GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Some HHAT Comments - The Matrix"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 12/05/03 at 21:19
Regular
Yup, just saw The Matrix yesterday for the first time ever and here are a couple of things that went through my head.

It was simple, why was it made out to be so complicated?
Bullet-time was under-used
Hand to hand combat was rather crap
Mon 12/05/03 at 23:35
Regular
"That's right!"
Look, I didn't know ANYTHING about the Matrix when I saw it, so I saw it with no expectations. When you saw it, you MUST have heard stuff about it, whether it be good or bad.

I always try to avoid reviews of films before I see them, because if they point things out I'll be watching the film looking for the things the reviewer didn't like. I'll be doing that instead of enjoying the film. That's what I believe you did.

So shut it, before I set Stryke on you.
Mon 12/05/03 at 23:33
Regular
No, you're an ar-se.
Mon 12/05/03 at 23:31
Regular
"That's right!"
Shut up, I'm right.
Mon 12/05/03 at 23:30
Regular
I saw it for the first time (all the way through) about a month ago in the Easter holidays.

That doesn't make my opinion any less valid than yours, so don't try and tell me what I have to do and what I have to beleive.
Mon 12/05/03 at 23:24
Regular
"That's right!"
Everything from Neo walking into the government building onwards is amazing cinema. Even the ending is good.

I missed it at the cinema (damn my friend for saying it was nothing special) but watched it with a few mates on video. I was totally into it, and the Neo/Smith fight was amazing, and the bit where he got up and beat the heck out of Smith was amazing too.

If you're watching a film that you've heard SO much hype for, it's very easy to just say "No, this is crap." I did it with Lord Of The Rings. It's certainly no masterpiece, but it was much better the second time around, when I watched it expecting it to be crap again.

If you were any kind of film fan, you would've seen The Matrix four years ago, when everyone else did.
Mon 12/05/03 at 23:04
Regular
"we escape....."
fair enuf. :) it's no shawshank or good bad and the ugly or godfather i don't think......
Mon 12/05/03 at 23:02
Regular
I don't have a best film ever, it's impossible to choose.

Oh, and I should say' I don't hate The Matrix or anything, it's just the most absurdly over rated and over hyped film ever. The way people carry on you'd think it's bought about world peace and cured cancer.

It's just a few guns and some fighting. It's enjoyable, but nothing amazing.
Mon 12/05/03 at 22:59
Regular
"we escape....."
scenes*
Mon 12/05/03 at 22:59
Regular
"we escape....."
not seen police story, and when i watch the matrix now i only watch it for the best scene i've seen it over 20 times.
Mon 12/05/03 at 22:58
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
I thought the Matrix was amazing the first 4 times. I still think it is very good, but now I just tend to watch the begging and the end if I'm watching it, and the training scene. (Incidentally the best Jackie Chan movie in my opinion is Police Story).

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.