GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Some HHAT Comments - The Matrix"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 12/05/03 at 21:19
Regular
Yup, just saw The Matrix yesterday for the first time ever and here are a couple of things that went through my head.

It was simple, why was it made out to be so complicated?
Bullet-time was under-used
Hand to hand combat was rather crap
Tue 13/05/03 at 12:24
Regular
THer MAtrix Reloaded has a 17 minute action scene which cost 14 million. That, I have to see.
Tue 13/05/03 at 10:41
Regular
"we escape....."
i like the matrix it prolly within my top ten
Tue 13/05/03 at 10:35
"slightlyshortertagl"
Meka speaks the truth.
Tue 13/05/03 at 09:41
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
I think The Matrix is overrated. Sure it has flashy special effects, lots of Kung Fu rip-off sections, leather trenchcoats to appeal to those who like wearing long leather trenchcoats in the hope they look cool (even in the summer) and lots of pretentious pseudo-philosophy that people think is deep and meaningful, but there’s something else I don’t like about it. I just don't think it's as amazing as some people think it is.

I’ll still be going to see The Matrix Reloaded when it opens and no doubt be wowed by all the flashy visuals and stupid story, but Terminator 3 is the one I’m looking forward to most, simple unpretentious action with a charismatic star, unlike the pasty-faced Ted 'Theodore' Logan and his computer generated fighting.
Tue 13/05/03 at 09:29
"...Unicef pennies.."
Meka Dragon wrote:
> With the Matrix they seem too focused on the special effects, which,
> in my opinion leaves it being a little bit like Poochy. He got all the
> moves and he can jive talk, but he no Itchy and Scratchy, and me no
> like him.

Strange time to insert simpsons references? I don't care.

"That Pochie is one outrageous dude!"

"When are they going to get to the fireworks factory?! awww!" *cries*

"Catch you on the flip side, dude-meisters...NOT!"

"Homer, I can honestly say that was the best episode of impy and chimpy that I've ever seen."

"Yeah Homer. you should be proud. You've...er...got a wonderful home here."
Tue 13/05/03 at 09:12
Regular
"not dead"
I was also underwhelmed by The Matrix.

I saw it after hearing incredible things though, and it just didn'tlive up to them.

I felt that too many of the charcters were merely cannon fodder. Like Mouse and the rough bird with the white hair. When they died, I didn't care, because we hadn't got to know them at all.

The action scenes were nothing short of fantastic at the time though. Now they've been bettered, and when I last saw the movie a few years ago, it did seem a little dated, which is the problem when you're selling a movie on the latest technology.

At least with X-Men 2 people are talking about the story, and what will happen next, rather than which special effects looked best.

With the Matrix they seem too focused on the special effects, which, in my opinion leaves it being a little bit like Poochy. He got all the moves and he can jive talk, but he no Itchy and Scratchy, and me no like him.
Tue 13/05/03 at 08:48
"...Unicef pennies.."
And when jackie chan jumps off a building and lands on a balcony in a building across the road (in Rumble in the Bronx I *think*). what a legend!

Sure beats morpheus et al springing about like grasshoppers.
Tue 13/05/03 at 02:22
Regular
i agree with beards, after seeing bruce lee's fight scenes, nothing else can touch them. Jackie chan has a style of his own, mainly comedy. my personal favourite sequence is in Jackie Chans first strike where he fights about ten people with a set of step ladders. Quality.

What makes these artists great is they aren't (weren't) afraid to get hurt. That and the fact that the takes were MUCH longer, meaning that cheesy editing techniques couldn't be used.

Although I love the matrix, and look forward to reloaded, the fight scenes just aren't up to scratch. you can make anything look good with clever editing and special effects, but deep down you know thats all it is.

When you see Jackie Chan Jump in the air, land on a pinball machine, roll to the side, slide underneath, come out the other side, take a guys weapon off him and beat him round the head with it, all in one take, it makes the matrix look less than impressive. And Bruce Lee's speed was simply amazing.
Mon 12/05/03 at 23:42
Regular
No, I live in an almost media block out.

Take two of my favourite bands, The White Stripes and the Foo Fighters, I didn't know their latest albums were out until a few weeks later when someone asks me if I have them.

MoJoJoJo wrote:
>
> So shut it, before I set Stryke on you.

Oh yeah, because I'm really scared of him.

Why don't you set some care bears on me while you're at it.
Mon 12/05/03 at 23:39
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
I had no clue about The Matrix when i watched it, it blew me away.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.