GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Matrix: Revolutions"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 02/04/04 at 14:05
Regular
"Twenty quid."
Well, it's out and I shall be buying it. "Why?!?" I hear you cry ... well, partly because I have the first two and I like closure and partly because I have the missus' nephews and nieces staying with us most weekends and holidays and a certain amount of my DVD purchases have them in mind.

The nephews (who are both 10) love The Matrix and Reloaded so they'll no doubt want to watch it, much the missus' annoyance.
Fri 02/04/04 at 14:05
Regular
"Twenty quid."
Well, it's out and I shall be buying it. "Why?!?" I hear you cry ... well, partly because I have the first two and I like closure and partly because I have the missus' nephews and nieces staying with us most weekends and holidays and a certain amount of my DVD purchases have them in mind.

The nephews (who are both 10) love The Matrix and Reloaded so they'll no doubt want to watch it, much the missus' annoyance.
Fri 02/04/04 at 14:25
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Bought it this morning, having missed it at the cinema.
Thoroughly enjoyed it. Loads of action, not so much cod-philosophy and a decent conclusion to it all.
Could've done with seeing The Merovingian more though seeing as he wasn't frenching about "Causality...zis is ze qvestion but you do not know ze answer, silly English Knnnnnnigit".
The Architect...now what was the point of him in Reloaded, having seen Revolutions? "A systemic anomaly" etc etc, only to pop up at the end and be all "Meh, I'll get you next time Penelope Pitstop"

Good fun, less pretension and lots and lots of Agent Smith, with my new favourite line from him
"It's...not fair..." like a whiny computer teenager.

And I don't care what anybody else thinks, least of all some wannabe film/media studies student convinced he could do it better whilst writing ass-boring generic horror flicks.
Fri 02/04/04 at 14:27
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Goatboy wrote:
> > And I don't care what anybody else thinks, least of all some wannabe
> film/media studies student convinced he could do it better whilst
> writing ass-boring generic horror flicks.

Hoho.
Fri 02/04/04 at 14:29
Regular
Yeah, I enjoyed Revolutions - more so than I did Reloaded.

I'm not saying either of them are great, but many people just dismiss them after one viewing without even attempting to try and understand the plot.
Fri 02/04/04 at 14:31
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
*shrugs*
Only shortcutting the standard "Yeah but schoolyard philosophy/cgi was crap" droning that will shortly follow from people that obviously know much better and can do better than The Wachowskis.

End of the day?
I enjoyed it and no amount of sub-Alexander Walker crap is going to change my mind.
Now, all you protege Welles run along and change the course of cinema history, I have no doubt you will
Fri 02/04/04 at 14:38
Regular
"That's right!"
I'll be buying it, but that doesn't mean I like it. Of course, that could change, quite often I'll watch a film a few times and really get into it (I kinda liked Reloaded at first, but now I think it's great after a few viewings)

With all the action in Reloaded, Revolutions was a let down, especially with the craptacular Neo/Smith fight they had at the end (even the burly brawl was better than that crap)

Strangely enough, I had a dream where I was in the matrix last night, doing all kinds of cool kung fu on fat, stupid bouncers. 'Twas rather fun.
Fri 02/04/04 at 14:39
Regular
MoJoJoJo wrote:
> I'll be buying it, but that doesn't mean I like it.

If trade was always like that, I'll set one up right away.
Fri 02/04/04 at 14:47
Regular
MoJoJoJo wrote:
> With all the action in Reloaded, Revolutions was a let down,
> especially with the craptacular Neo/Smith fight they had at the end
> (even the burly brawl was better than that crap)

I found that to be by far the best sequence in the entire film.
Fri 02/04/04 at 14:49
Regular
"A man with a stick"
I didn't really take to Revolutions as I did with Reloaded (which I actually liked) but I still enjoyed it, for the speciel effects and action scenes if nothing else, and I loved the seige of Zion which for me was the highlight of all the three films.
Fri 02/04/04 at 15:01
Regular
"That's right!"
Yeah, the Zion stuff was good. But I hated Dragon Ball Z fanboys screaming "u didn't get the end fight coz you dont understand DBZ!!!111"

I did "get" the fight, it was just crap. I dunno, like I said I might watch it again and be amazed, but the entire trilogy leads up to a fight that we KNOW Neo cannot possibly lose since he has defeated Smith x100. Compare it to Luke vs Vader in Jedi and tell me the end fight was good.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.