GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Why the GC will Fail like the DC"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 17/03/01 at 19:05
Regular
Nintendo is marketing is console at gamers... which is why the GC will fail.

X-Box and PS are both squarly aimed primarily at the middle market...

This is the market where the cash is... though no-one single middle market games-player will ever buy as many games as a single hobbyist gamer...

The number of middle market players is where the money is...

And given the cost of producing a console, and titles capible of competing in todays market the Nintendo wont have enough buyers cash to make this possible...

There may be one more full size console left in Nintendo... but its future is left only as a handheld machine...

(at least until Sony & Microsoft dicede to attak the market)
Sun 18/03/01 at 20:49
Grix Thraves wrote:
> So because I don't see Nintendo as a kiddies company, then I'm not a
> casual gamer?

It's true that Nintendo do have kids games, but the PSX/2 has Bob the builder and tellytubbies, and many more, so when we have Mario, they have BTB, now, whos, childish?
Sun 18/03/01 at 20:49
Regular
Havent had a drink in a week!?!? No wonder your posting some good arguments!!

:-)
Sun 18/03/01 at 20:46
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
Grix Thraves wrote:
> So because I don't see Nintendo as a kiddies company, then I'm not a
> casual gamer?

Hey... no fair mixing discussions... I'm an easily confused bloke...

(also I havnt had a drink in over a week... so sympathy is also required!)

:)
Sun 18/03/01 at 20:41
Regular
You're probably right, i just dont like to see things decided by the mass market, cos they are normally wrong!

:-)
Sun 18/03/01 at 20:41
Regular
So because I don't see Nintendo as a kiddies company, then I'm not a casual gamer?
Sun 18/03/01 at 20:37
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
Your Honour wrote:
We wont really know until all of the
> console have been around for at LEAST 6-12 months.

Aye but then it'll be no fun arguing about it...

Shanks : GC will fail

Your Honor : Who cares were all dying fom the fallout from WW3

Shanks : I suppose there are other things to think about

:)

Also, as i've
> said before, i think that the company that will succed will be the
> one that gets most support from Sega, which straight away puts Sony
> out of the equation. Leaving just the X and the 'Cube, out of these
> the 'Cube will probably win because a lot of people wont buy the X
> because its made by Microsoft.

But if you ask the average casual gamer who nintendo is... they will refer to it as a kiddies company... and wont go near its consoles with a barge pole...

Most non-computer/console people dont feel the same animosity toward MS as we would... In fact the familiarity with the company + the generally held belief of its success and ability will probably run in its favour...

Especially since although its not going to advertise the fact... but definitly not going to hide the fact that the XBox will (with some Xtra software) be able to run Dreamcast & PS1 titles
Sun 18/03/01 at 20:31
Regular
Thats a fair point Shanks, but i think that sega's demise was down to more than just sony.

We wont really know until all of the console have been around for at LEAST 6-12 months.

Also, as i've said before, i think that the company that will succed will be the one that gets most support from Sega, which straight away puts Sony out of the equation. Leaving just the X and the 'Cube, out of these the 'Cube will probably win because a lot of people wont buy the X because its made by Microsoft.
Sun 18/03/01 at 20:27
Regular
Maybe Sega and Nintendo would succeed without Sony?
Sun 18/03/01 at 20:11
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
Your Honour wrote:
> SOrry if this has already been done becuase i havent read all of the
> posts.

I think the 'Cube will succed because its the only machine
> made by a games company, Sony and Micrsoft arent games
> companies.

Simple as that.

Didnt stop Sony ouselling every other console with the PS1... also being solely responsible for the current mainstream enjoyment of consoles... and also responcible for making consoles seen as an adult 18-35 activity rather than just for kids?... AND also being a major playing in the failure of the DC (SEGA being a games company?)
Sun 18/03/01 at 20:10
Regular
nintendo is simon wrote:
> YOUR HAVING A LAUGH! Nintendo are giants and will never.... EVER
> fall! you over estimate the chances of the PS2 (.1) and X-box my
> friend.

Damn right Nintendo sell Sega didn't Nintendo will not fall they will be around for Hundreds of years

Sony go back to making TV's

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.