GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Some HHAT Comments - The Matrix"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 12/05/03 at 21:19
Regular
Yup, just saw The Matrix yesterday for the first time ever and here are a couple of things that went through my head.

It was simple, why was it made out to be so complicated?
Bullet-time was under-used
Hand to hand combat was rather crap
Mon 12/05/03 at 21:58
Regular
It was boring.

They didn't spin and dance anymore than the film had a brilliant plot.
Mon 12/05/03 at 21:54
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Whitestripes DX wrote:
> Oh, and that Lobby Scene every one says is so great.
>
> It isn't.

Baws, the lobby scene is excellent. The way Neo and Trinity spin and dance their way to victory is superb. And the tile falling off the pillar at the end of the scene is perfect.
Mon 12/05/03 at 21:52
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Give it the credit its due.
Mon 12/05/03 at 21:51
Regular
Oh, and that Lobby Scene every one says is so great.

It isn't.

Two people walk in, and shoot a load of people. Then when they run out of ammo they throw them away and take out more guns. Then I tihnk there was an explosion or something.

It wasn't exactly thrilling, watching someone walk forwards shooting a gun for five minutes.

It only reinforces the sterotype that most men just wet themselves because it features about 20 guns in one scene, like the stupid mindless little gimps they are.
Mon 12/05/03 at 21:48
Regular
It was nothing special.

Oh look, two people fighting in a room. Wow.

Watch any Jackie Chan film to see fighting twice as exciting.
Mon 12/05/03 at 21:44
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
The hand to hand combat was crap?

Did we both see the same film?
Mon 12/05/03 at 21:35
Regular
I agree.

Except bulliet time, if they used it anymore it would have just been irritating.
Mon 12/05/03 at 21:19
"slightlyshortertagl"
Yup, just saw The Matrix yesterday for the first time ever and here are a couple of things that went through my head.

It was simple, why was it made out to be so complicated?
Bullet-time was under-used
Hand to hand combat was rather crap

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.