GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Matrix: Revolutions"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 02/04/04 at 14:05
Regular
"Twenty quid."
Well, it's out and I shall be buying it. "Why?!?" I hear you cry ... well, partly because I have the first two and I like closure and partly because I have the missus' nephews and nieces staying with us most weekends and holidays and a certain amount of my DVD purchases have them in mind.

The nephews (who are both 10) love The Matrix and Reloaded so they'll no doubt want to watch it, much the missus' annoyance.
Sat 03/04/04 at 10:51
Regular
"Teal'c"
I too watched it last night, and I must say, I actually thought the ending was pretty good. I’m not just saying that because I’m one of those kids who walks out of the cinema and says, “The ending were the bestest cos it ended and I can go, ha ha.” I thought the ending was probably the best made few scenes of the film.
I’m planning on watching all 3 movies tonight, and see if it gets a little better.
Somewhat disappointing, but meh, its only a film.
Sat 03/04/04 at 11:14
Regular
Mav wrote:
> Auf deutsch wrote:
> Can't help but love the Hellclub fight. Short, but very sweet...
>
> What? That was terrible!
>
> Entirely in slow motion and no sense of intensity.

Hush you...It was very cool

:-/
Sat 03/04/04 at 13:15
Regular
Jonathan Nash wrote:
> I thought the ending was probably the best made few scenes of the film.

SPOILER

Personally, I thoroughly enjoyed Revolutions from the point that Trinity dies onwards. I'd even go as far to say that the final fight and ending returned to the greatness of the original film.
Sat 03/04/04 at 13:22
Regular
Anyhow, I ordered this for £14.99.

Mostly for the special features and the completion of the trilogy.
Sat 03/04/04 at 17:30
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
I thought all 3 were excellent.
I think the reason a lot of people (myself initially) were a tad "meh" about Reloaded was that they put all the money-shots in the trailer, there was little, if anything, left to make you go "Wow" in the actual film.
Think about the final trailer - Trinity falling from the window, agent jumping on car bonnet, Morpheus with the sword and machine-pistol in slo-mo, the Chateau brawl, the spinning around throw-em-off-me bit from the Burly Brawl...they just showed all the really cool bits. And the truck exploding in bullet-time on the freeway and Neo saving Morpheus & Keymaker? That was in Enter The Matrix, so I saw that cool bit before the movie as well. No surprises except for The Architect, who simply served to baffle and make you go "Eh?" (Will Ferrel's version for the MTV awards was perfect "ERGO! CONCORDANTLY! VIS A VIS!"

Whereas Revolutions, they kept it mysterious and showed the general emotion/feeling of the film
"I see darkness coming", lights going off in the corridor, a few snippets of Club Hell fight, Smith laughing and, for the Super Burly-Brawl, they only showed them running at each other. There was none of those incredible water-explosions, none of the sky-fight. You saw some of the Zion attack.
I thought Revolutions introduced a lot of stuff back from the 1st film - the car-ride to see the Oracle, her apartment, a cat walking by.

But the major difference, for me, was that the fights in Revolutions actually looked like they hurt the characters. There was a real danger of death and defeat in this one that was lacking from Reloaded.
In the 1st movie, Smith kicked the crap out of Neo in the train station, Morpheus was in danger in the government building. There was tension and drama.
The fights in Reloaded were mainly for style and exercises in cool.
I loved The Burly-Brawl, but yeah it was a bit of a cop-out for Neo to just fly away (but it did give you the excellent sight of unperturbed Smiths being all "...damn" before walking off".
And c'mon, Seraph's "You do not truly know someone until you fight them" was a poor excuse for a mini-bundle in the teahouse.
They were cool but at no point did I think "Ok, he could get an ass whupping here". But in Revolutions I did think that.
And kudos to the guy playing Bane, he got a spot-on impression of Agent Smith's voice "But if I'm not meeeee, then who am I?"

The characters I liked more too, Morpheus was a lot less sure of himself after Neo said "The prophecy's a lie, sorry mate". He didn't stand around in his sunglasses nodding and saying "Yes" a lot before doing slow kung-fu.
Agent Smith. One of the best characters of recent late (even if his suit mysteriously turned black, it was brown in The Matrix).
He was fantastic in the 1st movie and had a real sense of smug fun in Reloaded "Me me me" "...me too" etc and really came into his own in Revolutions. Mocking The Oracle was a brilliant scene, all snarly annoyance.
But Smith's best moments for me where at the end of the super burly-brawl, not believing Neo would keep getting up. He's frustrated, angry, bewildered "Why? Why?" and one of his last lines "It's...not...fair!"

Excellent trilogy and I like Reloaded more and more each time I watch it, Revolutions was a good finale. But yep, Train Man could've been chopped out and had more Merovingian and Belluci's fabolous cleavage.
Revolutions could've just been Smith reading the phone book with Belluci doing naked stuff behind him, with occasional Merovignian "Zut Alors" comment and I'd be just as happy.
Sat 03/04/04 at 17:58
Regular
"Twenty quid."
I forced the missus and her nephew to watch Reloaded again last night with the amp turned up to about a third (never had it past half way). The nephew was "jaw on the floor" and the missus grudgingly agreed it was better than the first time she saw it.

And could Monica Bellucci be any hornier? Anyone seen Malèna? Serious fappage!
Sat 03/04/04 at 18:08
Regular
Excellent is a bit far I'd say... they're good, enjoyable films, especially the first one... but I can't help but watch the last two and think "this could have been so much better".

I think that's the problem, same with the Star Wars first two films, on their own, they're not exactly bad, compared to the originals it's... well, like Lucas got a girlfriend and doesn't want to go out and play anymore.

I'll get my sister to get it, it's not exactly something I'd want to watch through over and over. Star Wars, yah, but not this.

I'm a massive fan of character development, and while it was interesting to see Morpheus change after Neo did said "no, sorry, bunch of lies", but it wasn't so much change, more that they just kinda pretended he wasn't so heavily obsessed with the One and just introduced the love interest instead... I don't know, it just seems slapped together, when it just seemed there were a lot of powerful elements that were just 'forgotten' about. Neo could have developed a lot more [but then they did have Keanu-lag] and Trinity was over the top.

I much prefer subtlety to anything in characters, I guess Morpheus and the Oracle had it best... and Agent Smith was an EXCELLENT character but the writing made him once again over the top in my view, the ending I found comical, but then I would have given Smith a knife instead, seeing a cut up and stabbed Neo would have been much more powerful, another thing that could have been done in a way that could have made it, in my opinion, better.

I can't think of anything more to write at the moment so that'll do. :)
Sat 03/04/04 at 18:10
Regular
Timmargh wrote:

"Anyone seen Malèna? Serious fappage!"

Hoohohoo, that looks awesome.
Sun 04/04/04 at 20:26
Regular
Grix Thraves wrote:

> I think that's the problem, same with the Star Wars first two films,
> on their own, they're not exactly bad, compared to the originals
> it's... well, like Lucas got a girlfriend and doesn't want to go out
> and play anymore.

Now that is an excellent way of describing it.

MAtrix Reloaded was utter toss... Revolutions is slightly better.
Sun 04/04/04 at 20:35
Regular
Come on... you can't call it utter toss.

Disappointing and far inferior to the first, yes, but it still delivers a suitable amount of substance to tip it just above average. And those action sequences were nothing less than exhilirating at the cinema.

I feel Revolutions was the better of the two sequels, but as you said, not by a lot.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.