GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"He held aloft the mighty sword..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 09/04/01 at 11:37
Regular
SNIPER was bored. So what if monsters had begun attacking the city again? There was nothing he could do about it. If those other stupid idiots he sometimes called his friends wanted to try to stop them, let them. He didn't want to go looking for any stupid sword.

"So where the hell has SNIPER gone now?" asked Your Honour, turning to the other members of the party.

Grix shrugged, there were much bigger things to worry about than the whereabouts of SNIPER.
Ant however had seen SNIPER disappear, so decided to speak up "Well, he said we were a bunch of stupid morons trying to find this sword, and went off that way." Ant pointed towards a meadow.

"Well if he doesn't care about our homes being destroyed and us being enslaved then so be it. I do, and I vow to find the Sword of Nogard, and slay those foul beasts that attack our homes!" Cried Your Honour, and the three of them set off into the forest.

SNIPER continued to wander through the meadow, it was a beautiful day, the suns were bright and the sky clear. Walking through the waist high grass amongst the butterfly was something that always helped to cheer SNIPER up. Maybe he should catch up with his friends he thought, and he too headed for the forest.

pb marched up to FantasyMeister. "You can't keep sending our men out to die! We only have limited resources, and cannot fight them out there in the fields!"

"Then what would you suggest pb, letting those beasts inside our city walls, letting them slaughter our wives and feed on our children?" Replied FM looking down on pb.

"But we cannot hold out forever. We need help!" said pb shaking his head, as he walked away.

SNIPER's mood had again changed for the worse. Where were those stupid idiots now? SNIPER looked round to see something catching the light in a clearing nearby. Maybe it was his friends! He ran into the clearing.

Moments later he realised that it was not his friends in the clearing, but something much more special. Stuck in the ground was a sword. The sword of Nogard! As SNIPER approached it he suddenly felt a chill in the air. The skies had clouded over, and the wind had picked up to such an extent that the trees creaked. If SNIPER could retrieve the sword, he would be a hero! No more would he be laughed at!

SNIPER grabbed the sword and pulled with all of his might. He could feel the first drops of a violent rain storm lash against his face. Still he pulled on the sword, until it gave up it's hold on the ground. SNIPER could feel great power within him as he held it.

He held it toward the skies as a sign of victory.

Grix didn't like this change in the weather. Not one bit. Why had it changed so suddenly? He could feel something strange in the air. "That way!" He cried, pointing towards a clearing nearby as thunder crashed in his ears and lightning lit up the skies.

"Aaaarghhhh!" Cried SNIPER as he was thrown to the ground. A lightning bolt had struck the sword and flowed through his body.

Your Honour was the first into the clearing. "It's SNIPER" he said, "Or at least it was...." he said, looking at the charred remains of his former companion.

"It looks as if we weren't the first at the scene" Said Ant, pointing towards some footprints leading out of the clearing. Next to these was a strange track, much like that that would be left be a sword, being dragged through grass........
Page:
Sat 02/06/01 at 22:06
Regular
"qwertyuiop!!"
Then ZP had a shower to wash of the sweat and went back to bed and carryed on dreaming....

....The enemy walked slowly up to ZP and saw he was badly injured laughed and filled him with bullets leaving him dead.

BANG, BANG, BANG....UUURrrrggg h h h. Slump.

hmmm, whats this he said.

ZP's enemy knelt down and prised the sword out of his cold dead fingers.

It looks like the great mighty sword, haha I've found the great mighty sword, ZP had it all along.

He stood there legs apart and brought the sword above his head and the room was filled with light and the sword started taking it in and glowing, the enemy pointed the sword at ZP and let loose the most destructive beam ever known to man splattering my remains all over the room and then disappearing forever.

I then woke up again in a sweat..."wow I dreamt I had the great mighty sword...Weird"!
Sat 02/06/01 at 21:58
Regular
Zelda pro woke up in a sweat...

Ofcourse, it was only a dream...

Dan found hell. He flew through slowly looking at the Dark reddish scenery. A few Daemons he'd killed earlier in the story attacked him but they didn't manage to do much.

He flew straight to the throne where the mighty Devil sat.
He handed over the bottle to the Devil who smiled.

"I've been wanting this one for years. He never died though. Nice to see that someone was able to get him down here. I owe you a favour. What'll it be?"

Dan bowed "I would like to know about the one named Sniper. And how he manages to come back to life all the time. What is his secret."

The Devil scowled. He really didn't like Sniper, the Hell escapee but he had to give his part of the bargin.

"ok" he wispered in Dans ear "Don't tell anyone now..."

All the Daemons watched, trying to listen in. They didn't hear a thing. They hoped that Dan hadn't heard either so the Devil would have to repeat it but they saw that that wouldn't happen as Dan nodded and went "ahhhh!"

Dan soared out of hell. So THAT'S how Sniper did it. Unfortunately, he wouldn't get the chance to do it himself for another 5 weeks. Still, the afterlife was such a great place. He thought of all the dead consoles he could play...

The Dreamcast, the PS2, the Xbox, the PS3...

For some reason, people still played on the Gamecube in the normal world but that was on it's way out with the N-chip gradually replacing it...
Sat 02/06/01 at 21:56
Regular
A large black weight, with a large number on it, followed by a KG, landed on Zeldapro.

Grix, still unsure why people thought the Overlord was conrolling him in the Blade Runner story, decided that has been too long since something had happened.

---------------

The pale faced man looked down into the room... yes... it would be interesting, at least.

The 1000th Sniper was hurried into the room. The man watched closely as they all took their seats at the typewriters, and began banging the keys with their hands.

Perhaps it would take a while for them to realise that they couldn't play Unreal Tournament on it, but the final result would be quite interesting.

The man walked away from the platform, and fell the several feet to the floor. He landed with a

*click*

---------------

The Snipers followed Pb and the small band... one Sniper drew out a blow pipe.

"You know, nobody writes about us anymore." Pb said, silently. "Perhaps we're a lost cause."

The Sniper clone took aim and fired the blow pipe at Pb...

He missed, and hit Sniper in the leg. The poison dripped into Snipers veins...

Some time later, the Sniper clones ran out of ammo, and headed back. Sniper took a few more steps, then fell on his back...

All the darts, placed rather randomly on the back of his body, popped up through his skin.

"It's been a while since he died as well." Pb noted. "Perhaps people aren't so interested in that either."

And, to end the post, Grix decided to write

*click*
Sat 02/06/01 at 21:46
Regular
"qwertyuiop!!"
Then the one they call Meka used an acient Egyptian spell to bring him back to life but using an evil spell he brought him back to life with an hellish army that then spread destruction about the world.

He himself was different and transformed like a huge XBOX ugly and huge, and destroyed and wiped out anyone who dared to step into his way.

ZP was from Nintendo currently in development of the GameCube both of the same abilities of an XBOX, and was sent to send him back where he came from.

A controller was taken from each of them and a newly developed game was shoved in...it was a Matrix Simulator each used different styles of fighting.

ZP tried using link's sword techniques while deflecting shots from his enemies HALO style gun.

AAARRRRGGGHHHH...ZP had been hit.....
Sat 02/06/01 at 21:39
Regular
If Dan had been watching down on this part of the story
then he would've pointed out that Grix was still under the Overlords control at that point in the story. But he was busy in the afterlife right now...

Dan was vertical, slowly edging forward under the bar...

The bottle fell out of his pocket. Dan remembered...

The Overlord. He had to deliver him to hell. He went to St Peter and told him of the errand. Peter nodded and opened the gates. Before stepping through, Dan had a question.

"My friend Sniper spends a lot of time in the afterlife. Does he come by here much?"

"No. I've seen him pass by a few times though. He always goes to hell. Ask around while you deliver the Overlord, you might here of his whereabouts"

Dan took of and using his new yellow wings (you had to achieve Saint status before they became gold) he flew torwards hell to deliver the bottle. The spirit of the Overlord sulked inside it. It's so embarrasing when you try to possess someone and they end up catching you in a bottle...
Sat 02/06/01 at 20:33
Regular
"smile, it's free"
"You know I could've sworn I wasn't in this story either" VenomByte said

"This is the film version, remember? The director thought it would make for more interesting viewing, what with you having to avoid eye contact with your other self, and all."

"Oh. Where is the director?"

"He's over there, behind that camera."

"Oh yes, he looks like he's deep in thought."

"Yes. He's contemplating whether to refresh his memory from the BladeRunner story, or carry on regardless."

"Does he know the camera's still rolling?"

"I doubt it." replied YH

"So when does Grix next appear in the blade runner story?"
YH asked

"He's briefly mentioned to be watching the group on monitors, then we find out he's in a VW campervan, and he meets them at the cave that time forgot. He then kills Snake... a few times, and runs off away from everyone down the cave."

"So the sniper clone will try to do something obvious, like - "

"SHHHH! That bit hasn't been written yet!"

Some mumbling is heard from the director. YH, VB and the orc king look up.

"Oh, for christs sake, CUT!" yells the director

----------------------------------

SonicRav waited in the ominously silent hall of mirrors. Where had Ant gone? Why was it so silent? If he didn't know better, he'd swear it had gotten colder in here all of a sudden, too.

Then he saw it. Barely noticable at first, but gradually more clearly visible. He could see it in the reflections, a thin, wispy, green mist. Something about it sent a chill deep down SonicRav's spine, and left him with just one thought.

Get out. Fast.

He looked left, and he looked right, but the reflection of the mist was everywhere, it was impossible to tell where it really was. SonicRav started to run. Knees weak with fear, he struglled to get through the maze. He ran left and right, not caring about the mirros he ran into. The terror was such that he didn't notice the pain, or the cold, sweaty palmprints he left on the mirrors. Suddenly, he reached a dead end. He tried all the sides, but it was no good, they were all mirrors. The reflection of the mist was getting closer now, it's reflection in the mirror was bigger. SonicRav turned round to head back, and fled.

Almost as quickly, he stopped. In front of him, was the green mist. He hoped against all his senses that it was only a cruel reflection, or a trick of his terrified mind, but it wasn't. The mist swirled towards him, surrounding him. SonicRav felt it around him, stinging his eyes, flowing in through his nose and mouth. He exhaled quickly, to try to expel it, but the fumes made him choke, and things only got worse. He leant against a mirror for support, coughing violently as the strange mist entered every inch of his body. His legs weakened, and he slowly collapsed to the ground.

The evil pb mist was doing it's work.
Sat 02/06/01 at 19:01
Regular
Dan_Uk stood outside the pearly gates...

A man dressed in white approuched him. "Hello there, you must be Dan_Uk."

"Why yes!" Dan smiled, he was going to heaven.

"I'm supposed to tell you that you have to spend eternity in limbo."

"Oh. Ok."

The man in white finished the conversation, and looked up and over Dan.

"Err... how do I get to limbo?"

The man pointed to a door.

Dan walked through. He sat down in the middle of the room... The room was made of four walls, one celing and a floor. They were all white.

The door had gone.

The room was described.

Dan rocked back and forth.

-----------------

"What time period are we in!"

The Sniper clone tried to stop Your Honour from shaking him with every syllable he mouthed...

"Please stop shaking me."

"No."

The Sniper clone sighed.

"We have gone back seven years. We are now in the middle of the 'A bleak, bleak future story.'"

"WHAT!"

Grix had done it again. He expected everyone to go back, read a damn story, JUST so they would understand what the hell was happening in THIS one!

"I'm going to kill him." VenomByte said...

"Who?"

"Never mind."

A tardis appeared out of no-where... and landed on the top of a hill.

"VenomByte, I wasn't in this story... what's going on?"

People emerged from the tardis. Pb walked out, and vanished into thin air. Then others walked out, Ant, Meka, FantasyMeister... there was VenomByte. He remembered in Back to the Future that the Doc said that if you met your future self, you would cause the world to explode.

Or something.

The people looked around for Pb. The future Venombyte, Your Honour, the Orc King, and the Sniper clone ducked out of view.

The guys from the tardis all pointed to the factory, and ran up to it.

Ant ran ahead, and fell in a hole. There were some mumblings, and the group continued.

"Why is Grix wearing a coat hanger, a seat cover, and some fairy liquid bottles?"

"It's a disguise, he's the enemy in this story."

"Heh? Why didn't you recognise him?"

"I dunno. We were all much younger and naive all those years ago."

The gang run into the factory... Your Honour managed to see barrels starting to roll around inside.

"Oh yes! I remember! Sniper is in there dressed up like Donkey Kong. He's holding Pb hostage, and we all go in there and rescue Pb. Ant dresses up like Lara Croft in a moment, it's quite funny."

VenomByte looked around for faces. The Orc King and Your Honour watched on.

The Sniper clone... where was the Sniper clone?

He must have gone to kill Grix...

If he was expecting him to read the Blade Runner story again, perhaps it was a good idea.

Grix came running out of the factory, and fell into the same hole as Ant.

Grix climbed out... VenomByte swore that Grix was taking off his clothes, revealing something underneath...

"Like Superman."

"Thanks Your Honour."

VenomByte began to wonder why there haven't been any references to the Terminator yet...

And then VenomByte realised.

"Grix goes missing at this point, and we don't write about what happens... we see him later on tv, dressed as Batman."

"So?..."

"The plot is clear, we can do whatever the hell we want with it."

"As long as we don't alter the time lines." The Orc King added, now suddenly interested in the proceeding story.

"Yeah... now, lets get going. The Sniper clone may already be ahead."
Sat 02/06/01 at 18:33
Regular
So Dan was alone on a train which was about to crash.

And everyone else had disappeared...

A window was open, a perfect place to escape only...

After he'd been told about this world at the asylum...

If Sniper could die and come back to life...

Perhaps he could visit the afterlife, deposit the Overlord which who still in the bottle and then he could come back to life to sort out the next problem.

Grix clearly wanted to be left alone, everyone else seemed to have their hands full...

Why not?

Dan sat down. The train crashed...
Sat 02/06/01 at 18:24
Regular
"smile, it's free"
"Plot ahoy!"

"Arrr, Where be it, sonny?"

"Should be just coming into view now cap'n"

"Arrr, that be good, that be good. Set a course due West!"

"North"

"North, then."

------------------------

Meka woke from his daymare (like a nightmare, but in the day. Obviously), and looked around to see which part of the story he was now in.

"Damn Damn Damn Damn!" Meka cursed to himself

"Hi" said The Game

"Hi" said Dan

"Oh well. better make the best of this. Where is this train going?"

"Just towards that unfinished section of.. OH MY GOD, THE TRACK'S NOT FINISHED, WE'RE ALL GOING TO DIE!!!!"

Dan turned back to look inside the carriage. That was strange, Meka and The Game had vanished...

---------------

YH, VenomByte and the Orc king headed to Swordspines offices.

The Sniper clone was one step ahead of them, though.

However, being only one step in front of them, they saw him quite easily.

"Look, it's that Sniper clone that's trying to kill Grix, or somthing similar!"

"Quick, let's get him!"

The sniper clone turned on his heels and fled.

However, turning on his heels meant he was facing the trio, and he ran straight into them. YH grabbed him firmly.

"Aha! Now we can ask him some questions, so as to further our understanding of the plot."
Sat 02/06/01 at 17:58
Regular
Ignoring any sign of a plot, Toejam and Earl mooched onto the scene. They strode on, to a funky hip hop beat, and stood still.

They looked at the camera, clicked their fingers while pointing, winked, and mooched on away.

The plot, wherever and whatever it was, tried to carry on.
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.