GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"World of Warcraft: Cataclysm"

The "PC Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'World of Warcraft: Cataclysm'.
Tue 01/09/09 at 11:44
Tue 23/11/10 at 14:43
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
lol - I guess I'd better move the mage then as well. Where are you getting the info from? I went a searching and gave up, primarily because I've been rewatching the opening scenes. I still get goosebumps and a prickly scalp when I watch them and I'm positively chomping at the bit to dive into the expansion. I don't remember being this excited about Outlands or WotLK!

I'm also torn between rushing my main to 85, along with the new secondary skill and levelling the new Worgen (given up on changing Sleepy the rusty warrior, she'll stay a night elf) so that I get to experience all the new quests.

It's not FAIR! Still soooooo long to wait :(
Tue 23/11/10 at 12:54
Staff Moderator
"Show Me Your Moves"
They will all get moved in the morning, to prevent people loading mid-air or under a burning building everybody will be ported to the nearest graveyard.

And there was me thinking I was clever hiding my shammy in the very spot DW blows up The Park :(
Tue 23/11/10 at 09:29
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
Well I moved them all except the mage. I left them all huddled around the arrival points like homeless drifters... :(
Mon 22/11/10 at 16:58
Staff Moderator
"Show Me Your Moves"
Ineedsleep wrote:
Removed for ever? That will suck - how would you get to Dal? Unless there will be a new portal to take you there from the old starting zones. Hmmm... problems, problems, problems.

The 'old fashioned' way, using the boats from Menethil and Stormwind. Personally, I will be picking up the Argent Tournament tabard on my main tomorrow which ports you back there every hour, in case I ever needed to go back.

If you don't like IF, go to SW, it is getting a new AH this week in the Dwarven district to go along with the moved one in the Trade District.
Mon 22/11/10 at 15:00
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
Removed for ever? That will suck - how would you get to Dal? Unless there will be a new portal to take you there from the old starting zones. Hmmm... problems, problems, problems.

I hate IF and SW so usually go to Darn when I need the AH but Darn is so far away for the 'hub' of everything happening! I can't go to IF, I really can't. Spent the last 12 months constantly taking the skit out of a friend who forever camps there (Dal tends to DC her). She is going to wet herself if I move all my chars there :)

So, in the time it took to type the above, I've decided to move my main to Darn and leave all the little alts in Dal. Then I'll get the guild mages to move me as necessary. That sounds like a plan!

Sixth anniversary tomorrow but no new pet? That sucks as well :D

Also it sucks (that is now my word of the week) that on release day you can change any of your chars to Worgen / Goblin automatically. While it will take pressure off the new starting zones I'd have left the char change option out on release and introduced it 30 days later. I have a level 80 tank that has been left to rust and I'm soooo tempted to change her over now ><

Will still level another Worgen from scratch as well though
Mon 22/11/10 at 13:41
Staff Moderator
"Show Me Your Moves"
Well, it has now been confirmed that 'The Shattering' (i.e. Deathwing popping up to say Hello by burning half of Azeroth) is happening this week after the server reset on Wednesday.

As the portals in Dalaran are being removed with this patch, it might be a good idea to move all your alts back to the Old World before they are a long flight and boat trip away from the new levelling zones.
Tue 16/11/10 at 14:17
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
Yeah. Well i jonied in this morning.

Suprised they did it this soon though, as the lag in capitals is gonna be pretty haeavy, but hey... if my conn can handle it, then the majority can.

All four bosses down this morning. Thought the gold rewards were a bit silly. Got 2 bits of 251 dps gear though so not all bad.
Tue 16/11/10 at 14:01
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
Did we all get involved in the mass chaos last night? I was trying to wander through SW and felt like screaming " get out of my way for goodness sake!" :D

Just a sea of blue names in front of me...

I did, however, go to play with the new bosses that opened up. A friend was a little peeved that he'd farmed and farmed and farmed ICC only for the new bosses to drop nice trinkets of a similar type ><
Fri 29/10/10 at 12:00
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
Was thinking more like at the end of the raid having 3 fights. Example:

First encounter - Kologarn style, where Wing hangs over the edge and you attack his face. Facemelt!

2nd - You are inside him, or riding him. You decide :D

3rd - The family come in and batter him a bit, and he is left in another controllable (humanoid or smaller dragon etc) and ultimately destroyable form.
Thu 28/10/10 at 13:18
Staff Moderator
"Show Me Your Moves"
An entire dungeon spent fighting one boss? Can't imagine that going down too well, plus they would quickly run out of encounter designs.

Guess we wont know for sure until 2012 but, based on all the raid bosses released so far, I wouldn't be surprised if it is something we have never seen before!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.