GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The "Punchbag" Thread"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 27/07/09 at 23:17
Regular
"How Ironic"
Everybody loves a winge. There's nothing worse than gathering up all that pent up rage. So post what really gets on your nerves on this thread for debate or discussion (but please, keep it clean ;D)

I'll start.

I get really annoyed with people who stop in the middle of the road to go the shop. "But i'll only be 5 minutes". Well 5 minutes is too long for me baby! *crashes into the car* (i don't even drive ;D)
Fri 31/07/09 at 16:30
Regular
"I like turtles"
Athool wrote:
Lots of naughty stuff that shouldn't be quoted.

sorry

Don't mind if I choose not to respond.Can't be doing with anymore of this crap to be honest.
Fri 31/07/09 at 16:29
Regular
Why, what did I do wrong?
Fri 31/07/09 at 16:25
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
Athool wrote:

Oh dear Ath. Bye bye.
Fri 31/07/09 at 16:22
Regular
ButchML Edit This is a family forum and you are well aware of the rules. Anybody who read this can have no arguments about this particular ban.
Fri 31/07/09 at 16:18
Regular
"I like turtles"
Stryke wrote:
I just remembered Nin doesn't post here anymore
That makes me happy

Why would that make you (or anyone else for that matter ) happy ?.
Fri 31/07/09 at 14:08
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
Well done Grix for the long post. I'd been around for just over a year at the point when the events you desrcibed happened. And you explained it well for the others that weren't around at the time.

I remember getting three votes on one occasion in a notable elction. I have been subtley hinting at a similar feature for sometime (obviously, not being a notable for ever, just for the month - too few of us for the old style way).

I too remember being frustrated by the magic swear filter. Wouldn't even let me put "screwdriver" in a post... I think every other word in the dictionary was banned at one point! Much better now though.

The reason I never joined "the others" (to be said in LOST fashion...) on PM was due to me not getting on with the forum system. Also had a few more friends that stayed here. Nothing personal, just a preferred choice. But if you were all to stay around, the forum would look a bit livlier and who knows, it may reach a stage where it resembles the old forums.

*I think the sexual abuse thread was my one...I wondered where my mini-life story had gone

Stryke wrote:
> I just remembered Nin doesn't post here anymore
> That makes me happy

Sorry to destroy the illusion...he does drop by occasionally. He's not too bad!

And to be on topic... Friday mornings... too many people in one clinic!
Thu 30/07/09 at 22:32
Regular
I just remembered Nin doesn't post here anymore
That makes me happy
Thu 30/07/09 at 21:57
Regular
"How Ironic"
Warhunt wrote:

> these are the Freeola forums now.
> Something quite different.

> The users here enjoy the place,

> but think everyone is happy enough.

Amen to that.
Thu 30/07/09 at 21:44
Regular
"You've upset me"
Nice GAD attempt, Grix ;)
Thu 30/07/09 at 19:19
Regular
Woohoo, permission to go off topic as much as we like

If we treat Freeola as a brand new forum then, just started with only a few members.. I know it's unlikely and what not, but if I really did have one suggestion for getting more members here, take GADs away from reviews, cheats and walkthroughs, and give them to discussions instead. That's how it started, and it worked fantastically. There were always blatent GAD attempts, obviously, but with the openness to write about absolutely anything you wanted to, it not only gave a massive boost in the competitiveness of writing, it then increased the quality, and it attracted new members and very quickly.

It will be a slightly different job of choosing the GADs, it's certainly easier to award for cheats/reviews, but with the discussions there's a hell of a lot more variety. To begin with also, and I still think it's relevant, they wouldn't award a prize if they didn't feel anything decent enough was done on that day.

Then people start getting reaaally creative in order to try and win. I think it's the way to go again, personally.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.