GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The 2009 F1 Season"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 12/01/09 at 14:56
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
This is my little place where I get to chat to myself about the new F1 season.

I'll update this main post with new car pictures later and a link to my super detailed and ultra long preview post.

For all the launch pictures: Click Here

Ferrari - Click Here

Toyota - Click Here

McLaren - Click Here

Renault - Click Here

Williams - Click Here

BMW - Click Here

Red Bull - Click Here

Force India - Click Here

Brawn GP - Click Here

Toro Rosso - Click Here
Mon 07/09/09 at 16:37
Regular
pb wrote:
> I don't really believe that they would do that though, it seems
> pretty drastic.

Just out of interest, why not?

I reckon it went something like this:

There was a clause in Alonso's contract stating that if he didn't get a race win, or didn't have a certain number of points by the end of the season saying he was free to go to another team.

He looked quick at Singapore from free practice, but something went wrong in quali - can't remember what - and he was out in Q2.

Renault thought this would be there best chance of giving him a win, making him stay with them into 2009.

Piquet had been quite handy at crashing so far in the season, so they put Alonson on a really weird fual strategy than banked on getting a safety car - fairly likely on a street track.

Lo and behold...

I'm not saying they did do it. But in a sport where you invest millions of $$$$ I really wouldn't be suprised if one team or another employed some underhand tactics to ensure they get what they want.

Scuey 'crashing' in quali in Monaco in '06. Alonso holidng up Hamilton in quali in Hungary in '07. McLaren lying to the stewards in Oz this year. It does happen...
Mon 07/09/09 at 14:58
"possibly impossible"
hm. Renault are accussed of getting Piquet Jr to crash so that the safety car can come out and give Alonso a chance in the Singapore race.

I don't really believe that they would do that though, it seems pretty drastic.

As for Fisichella, I wouldn't be surprised if he was thinking of retiring next year anyway, but his dream of driving for Ferrari is soon to be fullfilled, so he might as well be back up for them and possibly get another chance. Not sure if he could face going back to Force India after sitting in a Ferrari anyway!
Sat 05/09/09 at 13:29
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Looks like Fisichella has called time on his racing career after this season as he is taking the reserve driver role at Ferrari in 2010.

This Renault race fixing investigation is intriguing.
Thu 03/09/09 at 17:19
Regular
"I like turtles"
Grandprix wrote:
Fisichella joins Ferrari for the rest of the season. Not really a
surprise although it looks a very short sighted move and I don't
see many seats available to him for next season.

Agree,its seems a very short sighted decision.If he cannot return to Force India next season it could be the end of his GP career.It is rumoured that Force India still owe Ferrari money for the leasing of their customer engines for last season.If that is true then maybe that has had an influence on them letting him go ?.
Thu 03/09/09 at 16:22
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Fisichella joins Ferrari for the rest of the season. Not really a surprise although it looks a very short sighted move and I don't see many seats available to him for next season.
Sat 29/08/09 at 14:16
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
What about those Force India's? Always said they were one to watch. :S
Mon 24/08/09 at 19:03
Regular
"I like turtles"
Numnut wrote:
I'm with you on the Lorenzo thing, I don't see the point - the
Ducati is one big risk. I thought Nicky Hayden was going to be
more up there this year as he is a talented rider and he is
having similar troubles to melandri.

I agree mate,fear this may be Hayden's last year with a top team and that's a real shame.People soon forget when a rider has a spell in the wilderness.That's team bosses,fans and sponsors,at this level your only as good as your last result.I like and rate Hayden too but think like Melandri,Gibernau & Checa before him he deeply regrets getting on the big red monster !.

Numnut wrote:
Maybe Yamaha should just chuck out Lorenzo for being awkward,
get Edwards in instead then Spies can have his slot in Tech3. At least that way Edwards may get his first GP victory - which I think is well overdue!

Yeah,Edwards is ace,Donington this year was a reminder of just how good he can be.Remember his battles with Bayliss in WSBK ?,those guys were in a league of their own but not just that they truly respected each other off track as well.That doesn't seem to happen so much these days.Lorenzo can act like a bit of kid at times but at least he has a personality which many of todays sportsmen lack IMO.At first I thought he was cocky a*****e who was totally full of himself,but over the past year I have quite warmed to him.He always gives it 110% and is not afraid to speak his mind,I respect that.

Numnut wrote:
Don't know where that would leave Toseland though........I think
if he has a future in GP it is not on a Yamaha he just doesn't
seem to get on with it. I'm sensing a return to WSB!

Yeah,reckon you are right.In Toselands defence you do not win 2 WSBK championships with 2 different manufacturers by accident.Last year was promising but this year has been one huge disappointment.If he doesn't start banging in some big results soon I reckon he is on his way back to WSBK.Hope I'm wrong though.

Numnut wrote:
And going even more off topic ....Leon Camier is blitzing the
BSB championship......I wont be surprised to see him in WSB next year.

Camier has been great this year as in his defence he was still far from recovered from his huge Cadwell Park accident last year.I reckon thats why Shakey totally blew him away.Reckon it would have been much closer if they raced together now.

Numnut wrote:
All these brits doing well in different classes of bike racing -
Haslam, Byrne, Rea, then Crutchlow and even Bradley smith and Scott Redding in the 125s - I'm surprised it doesn't get more attention.

Couldn't agree more mate.We have a lot of guys to be proud of racing in all catergories.Tom Sykes is good as well IMO.

Numnut wrote:
Incidently, are you Eurosport or BBC?

BBC as I can't afford SKY at the moment :(

Have to say,this is ace having another bike racing fan on here !.May have to start our own thread instead of gatecrashing other peoples though ! :)
Mon 24/08/09 at 18:23
Staff
"Look! There's a..."
I'm with you on the Lorenzo thing, I don't see the point - the Ducati is one big risk. I thought Nicky Hayden was going to be more up there this year as he is a talented rider and he is having similar troubles to melandri.

Maybe Yamaha should just chuck out Lorenzo for being awkward, get Edwards in instead then Spies can have his slot in Tech3. At least that way Edwards may get his first GP victory - which I think is well overdue!

Don't know where that would leave Toseland though........I think if he has a future in GP it is not on a Yamaha he just doesn't seem to get on with it. I'm sensing a return to WSB!

And going even more off topic ....Leon Camier is blitzing the BSB championship......I wont be surprised to see him in WSB next year.

All these brits doing well in different classes of bike racing - Haslam, Byrne, Rea, then Crutchlow and even Bradley smith and Scott Redding in the 125s - I'm surprised it doesn't get more attention.

Incidently, are you Eurosport or BBC?
Mon 24/08/09 at 17:59
Regular
"I like turtles"
Personally I think Lorenzo will regret it if he leaves Yamaha especially if he goes to Ducati.Look at Melandri,he was great rider on a Honda,beat Rossi a few times with some truly fantastic rides.Went to Ducati and just looked like an accident waiting to happen from the minute he got on the thing.Not just that he looked like a beaten man by the end of the season,his confidence was shattered.This year on a half baked piece of crap privateer Kawasaki he has looked like the old Melandri again and I fear Lorenzo moving to Ducati would suffer a similar fate.I really like the guy,I think he has one huge pair of nuts and tremendous fighting spirit but when under pressure he has continuously crashed the best handling bike in the field.I can understand his frustration to a degree as he obviously feels he is the unofficial number 2 rider in a team built around Rossi.My opinion is that he is a hugely talented rider who has improved greatly from his very impressive debut season.I feel he has a hell of a lot to gain by staying on at Yamaha.I know Stoner can ride the Ducati and its truly bizarre that everyone else who has tried to tame it has failed.Lorenzo for sure will have the confidence (and ego !) to think he can ride it but I think he may have slightly underestimated how much he has benefited from having a Jeremy Burgess built/Rossi developed bike underneath him.Next year I would love to see Ben Spies in the series (who his an amazing rider IMO) and our very own Cal Crutchlow in the new Moto2 category.
Mon 24/08/09 at 16:59
Staff
"Look! There's a..."
pete_21 wrote:

> Anyone catch the MotoGP last weekend ?.That was a mighty
> race,been much more exciting than the F1 this year IMO.

Always try to make time for MotoGP!

Have to agree with you pete, the racing has been great this year.

The battles between Rossi and Lorenzo have been great to watch - At the start of the season there were so many people saying how there was not enough overtaking upfront anymore and there have been good battles in almost all the races, not just at the front either.

Any thoughts on where Lorenzo will end up next year?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.