GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Dragon must die"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 09/03/01 at 11:01
Regular
My fellow countrymen...

I gather ye here on this cold and grey winter's day to enlist your help.

The Dragon which goes by the name of Meka hath returned to terrorise our once peaceful land. We thought we were rid of the beast, but no!

Though the fire may be gone from his belly, he is back to shatter our peace and tranquility with his awful voice and corny songs!

But I say 'No more!'

We must rise up together and defend our homes, our children, and our country from this scourge! Only this morning, the sound of 'Agadoo' could be heard booming from the hills. But this wan't just any 'Agadoo' - oh no. This was a perverse, twisted version - created by the creature to have a profoundly damaging effect on the minds, hearts and souls of our people.

Now I ask you, my friends... is this the sort of land where you wish to raise your children? Of course it isn't! So we must head to the cave in the hills and slay this hideous beast before it is to late.

Who is with me?
Sat 10/03/01 at 16:45
Regular
Sorry mate,ive only been on here a few days, i'll see if i can find it though, sounds intriguing (sp?).
Sat 10/03/01 at 13:29
Regular
"not dead"
I did YMCA before Xmas!

It became S-E-G-A!

I think it might be easier to find on the Dreamcast forum?
Sat 10/03/01 at 13:25
Regular
Ok, what others should you do a parody for?
How about YMCA?
It could go something like:
X-B-O-X
Oh whos gonna buy an
X-B-O-X?

Im sure someone else can carry that on!
Sat 10/03/01 at 13:23
Regular
Armatige Shanks wrote:
> ssxpro wrote:
> St. George`s Legal Eagle
> wrote:
>"PseudoSavant" is
> obviously a similar
> creature, for we all know that 'pseudo'
>
> means 'false'.
>

Does it? So that means that when you are
> programming, and
> you write out a pseudo code before hand, it is
> false and
> therefore meaningless. Really?

Pseudo also means resembling or
> imitating...

That would fit better.
Sat 10/03/01 at 13:20
Regular
"not dead"
Chris Moyles has done a parody of Uptown Girl on Radio1.

It goes a little something like this:

Number1
You know it's gonna be a number1
something something plain to see
Cause all the profits go to charity......

Quite funny.
Sat 10/03/01 at 13:18
Regular
Do one for Comic Relief, up town console or something, its got to be better than that westlifer cr@p anyway!
Sat 10/03/01 at 13:15
Regular
"not dead"
It's a fair cop Guv.

Okay, I'll call an end to my songs for now.

I'd like to say that Witness#1 song was very good. I too have once parodied Blur (Song Playstation2).

But let this be a warning to you all, I haven't quit my song writing, just gone into a temporary hibernation.

A bit like Shaggy really, only rarely releasing songs, but always making an impact!

So no more songs until at least April from me, then if anyone else posts any songs, I shall again issue my warning.

If this is ignored the songs shall return.

Also come Xmas I shall only post songs if there is another charity appeal!
Fri 09/03/01 at 23:53
Regular
After much deliberation I have decided to release a statement explainig exactly why I chose the given punishment for Meka_Dragon.

First for the defence: The fact that he won TWO game-a-day's with his song like postings. Either utter rubbish was posted on those particular days, or Ali has absolutley NO taste. Agreed enough notice was given and er-no did, indeed, break an alleged treaty.

I cannot susbscribe to the sympathy vote for the fact that he is about to lose his record deal, write better songs, then you may not lose you deal.

I fear that the suggestion by both myself and the prosecution may not be enough to stop this onslaught of song parodies which are now starting to plague the SR forums. From alleged "witty ditty's" that Meka has posted IN THIS VERY THREAD, to complete travesties of song writing and blatant plagerism (sp ?) of well known classics. This cannot continue, from one "harmless" parody we have little song like posts all over the place. Witness#1 gave his whole evidence in song form, there is no place for this sort of ambiguity anywhere in these forums.

Er-no and FantasyMeister have already jumped up on the "humurous song" bandwagon, I fear it will not be long until the whole of these forums are filled with these time wasting posts!

The "Agadoo" parody pushed me to my limits when I read your version, I was offened, nay, astonished at what I was reading. I thought these forums were full of young, enthusiastic people, who ever knows all the words to that song well enough to re-write them, and still FIT IT TO THE TUNE, should hang their head in shame. The Queen parody was reasonably witty, and, if it had not been preceded by the Agadoo, then I would not have had to hand down a setence as harsh as the one that i have.

Thus lies the reasoning behind my sentence.
Fri 09/03/01 at 23:52
Regular

"We can't let this dragon die! He's a one-of-a-kind and can give newbie's tips"

Fri 09/03/01 at 23:32
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
ssxpro wrote:
> St. George`s Legal Eagle wrote:
>"PseudoSavant" is
> obviously a similar creature, for we all know that 'pseudo'
>
> means 'false'.

Does it? So that means that when you are
> programming, and you write out a pseudo code before hand, it is
> false and therefore meaningless. Really?

Pseudo also means resembling or imitating...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.