GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"He held aloft the mighty sword..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 09/04/01 at 11:37
Regular
SNIPER was bored. So what if monsters had begun attacking the city again? There was nothing he could do about it. If those other stupid idiots he sometimes called his friends wanted to try to stop them, let them. He didn't want to go looking for any stupid sword.

"So where the hell has SNIPER gone now?" asked Your Honour, turning to the other members of the party.

Grix shrugged, there were much bigger things to worry about than the whereabouts of SNIPER.
Ant however had seen SNIPER disappear, so decided to speak up "Well, he said we were a bunch of stupid morons trying to find this sword, and went off that way." Ant pointed towards a meadow.

"Well if he doesn't care about our homes being destroyed and us being enslaved then so be it. I do, and I vow to find the Sword of Nogard, and slay those foul beasts that attack our homes!" Cried Your Honour, and the three of them set off into the forest.

SNIPER continued to wander through the meadow, it was a beautiful day, the suns were bright and the sky clear. Walking through the waist high grass amongst the butterfly was something that always helped to cheer SNIPER up. Maybe he should catch up with his friends he thought, and he too headed for the forest.

pb marched up to FantasyMeister. "You can't keep sending our men out to die! We only have limited resources, and cannot fight them out there in the fields!"

"Then what would you suggest pb, letting those beasts inside our city walls, letting them slaughter our wives and feed on our children?" Replied FM looking down on pb.

"But we cannot hold out forever. We need help!" said pb shaking his head, as he walked away.

SNIPER's mood had again changed for the worse. Where were those stupid idiots now? SNIPER looked round to see something catching the light in a clearing nearby. Maybe it was his friends! He ran into the clearing.

Moments later he realised that it was not his friends in the clearing, but something much more special. Stuck in the ground was a sword. The sword of Nogard! As SNIPER approached it he suddenly felt a chill in the air. The skies had clouded over, and the wind had picked up to such an extent that the trees creaked. If SNIPER could retrieve the sword, he would be a hero! No more would he be laughed at!

SNIPER grabbed the sword and pulled with all of his might. He could feel the first drops of a violent rain storm lash against his face. Still he pulled on the sword, until it gave up it's hold on the ground. SNIPER could feel great power within him as he held it.

He held it toward the skies as a sign of victory.

Grix didn't like this change in the weather. Not one bit. Why had it changed so suddenly? He could feel something strange in the air. "That way!" He cried, pointing towards a clearing nearby as thunder crashed in his ears and lightning lit up the skies.

"Aaaarghhhh!" Cried SNIPER as he was thrown to the ground. A lightning bolt had struck the sword and flowed through his body.

Your Honour was the first into the clearing. "It's SNIPER" he said, "Or at least it was...." he said, looking at the charred remains of his former companion.

"It looks as if we weren't the first at the scene" Said Ant, pointing towards some footprints leading out of the clearing. Next to these was a strange track, much like that that would be left be a sword, being dragged through grass........
Page:
Tue 29/05/01 at 11:03
Regular
The doors to Dan's hideout burst open... Grix and Mongoose Man stepped forward.

"Look, there they are."

Grix pointed to the Dan's, sitting around monitors, giggling to themselves...

An army of men in white coats run through, pushed the Dan's to the floor, and put straight jackets on them...

"WHATT? WHAT ARE YOU DOING! WE'RE ALL TRAPPED INSIDE A GAME! THE DAEMONS GOING TO GET US!!"

The four Dan's were dragged out of the room.

"Wait." Grix said... checking the monitors.

"Dan_UK," He continued...

"Yeah? What?"

"You're sacked."

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" Dan_Uk kicked and screamed as he was thrown into the back of a van with the rest of the Dan's.

Grix pinched himself for the third time. Oh yes, this was DEFINITELY, he said for the second time, THE REAL WORLD.

It was a messed up world, but that didn't matter. As long as their exploits never became too serious, then it would be fun.

Grix called to Mongoose Man, and they both left the small room.

------------------

After the conversation ended... SCN walked out the door, and the doorbell rung...

"Oh," He said to him, and placed his hand on his forehead... "Whoever in the world could that be?"

SCN skipped to the front door.

He reached for the door handle...

*BOOM*

The door swang open, knocking SCN back... the rain poured through, and an Orc stagged through the door. His long hair was matted with blood and dirt, the mud flowing through his wounds from the rain...

"YOU! YOU THOUGHT YOU KILLED ME!"

The Orc reached down, and retrieved an Axe from his side... he plunged it into the side of SCN... digging deep into his skin.

SCN screamed and fell backwards, trying to stop the blood from rushing from the wound. The Orc tried to balance his weight by leaning on a door...

SCN raised his hands... and lightning fired from his palms...

"IF YOU CAN'T STAY DEAD IN THIS TIME ERA!..."

The Orc *popped* out of time...

-------------

Your Honour and VenomByte looked to the ever increasing shadow forming over them...

"RUN!"

*WHAP*

A blood ridden Orc landed face down in the mud... he pushed himself to his knees...

Your Honour and VenomByte stared at the enormous Orc, now to his feet, blocking out the sunlight...

"Hi. Who are you?" Your Honour asked.

"I AM THE ORC KING!"

"Oh. I'm Your Honour, and this is VenomByte."

VenomByte stepped forward and smiled.

"Pleased to meet you."
Mon 28/05/01 at 22:33
Regular
It's not finished yet :-D
Mon 28/05/01 at 22:05
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Good story! And fantastic ending, even though I haven't been following it properly. I will the next one, though.
Mon 28/05/01 at 21:59
Regular
Dan uk walked up to the other 3 Dans who were sitting on the sofa of the Swordspines office.

"They bought it! They genuinely believe that they're still in the game!"

The others grinned.

Dan2K1 rubbed his arms "So when they found themselves all laid down in a pile, they thought that the plot had been reset?"

"Yep."

"It took ages carrying them there. How come they were out cold for so long. We weren't affected at all once we disconnected."

"We only went in for short shifts. We had plenty of breaks. They'd been in for days now. After all that a sudden disconnection like that completely knocked them out. And then we gave then tranquilisers to keep them that way for an hour or 2."

M16 looked out of the window. "So the game was set in the square kilometre of land around Sworspines?"

"Yeah. It would've taken me hours to build one from scratch."

Darkness was confused.

"So what was all that about the reset button."

Dan uk grinned.

"I knew that something would go wrong in there so I made a program called the reset button. I password protected it so only I could use it but I used the swordspines password so he could access it. When I forsaw problems, I didn't forsee Grix turning yellow.

The second reset button wasn't a reset button. After he did the first reset I deleted the reset button and uploaded a program to replace it that would beat the overlord for him. He went to reset and the program beat the overlord for him. With the overlord beaten, I downloaded Grix back into his body."

"And then we performed our little operation." Darkness said.

"Why did we do all that to pretend that they're still in the game?"

"Apart from it being really funny, the leaders wanted to give Grix a surprise hero's welcome back. They still see him as the hero who gave up his life to save the world from the overlord.

It's just as well they're back too. Sheepy has actually pulled off his Sniper cloning tactics for real and they needed to be around to stop him."

Dan2K1 asked the last question.

"So the Overlord is supposedly dead. How come Bill Gates is still around."

"It turns out that Bill wasn't the overlord. The Overlord is a daemon who posseses people apparently. It's rumoured that he's had controll of Caeser and Adolf Hitler in the past. Still, we wiped the memory of the hardrive he was on so I don't think he'll cause any more trouble."

Dan uk was wrong. He had no idea that the Overlord was still at large...

Wait...

There was one further question from M16:

"What great multiplayer games have Swordspines been working out that you want us to test."

The Dan's grabbed a pad each. The Overlord was finished. Grix and the others were in no danger in the real world.

Or so they thought...
Mon 28/05/01 at 12:47
Regular
The descendent of Bill Gates managed to crawl to his feet... still alive...

If he had died, then the consequences of it would put everyone into a strange parallel world, where there was hope, glory, and computers worked correctly...

But also, the plot would get REALLY messed up, the Blade Runner story would make no sense, and most of all, we wouldn't be able to use him in the future... if we really got stuck for ideas, or the timing was a bit better.

But the author got the message anyway, so it was no problem.

---------------

Meka was picked up by two Sniper clones...

"So. You thought you would try and stop me?"

Meka looked up... who was talking? There was a bright light shining at him, he couldn't see a thing.

"Bill? Bill Gates?"

"I thought we had already established that there is to be NO mention of him in this story?"

"Oh sorry, I thought you know... would be good to, err... if we all knew that it couldn't be Bill Gates."

"Oh. Ok."

Meka tried to pull an arm up to cover the bright light... it was pulled back by a Sniper clone.

"For now, you don't need to know who I am. If I said now, the plot would get a bit boring, wouldn't it?"

"Ok... can I try guessing?"

The person thought. "Yeah, go on then."

"Tamaral?"

"No."

"Laramat?"

"No."

"Ok, that's me out of guesses."

"Bake him away, toys."

The two Sniper's dragged Meka away... and as he fell to the floor, he noticed that the person was wearing a pair of Nike trainers... Where had he seen them before?

----------------

"You know..." Pb said, after thinking for what seemed to be an eternity of silence. "I'm finding it pretty strange that it always seems to be night in here."

Pb looked around... he was all alone.

"Sheepy? Grix? FM? Sniper?..." Pb got out of the tent, and shielded his eyes from the bright sun.

"Where the hell have they gone?"

------------

The author added a bit of flour to the plot, and stirred slowly.

------------

Ant and SonicRav paid the fat lady, and entered the mirror hall.

SR made his way quickly through the mirrors... but Ant was having trouble...
Mon 28/05/01 at 00:11
Regular
"everyone says it"
er-no from page 4 of this story has crawled back into the scene, he crawls through the first through bushes he coes across, but sadly with no legs it has taken 22 days to crawl through 5 pages and he is all but dead, will anyone give him needed water?

Will Grix the person who blow his legs off help?
Mon 28/05/01 at 00:07
Regular
"smile, it's free"
pb, FM, Grix, and Sniper were talking.

"Okay, we have the sword. What now?"

"How about the bumper cars?"

"Sounds good to me"

--------------------------------

The Ghost train cars only held two people each. Ant and SonicRav (yep, he's still here. Hasn't spoken for about 6 pages now, but I think it's nice to keep him here) had both climbed into the first car, as they were much fitter than YH and VenomByte, who arrived a little later.

"We're too late, the ride's already started" said VenomByte

"Sod this then" said YH "I'm off for a fag"

"You shouldn't smoke, you'd be much fitter if you didn't." said VenomByte

"Oh, and you were really out ahead of me, weren't you?"

"I'm fitter than you, any day."

"Yeah right. Check out my six pack then." YH replied, lifting up his shirt.

"That's not a six pack. That's six spare tyres."

"Hah! You're blind mate."

The two of them strolled out of the fair, headed to the bookies

---------------------------------------

The sniper clone started up the Delorean. It was still in wokring order, luckily.

He reversed away from the tree, or lamp post, or whatever it was he'd hit, and drove back onto the main road. He checked the fuel guage. Damn. Nearly empty. Better fill it up.

Sniper pulled over at the nearby Esso station, and began to fill up the delorean.

--------------------------------------

"Hey!" said YH "That's that delorean again!"

"That's terrible grammar, you know..."

"We don't have time to go and get the others. Let's nick his car."

"Sounds good to me"

YH and VenomByte approached the delorean, just in time to see sniper return from having paid for his petrol. Sniper looked at YH and venomByte. YH and Venombyte looked at sniper.

The three of them ran to the delorean. Sniper got there first, just in time to shut the doors before the others got in. He started to pull away, leaving YH and Venombyte held onto various protruding parts of the car, just like you see in action films.

----------------------------------

The camera cut to Ant and SonicRav, who had just finished the ghost train ride. Sniper was nowhere to be seen. They left the ride, and walked through the park, searching for the sniper clone.

Suddenly Ant stopped, and stared at something. SonicRav wasn't quite sure what.

"Look, it'a a map. Something about the location of a factory, for producing something...not quite sure what. Apparently, there's a secret entrance in the hall of mirrors."

"Come on then, let's go."

---------------------------------

There was a flash, and a strange sensation of being in two places at once... and then the delorean emerged, somehwere in the past. Sniper started to brake. He broke sharply enough to throw off YH and Venombyte, who were knocked unconscious from the tumble, but not soon enough to avoid the man who happened to be in front of the materialising delorean. The man was killed instantly. He happened to be a direct blood ancestor of Bill Gates, which meant that there was no chance whatsoever that Bill Gates would appear in the rest of this story.

Sniper left the car, ignoring the two unconscious bodies nearby. He wasn't wuite sure how the deolorean worked, so he had to find out what time he was in, and how to solve the 'Grix' problem......
Sun 27/05/01 at 22:30
Regular
"Ok... thanks Dan."

Dan walked off into the distance, leaving Pb, FM, Grix, Sheepy, and Sniper, sitting in the camp.

Sheepy then remembered that he was on the evil side... and ran off. The rest couldn't be bothered to chase him, as it would prove to be a good sub-plot.

"There is just one final thing." Grix said...

"What?"

Grix pinched himself.

"Oh yes. We are DEFINITELY in the real world."

Grix smiled.

------------------

Nobody was around...

The clone Sniper had sneaked out of the Ghost Train, where he had led Meka and the others... he jumped into the DeLorean.

All he had to do now, was find a point in time where Grix's life was threatened, and stop him from being saved...
Sun 27/05/01 at 22:21
Regular
Before he sat down, he decided to correct his typing mistake...

"When I said If you need 4 Dan's to back you off, I meant If tyou need 4 Dan's to back you up then call. Stupid keyboard"
Sun 27/05/01 at 22:18
Regular
Dan was furious.

"Okay Grix," he fumed "You decided to just reset things like that. Now Tamaral is still at large, the Sniper clones are still around, Darth Sheepy is still causing trouble..."

He ran out of breath.

"And JUST because you didn't want to fight the Overlord in a grand finale?!?!"

He turned around and sighed

"If you have a better way of defeating the Overlord then get on with it. If you need 4 Dan's to back you off."

Then he sat down and sulked over the fact that beating Tamaral in that great fight now meant nothing. So much for being a hero...
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.