GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"World of Warcraft: Cataclysm"

The "PC Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'World of Warcraft: Cataclysm'.
Tue 01/09/09 at 11:44
Mon 18/10/10 at 09:05
Staff Moderator
"Show Me Your Moves"
Cataclysm Cinematic Intro

This is actually superb! December 7th cannot come quick enough!
Thu 14/10/10 at 15:57
Staff Moderator
"Show Me Your Moves"
Ineedsleep wrote:
Do you have a fire mage? Apparantly they outstrip all other DPS classes but may be fun to play until they get gimped back to us mortals.

No, my arcane mage is sitting mid-40's in Feralas. Although I think mages, spriests and demo locks were nerfed this morning (along with buffs for rets, fury and kitties) as they were completely out-of-whack.

Ineedsleep wrote:
Have the drakes always cast a shadow when in flight? First time I noticed it and I was "ohhhh look!", like the new water effects as well.

The drake shadows are new, I believe, but as the shadow casting is probably the biggest FPS hog, they were quickly turned off.
Thu 14/10/10 at 14:59
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
Think tweaking my graphics is going to be the final step. I had a lot of problems with lag last night and crashed the computer twice. Eventually some numpty (mentioning no names!) worked out her "out of date" addons were well and truely out of date. I've loaded in the new ones but think that Titanpanel is still causing some issues :(

A big thanks though guys. Due to the various conversations and links here I wasn't one of the noobs running around crying and throwing their teddies out of their cots because this or that had changed or moved. Not that I would have asked in trade but it saved me having to google everything anew :D

I also like the new interfaces, actually I loved all of what I experienced last night. New emblems meant I could afford the gloves I'd been saving frosties for, re-forged all my gear to move spirit into mastery, dispaired at the cost of gems and glyphs, then chuckled at the fact that the most hard working members of our guild were obviously having problems logging on from SA :D

Instead of being the last to try stuff; myself and 1 other UK member were the first at getting sorted.

Do you have a fire mage? Apparantly they outstrip all other DPS classes but may be fun to play until they get gimped back to us mortals.

Have the drakes always cast a shadow when in flight? First time I noticed it and I was "ohhhh look!", like the new water effects as well.

Oops, going to hush now for a least 1 hour :D
Thu 14/10/10 at 13:09
Staff Moderator
"Show Me Your Moves"
So, I eventually go on last night and spent the best part of 2 hours sorting my UI out, and playing around with the new Holy Pally talents. I do like the improved graphics they have pushed with this patch, although the 'recommended settings' screwed my fps somewhat.

Lowering the shadow, clutter and sun shafts soon fixed that though and I am now enjoying much clearer graphics than pre-4.0.1. :)
Wed 13/10/10 at 16:11
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
oh lordie^^ Now that is what I call a pretty mess :D
Wed 13/10/10 at 15:33
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
I thought I'd already downloaded everything previously as well. To be honest the download didn't take long it's the Blizzard updater part that is taking it's own sweet time ><
Wed 13/10/10 at 15:03
Staff Moderator
"Show Me Your Moves"
Luckily I had all the files already downloaded, so left it installing when I left for work. From what my guildies tell me, there is another patch to download and install once this has finished...

When I get home I just want to get home and play about with my new spells and not spend the evening downloading more patches!
Wed 13/10/10 at 14:58
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
Just sat here twiddling my thumbs while waiting for the 5.29 GB patch to finish loading... :)
Mon 11/10/10 at 14:31
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
Sadly I had to watch that twice as I wasn't really listening the first time :S
Mon 11/10/10 at 13:02
Staff Moderator
"Show Me Your Moves"
I was waiting for a release date before I pre-ordered it :)

Slightly off-topic, anybody watch the F1 yesterday?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.