words. Real love is wonderful, it's an emotion we all take for granted. Now, it's been said on here before that's it's over-used, and they were right. People can say that they love a nice cup of tea, but it doesn't make it true.

Back in October, my course did T.I.E and toured and performed to several secondary schools. We went to each school by minibus, and it was on one journey where I had a slight disagreement with the girl I like. I apologised, and she forgave me. I asked light-heartedly, "Do you still love me?". She replied with, "Love's a strong word, Hibernator". I thought about this, and now I stop over-using the word.

Meanwhile, over this last three weeks, the same girl has said she loves me two or three times. I'm not used to hearing the word directed at me apart from my mother or sister etc; and it honestly feels quite weird. While I don't take it to heart and think that it means something, it's made me question. I asked my friend Lucy yesterday if she loves her boyfriend, she said she didn't know, I comforted her with the "love's a strong word" malarchy. Then I told her I love her, and again felt awkward. I shouldn't, as it's just a word, but I do.

The point in this rant: You can say you love someone, and you can say someone is lovely... but they are two very different things.
Fri 20/05/05 at 18:09
Regular
I wouldn't worry about it anymore...
It sounds like nothing needs to be said.

This whole "official" love thing is just some high-school politics thing...
Fri 20/05/05 at 17:32
Regular
"For One Night Only"
Damnit, Strafio, I hate awkward silences. It was my turn this time, me and her having a private conversation. I jokingly insulted her and so made up straight away with that blasted, "I love you".
Fri 20/05/05 at 17:30
Regular
"For One Night Only"
Light wrote:
> {edit} Removed seeing as the person to whom it was addressed's posts
> are no longer here.

Why? Who did you address it to?
Fri 20/05/05 at 11:00
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
{edit} Removed seeing as the person to whom it was addressed's posts are no longer here.
Fri 20/05/05 at 10:39
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
Mm, I know. And I take great pleasure in reminding her of that. People who are THAT delusional and THAT unpleasant are like blood in the water to me...
Fri 20/05/05 at 10:35
She sidestepped (read: ignored) loads of criticisms made at her, on several occasions.
Fri 20/05/05 at 10:34
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
~watches Celestine neatly sidestep addressing a single criticism of her~

Hmm...and a coward too? Nice...
Thu 19/05/05 at 21:54
Regular
"I am Bumf Ucked"
My understanding is that love in the Hollywood sense is a myth.

Maybe I'm just a miserable b-tard.
Tue 17/05/05 at 17:12
Regular
"8==="
Do I need a TB shot now?
Tue 17/05/05 at 15:12
Regular
I'm going to practice the "fookem" technique on you now Hedfix. :) *hugs*

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.