GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The 2009 F1 Season"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 12/01/09 at 14:56
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
This is my little place where I get to chat to myself about the new F1 season.

I'll update this main post with new car pictures later and a link to my super detailed and ultra long preview post.

For all the launch pictures: Click Here

Ferrari - Click Here

Toyota - Click Here

McLaren - Click Here

Renault - Click Here

Williams - Click Here

BMW - Click Here

Red Bull - Click Here

Force India - Click Here

Brawn GP - Click Here

Toro Rosso - Click Here
Mon 21/09/09 at 23:30
Regular
"wheres the Any Key?"
pb wrote:
> Despite being cleared, I wonder if this will have any affect on
> Ferrari's decision to take Alonso next year. They already have
> about 100 driver choices lined up it seems!

Can't see any of this affecting any dealings between Ferrari & Alonso, i guess bein cleared means he had no involvement, so holding any of this against him would be unfair. He may of been involved in past illegal events but this time i think he's just been caught in the middle of others.

its most likely that the deal was sorted last year and Ferrari are keeping quiet to avoid going through the same sort of press release-farce like when they signed Schumacher back in 95.

Ferrari's problem is Raikkonen taking every oppotunity to say that he will honour his contract to the end of 2010 and is not willing walk out, which means, ferrari will have to pay his contract in full for 2010, rumoured to be around 28million euros. So dont be suprised if Alonso's 2yr + optional 3yr contract is put back til 2011.
Mon 21/09/09 at 22:40
Regular
"wheres the Any Key?"
What i dont understand is why Piquet Jr was granted immunity from prosecution by the FIA in exchange for testifying. The shots may of been called by Briatore, but Piquet Jr still chose to delibrately drive into a concrete wall, which is simply crazy, firstly risking his own life but more importantly, delibrately putting other drivers at risk. Its only right that Briatore is severely punished with an indefinate ban for planning this crazy event but it still only happened because Piquet Jr made it happen and testifying in exchange for immunity just doesn't seem right. Piquet Jr only spoke out (in bitterness & near on a year later) after being sacked by Briatore last month, i guess its his form of pay back for the way Briatore tret him over the past year, but surely his involvement was as great as Briatore's.
Mon 21/09/09 at 15:04
"possibly impossible"
Despite being cleared, I wonder if this will have any affect on Ferrari's decision to take Alonso next year. They already have about 100 driver choices lined up it seems!
Mon 21/09/09 at 14:34
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Alonso cleared
Renault 2 year suspended ban
Symonds banned for 5 years
Briatore pretty much banned from racing for life and no one will want to be associated with him in racing as they will not be given licences etc.
Wed 16/09/09 at 17:14
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
I'm not really surprised about Briatore as he has previous when it comes to cheating, especially around the Schumacher/Benetton days.
Wed 16/09/09 at 16:45
Regular
"I like turtles"
Yet another cheating scandal which Alonso just happens to be in the middle of and benefited from hmmmmmmmm............
Wed 16/09/09 at 14:35
"possibly impossible"
Wow!

Flavio Briatore and director of engineering Pat Symonds have both quit, saying they're not going to contest the FIA's charges of race fixing.

Not sure what happened for them to suddenly hold their hands up but it's big news. Not sure what other sanctions the FIA may give Renault.
Mon 14/09/09 at 02:09
Regular
"wheres the Any Key?"
hiya Grandprix, thx for the reply.

Large stakes in 2 teams (McLaren & Brawn)??
Supplying engines to an additional 2 team (Force India & Redbull)??

Thats gr8 news for Mercedes, but i think the FIA or FOTA might have something to say about Mercedes powering 40% of the grid.
Sun 13/09/09 at 12:25
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
As far as I know, the Mercedes buying Brawn shares hasn't happened yet but it seems likely. As for the Red Bull team going for Mercedes, again, just rumours as of now but it seems like Mercedes is the engine to have at the moment.
Sun 13/09/09 at 01:53
Regular
"wheres the Any Key?"
ello all,
ive just been catchin up on all the F1 news after bein away and only readin headline news for a few weeks. I know its the time of yr for big rumours, but.......

Have any of you heard anything about....
Mercedes buyin a large stake of the Brawn team?
Mercedes in talks with Red Bull on a 2010 engine deal?

thx in advance.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.