GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"A bleak, bleak future..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 20/01/01 at 19:06
Regular
Look. Don't blame me, I'm bored. If people were in here chatting away, I wouldn't have to sink to this level.

Smoke purred from Ant's mouth, drifting into the air, and pulling the life from within him out...

"You shouldn't smoke you know. It's bad for the insides."

Ant looked down at his curry. He wouldn't be suprised if the curry did more damage.

"I can't eat any more." He said. "I'm not feeling too well today."

The man took away Ant's curry, and emptied it into a bucket.
"That'll be 90 credits..." As the man looked up, Ant was no longer at his seat.

"Put it on the slate!" Ant shouted...

Ant had recieved another message. It was from command. Apparently some of the driods had broke lose, killing a few task forces on the way.

Ant got into his hovercar, just a bog standard craft, but the seats were uncomfortable. He knew this would be his last run before he could buy another.

He pulled the craft up, and out of the giant hanger, and into the open air. It was night. You could tell it was night because there were more hovercars around, it usually gets busy at night... Ant looked up at the deep smog that had settled over the city of Pembroke many years ago... not long after Pembroke was declared the new capital of the former British Isles all those years ago... before the war.

Ant remembers it as if it were about 10 years ago, so he expected the details to be a bit foggy.

Professor Miyamoto about 11 years ago invented the next generation of machinary to compete with the Overlords Playchip 3, which was in popular demand with kids...

Under the company name Nintendo, Prof. Miyamoto released the Nintendo chip into the mass market. Hundreds of people brought them, and had them implanted. Some many happy faces... so much peace in the world...

Then something, as always it seemed, went wrong. The chips started to manufuction, taking the persons will of control with it. They produced hundreds of automated psyhcotic killing machines, and Nintendo had no control over them...

The Overlord had ordered that all Nintendo products to be taking off the market, and ordered that Nintendo was shut down.

Ant pulled out of his daydream, and realised that he was heading straight for a building... He pulled up with ease. But someone behind him, who didn't anticipate his move quickly dodged to the left to avoid Ant, and hit the building that Ant was trying to avoid. The sprialling trail of the hovercars smoke reminded Ant to light his cigarette, which was just clasped unlit between his lips. Ant thought he was going insane...

Ant managed to navigate through the rest of the car maze, and ended up at the Overlords headquarters. Sony HQ.

He landed. Finding a space was easy, just land on top of any car already there. Sometimes you would find stacks of cars miles high, with the Jenga like approuch for the man with the bottom car, attempting to remove his car... There had been several "Jenga" accidents in the last few days.

Ant had left his car, climbed down the stack of cars, and entered the building. He proceeded past reception, and walked down the dark stairs. He took the second door on the left, walked around the fountain in the middle of the room to the third door, past the small wildlife display, through the small hall, under the glass bridge, and through the red double doors.

"Who are you?" Said the man inside.

"My names Ant. I'm a Blade Runner."

"Oh... you looking for the Command office. You should have taken the fourth door near the waterfall, this is the lower hall."

"Oh. Ta."
Page:
Mon 29/01/01 at 22:52
Regular
"I like cheese"
Meanwhile...

"Okay, we're nearly there. Get ready, guys." Ant said in his toughman voice.

"Oooohhh, it's Ant the hardnut." Dan_UK said jokingly. No one laughed.

FM looked at the screen. "Okay, it should be the factory along here. Keep going.....keep going...keep-STOP!!"

"He's on the top floor." FM told everyone.

They all looked up at the 'Sugar Factory'.

FM looked at the writer, "A sugar factory?? Is that the best you could think of to get a storyline going??"

"Yeah....I know, sorry." Writer replied.

"It's a sugar factory..." Dan_UK's voice trailed off as he stared at Ant....or where Ant had been.

Ant was running into the building shouting, "A SUGAR FACTORY!! I'VE ALWAYS WANTED TO VISIT ONE OF THESE!!"

"No, Ant, come back!!" Dan called.

"It's so obvious.." FM said, with a sigh. "He'll run into a trap, leaving only the three of us to get SNIPER."

Ant carried on running, and ran over a large hole in the ground covered up by thin cardboard.

Of course, the cardboard didn't hold.
"AHHHHH!!!" Ant screamed as he fell.
FM sighed.

The others ran into the factory, and stared down at Ant.

"You all right??" FM asked.

"Well...my arm's broken....and I can't feel my legs."

"You'll live. Look, if you need anything, just ask."

They carried on, and just as they entered the lift, Ant called.

"GUYS!?!?"

"What?? Do you need something?" Dan asked, worried about his friend.

"errrr..yeah..."

"Just ask. I'll do anything."

"Could you.....bring me back some sugar??"

Tue 30/01/01 at 18:30
Regular
I'm happy to see it actually took off...

I'll write a bit later. Got to read through it a few more times yet...
Tue 30/01/01 at 20:22
"possibly impossible"
"You know," said pb, still trying desperately to undo the carefully tied knots in the rope holding his hands together, "you won't get away with this."

"why?" asked a sneering Sniper.

"I don't actually know, but I thought I'd just say it for dramatic purposes."

Pb managed to get the loose cord and pulled his hands free of the rope, but kept it hidden from Sniper. He couldn't believe that Sniper had used a shoelace style knot to tie up his arms.

Meanwhile, the rest of the Bladerunner group (well, except Ant who remained stuck in a hole humming the tune to the A-team to keep him busy) carefully entered the sugar factory.

"I don't think this factory has been used for a while, gang." said Dan_UK.
"Why's that?" asked FM.
Dan_UK pointed to a sign on the wall which read 'factory not been used for a while'
"ah." said FM nonchantedly. "I suppose we'd better climb this slope. What exactly is that hammer doing hanging in mid-air?"
Tue 30/01/01 at 20:49
Regular
Sodding hell.

Just was writing a huge... major addition to the plot... and my computer crashed... erasing the greatest story ever told...

(But I thought the birth of Je...)

Shush.

Anyway... I am writing. REALLY.

And I shall return.

Tue 30/01/01 at 21:22
Regular
The light shined on the hammer in a way that made Fantasymeister intrigued to why it hanged so delicately in thin air... as if there were no gravity...

Perhaps it was important... so important in fact, that it was to be given to him... by powers unknown...

Fantasymeister reached for the mystical hammer, and as he touched it... it fell to the ground.

Pocketing the hammer, Fantasymeister hurried himself to catch up with the rest.

"Has it occurred to anyone either than me," Said Dan_UK, "That this is quite obviously a trap? Why would any normal person want to hide out in a sugar factory? It's just a ploy to get Ant to show his face here!"

Ant had now finished with the A-Team theme, and had advanced to the Indiana Jones theme, really putting effort into the the dur di dur durrs.

The factory was missing:

- One ceiling.
- A sturdy floor.
- An actual sugar processing machine, but DID have a large amount of whirring cutting devices, which had conveyer belts leading to them.

"And why are there no sugar making facilitys in here?? Surely a sugar factory would have some sort of sugar related machinery?"

Dark clouds settled over the factory... it started to rain.

"Oh no!..." Said Ant.

Lightning flashed... thunder boomed...

Fantasymeister looked around. "I don't think Sniper is in here. I think we've been set up."

Dan_UK looked to the heavens in submission... "Sigh."

Suddenly... there was a large *BOOM*, and a light appeared in the sky...

A picture of a brain was embedded in the night sky... seemingly from another light source...

"Err..." Said Gobble De Gook, "I really should be going... it's getting quite dark... err... bye!"

Gobble De Gook ran out of the factory, and Fantasymeister swore that he was pulling his clothes off as he ran out...

"What a strange person..." Dan_UK looked around. "Where's PB?"

Something hit the back of Fantasymeisters head. He was knocked out cold.

"What the...!" The same thing hit Dan_UK in the face... he landed quite heavily on his face with a

*Click*
Tue 30/01/01 at 21:39
"possibly impossible"
"Ouch!" said Dan_UK as he pushed his nose back into place and tried to wake FM before something else happened.

"What hit me?" said a stunned FM.

"Barrels! They were rolling down the ramp at about 100 mph."

"Well at least we know that pb is here now." said FM pointing to a big neon sign with 'pb is here' written on it in big letters.

"It's as if someone wants us to reach the top to rescue pb while throwing barrels at us." summed up Dan_UK in his usual 'plot recap' way.

"da dada dOuch!" said Ant as a now uncovered, and Grix looking, gooble-de-gook fell into the same hole.

"Hi Gooble-de-hey..you look different, wait a minute, don't I know you?!"

'Uh-oh' thought Grix, my cover's blown now.

"Yeah, you're that guy on the computer screen. Now if I could only remember why the hell I was looking on a computer screen for your face it might make sense...."

Ant continued his rambling thought process as Sniper, having climbed into a waiting ape costume, threw another two barrels down at Dan and FM.

"Use the hammer!" shouted pb, suprised the other two hadn't worked out what was going on.

The barrels bounced with a *click*
Tue 30/01/01 at 21:50
Grix you should write it in word then copy it to the post message screen that way if the computer crashes the work can be recovered
Tue 30/01/01 at 21:58
Regular
The rain seemed to be filling the whole rather quickly...

"Soooo... Ant. How are you?"

Grix tried to make conversation.

Without looking up, Ant replied. "I am fine." He returned to digging in the bottom of the hole.

A strange silence overfell them.

"...Humm."

Ant continued to dig.

"Oh sod this." Grix climbed onto Ant, and jumped out of the hole... he was needed to answer the call... the chief of police needed him...

Fantasymeister hung to a ladder... he couldn't move... if he did... would he be able to get up in time... before a barrel hit him? If he stayed there too long though... the barrel could descend the ladder...

He took a deep breath... and jumped for it.

He whipped out his hammer, and began waving it up and down over his head frantically.

Fantasymeister looked behind... Dan_UK was behind him...

"Oh god..."

Fantasymeister walked over to Dan... he was cutting down barrels with a lightsaber.

"Wrong script, that was last years prop... this year we are using hammers."

"But come on... the lightsabers are much more fun."

"But they are props. They aren't real."

Dan_UK smiled. "Ah... but if you make this sound AND swing the saber... then it's like it's ALMOST REAL!!"

"FTHRROOOMMMEE" Dan swung the plastic stick over his head enthusastically...

"Alright... you can use the lightsaber."

They managed to bash, and err... slice... their way to the top...

Fantasymeister looked up at the last platform. "What! There's no ladder here! How do we get up!"

"There's a note! Look!"

Indeed there was.

"Whoever has taken the ladder is asked to return it as soon as possible or further steps will be taken. - The Author."

Fantasymeister was unimpressed at the rather weak joke. "Humm."
Tue 30/01/01 at 22:15
Regular
"I like cheese"
The barrels were getting closer and closer.

"How do I use a hammer to stop huge barrels from crushing us!!" FM screamed.

"I don't know, just...just..."

"I know!! How about I jump to the left and Dan_UK jumps to the right!! They the barrels will miss us, and roll over Ant!!" FM suggested.

"Great idea!" Dan and pb shouted.

"No....please...no," came Ant's reply.

FM and Dan jumped out of the way, just in time. The barrels rolled over Ant's legs, breaking them. Then, the barrels bounced of a wall, and rolled over Ant's okay arm. A sickening CRUNCH was heard.

"Ohhhhhhh.." Ant moaned.

The Ape (SNIPER) grunted in annoyance, and ran down towards them, with a largr baseball bat.

"QUICK!!" pb shouted, "Use the hammer!!"

FM took the hammer, and dropped it on Ant's foot. CRUNCH!

"Ouch."

Sniper swung the bat at pb, but missed. In annoyance, he slammed it down onto Ant's left hand.

"Ouch."

Gobble-de-gook had picked up part of the floorboards, while SNIPER still had his baseball bat.

Suddenly, a loner man came flying through the ceiling. IT WAS TONY!!
Tony landed on his feet on Ant's head.

"Ouch."

Tue 30/01/01 at 22:16
"possibly impossible"
The rain still came down and the hole was filling quicky. Ant had an idea though, he'd had plenty of Tomb Raider 2034 training back at the academy and decided it was time for a bit of diving.

After struggling into the black lycra swimming costume (with the floats at the front) he dived under the water. Finding a tunnel, Ant followed the pipe to it's end and found himself inside the basement of the sugar factory.
"Hm, no sugar. But there is a ladder, might be useful later on." he said to himself as he picked the ladder up and ran up the basement stairs to the ensuing noise of falling barrels above.

"How the hell do we get to pb?" asked Dan_uk, who was balancing on the shoulders of FM and waving his hands at a ledge that was obviously too high to reach. Pb watched as Ant rushed up to help them, still wearing the lara swimming costume and bouncing quite rapidly up the slope.

"Ant? Good, you can help us get to the next leve..why are you wearing that costume?" said FM, "No, don't tell me, I don't want to know."

Sniper saw the trio attempt to climb to the top and rushed over to the ledge. He laughed manically as he stepped on Dan_UK's fingers. Pb, now completely free, rushed headlong at Sniper and knocked him over the edge.

The gang watched as Sniper landed on the floor with a twee electronic sound and a little row of numbers below him flashed and counted up to 1200.

"Is he dead?" asked Dan. "Did we have to catch them alive, I forget now."

"Well, I think I saw him move." said pb cautiously, "We'd better get him back in the Tardis and go after our next guy. By the way, where is Gobble-de-gook?"

They climbed down the steps and closed the door of the factory with a *click*
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.