GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Matrix: Revolutions"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 02/04/04 at 14:05
Regular
"Twenty quid."
Well, it's out and I shall be buying it. "Why?!?" I hear you cry ... well, partly because I have the first two and I like closure and partly because I have the missus' nephews and nieces staying with us most weekends and holidays and a certain amount of my DVD purchases have them in mind.

The nephews (who are both 10) love The Matrix and Reloaded so they'll no doubt want to watch it, much the missus' annoyance.
Fri 02/04/04 at 15:13
Regular
"Twenty quid."
I didn't dislike Revolutions as such, but was a bit disappointed by it.

Saying that, I felt the same about Reloaded but seem to like it more each time I watch it.
Fri 02/04/04 at 15:24
Regular
"A man with a stick"
MoJoJoJo wrote:
> Yeah, the Zion stuff was good. But I hated Dragon Ball Z fanboys
> screaming "u didn't get the end fight coz you dont understand
> DBZ!!!111"
>
> I did "get" the fight, it was just crap.

Yeah I thought the final confrontation between Neo and the ultimate Agent Smith was a bit of an anti-climax, it was simply reduced to the pair flying through the air and taking it in turns to punch each other in the face. Maybe if they had put the fight scene before the Zion siege I might have been more impressed, but it still didn't compare to the excellent showdown in the subway of the original Matrix.
Fri 02/04/04 at 15:26
Regular
MoJoJoJo wrote:
> leads up to a fight that we KNOW Neo cannot possibly lose since he
> has defeated Smith x100.

Were you paying attention for the first half of the film?

Smith copied himself into the Oracle. He had the sight. He was as, if not more powerful than Neo. We had no idea what would happen.
Fri 02/04/04 at 15:50
Regular
"~a Libertine~"
SPOILERS BELOW

i didnt know that
'We cant see past the choices we do not understand'

was a law of the universe... perhaps im being petty but why didnt the characters question what the Oracle said more...

oh right the all knowingness!!

I enjoyed the end fight more as an allegory for good versus evil, rather than for the actual action... as neo and smith flew around eachother in perfect, but opposite alignment i couldnt help but only see it as good and evil, neither one can survive with the other, and the resolution only coming when they are 'joined' when smith infects neo..
Fri 02/04/04 at 16:26
Regular
I thought all three films were bloody good. I will be getting Revolutions at some point.

I could tell I enjoyed them all because I actually felt quite sad when the credits of Revolutons 'cos I knew there wouldn't be any more....
Fri 02/04/04 at 16:34
"Darth Vader 3442321"
Spoilers

I disliked the cliche within Revolutions: "that annoying kid" wants to fight but the leader won't let him as the kid's a klutz, then later on the kid says something "moving" and the leader lets him help out. Then lo and behold the leader needs help and only one person can help him: the kid. Oh and even better the kid is now the only person who can save the day.

This is intercut with Link's girlfriend saving the day and Morpheus' ex saving the day. No one else gets a look in.
Fri 02/04/04 at 16:57
Regular
"cachoo"
I loved the Burly Brawl, that was fantastic. Only the bit when Neo punched Smith's cheek and was in slo-mo.. verr clever.
Fri 02/04/04 at 17:12
"High polygon count"
Got my copy in Tesco's today.

£14.87 for a double-disc set - cheaper than the online stores!
Fri 02/04/04 at 17:18
Regular
I thought the burly brawl from reloaded was much better than the super burly brawl from revolutions.

*runs*
Fri 02/04/04 at 18:05
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
On balance, I think I preferred Reloaded to Revolutions, only because in Reloaded you had a sense that everything would be explained in the final chapter so you could just sit back and enjoy the action. I think on reflection, the Burly Brawl and the stairwell fight sequence are some of the best bits of cinema I saw last year.

Revolutions I liked, but the first hour was terrible - what the hell was all that Trainman crap about? Tell me that couldn't have been cut out. Once it kicks in, it's a good watch, Weaving is brilliant as always and the new Oracle was good too. I wanted to see a bit more Merovingian, a bit more of Seraph's back story filled in (they call him "the fallen angel" or something), a bit less exposition and a bit more of Zero One, but hey, that's just my opinion. The siege of Zion was expertly handled and the noise that the squiddies made when swooping around in flocks made my skin crawl.

More satisfactory than earth-shattering brilliant, but still worth a purchase.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.