GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The "Punchbag" Thread"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 27/07/09 at 23:17
Regular
"How Ironic"
Everybody loves a winge. There's nothing worse than gathering up all that pent up rage. So post what really gets on your nerves on this thread for debate or discussion (but please, keep it clean ;D)

I'll start.

I get really annoyed with people who stop in the middle of the road to go the shop. "But i'll only be 5 minutes". Well 5 minutes is too long for me baby! *crashes into the car* (i don't even drive ;D)
Thu 30/07/09 at 17:18
Regular
I think the basic story is along the lines of at one point there were thousands of posts a day (Over 2000 on some days in a row, I think the general average was around 1500-1000 posts) - and it was full of things like fictional writing (The Short Story Competitions were popular), plenty of gaming chat, and just general misenthropy and fun. There were laughable threads, and there were some pretty deep discussions about drug use, from people who'd been experienced in the area. People told stories about their lives, and it was probably because of that openness and ability to be able to talk frankly about problems that resulted in us getting to know each other so well. That and we made each other laugh. Swearing was filtered, but as long as you filtered yourself, it was fine. Occasionally a few little spurts kicked off between users, but it was left to be and things sorted themselves out. There were joint stories written, and were pages and pages long of people enjoying themselves in that community, and it was great fun. We also had notables, in which the users would vote for the best users on here that stood out from the rest, and I think there were more notables then than there are active users now. I was the second notable made, and was never removed.

GADs were awarded for a massive range of different posts, and there were even multiple cliques on here, rather than about 10 people in one 'family'

Then it was decided that the forum should become more family orientated, and questioning about it came up with very little idea of why it was happening. A few redesigns were used, and everyone was a bit uncomfortable but just went along with it for the time being. At one point though someone basically dropped the entire dictionary of 'dangerous words' into the swear filter, which resulted in words like 'tubes' being a swear word and would stop you from posting.

Things kicked off a bit, and it was asked if that could be reverted. It wasn't. People started getting quite peeved at such a popular place that we'd enjoyed using for years being changed into something that it wasn't before. Topics of discussion were banned, such as the afforementioned drug use, I distinctly remember a topic concerning a user that had been sexually abused being deleted, which I found disgusting at the time that something like that could have been removed.

Further gripes went on and it came to a clash, multiple people got banned, including some notables. When Tony sold SR to his son, which then went under a few months later, the forums vanished, and we all grouped together (that's how strong the community was) and one of the previous notables (one that was banned) built forums for us to use. We're still there now.

When the Freeola forums returned, a few of us came back to visit and see how things were, Pb for one stayed here whilst the rest migrated, and people like me, Miss NY and Tim come back and forth between them.

And just to keep on topic, I didn't like the fall of SR much.
Thu 30/07/09 at 17:15
Regular
"\\"
Are we some sort of taboo? Do we have something in our teeth or something, I don't understand.
Thu 30/07/09 at 17:12
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
I don't think the site is a big secret anyway. ;) Was just trying to be friendly about it....
Thu 30/07/09 at 17:00
Regular
"You've upset me"
Warhunt wrote:
> Ha ha the original Emmie. :D
>
> Odd to see so many old users kicking about together still.
> Would be nice if I was around when you guys were but
> alas......newb :S

It's almost as if we're all still together on a chat forum somewhere else... Mad. I could even tell you the name of it, but I think it's still in the swearfilter :P Tubes

People who have no ideas about the social conventions surrounding legroom on public transport. Get yer feet out of my legs personal space you bell
Thu 30/07/09 at 16:52
Regular
i hate nothing because hate is such a hateful word
am i doing it right
Thu 30/07/09 at 16:42
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
Ha ha the original Emmie. :D

Odd to see so many old users kicking about together still. Would be nice if I was around when you guys were but alas......newb :S
Thu 30/07/09 at 16:14
Regular
"\\"
People other than me claiming to be "Emmie".

Awful.
Thu 30/07/09 at 16:05
Regular
Me too.

I very much dislike people who think it's wrong to laugh at something, as if laughing blocks out all other emotions.
Thu 30/07/09 at 15:23
Regular
"Twenty quid."
Back on-topic:

I hate people who look away and remain dignified.

:P
Thu 30/07/09 at 15:21
Regular
I didn't notice you eating, and you're excused anyway as most of your mashed food ends up running down your chin

I try to look away and remain dignified

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.