GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"A bleak, bleak future..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 20/01/01 at 19:06
Regular
Look. Don't blame me, I'm bored. If people were in here chatting away, I wouldn't have to sink to this level.

Smoke purred from Ant's mouth, drifting into the air, and pulling the life from within him out...

"You shouldn't smoke you know. It's bad for the insides."

Ant looked down at his curry. He wouldn't be suprised if the curry did more damage.

"I can't eat any more." He said. "I'm not feeling too well today."

The man took away Ant's curry, and emptied it into a bucket.
"That'll be 90 credits..." As the man looked up, Ant was no longer at his seat.

"Put it on the slate!" Ant shouted...

Ant had recieved another message. It was from command. Apparently some of the driods had broke lose, killing a few task forces on the way.

Ant got into his hovercar, just a bog standard craft, but the seats were uncomfortable. He knew this would be his last run before he could buy another.

He pulled the craft up, and out of the giant hanger, and into the open air. It was night. You could tell it was night because there were more hovercars around, it usually gets busy at night... Ant looked up at the deep smog that had settled over the city of Pembroke many years ago... not long after Pembroke was declared the new capital of the former British Isles all those years ago... before the war.

Ant remembers it as if it were about 10 years ago, so he expected the details to be a bit foggy.

Professor Miyamoto about 11 years ago invented the next generation of machinary to compete with the Overlords Playchip 3, which was in popular demand with kids...

Under the company name Nintendo, Prof. Miyamoto released the Nintendo chip into the mass market. Hundreds of people brought them, and had them implanted. Some many happy faces... so much peace in the world...

Then something, as always it seemed, went wrong. The chips started to manufuction, taking the persons will of control with it. They produced hundreds of automated psyhcotic killing machines, and Nintendo had no control over them...

The Overlord had ordered that all Nintendo products to be taking off the market, and ordered that Nintendo was shut down.

Ant pulled out of his daydream, and realised that he was heading straight for a building... He pulled up with ease. But someone behind him, who didn't anticipate his move quickly dodged to the left to avoid Ant, and hit the building that Ant was trying to avoid. The sprialling trail of the hovercars smoke reminded Ant to light his cigarette, which was just clasped unlit between his lips. Ant thought he was going insane...

Ant managed to navigate through the rest of the car maze, and ended up at the Overlords headquarters. Sony HQ.

He landed. Finding a space was easy, just land on top of any car already there. Sometimes you would find stacks of cars miles high, with the Jenga like approuch for the man with the bottom car, attempting to remove his car... There had been several "Jenga" accidents in the last few days.

Ant had left his car, climbed down the stack of cars, and entered the building. He proceeded past reception, and walked down the dark stairs. He took the second door on the left, walked around the fountain in the middle of the room to the third door, past the small wildlife display, through the small hall, under the glass bridge, and through the red double doors.

"Who are you?" Said the man inside.

"My names Ant. I'm a Blade Runner."

"Oh... you looking for the Command office. You should have taken the fourth door near the waterfall, this is the lower hall."

"Oh. Ta."
Page:
Wed 21/02/01 at 20:12
Regular
The authors head slams on the table... lifts... and slams again.

The author slowly begins to weep.
Wed 21/02/01 at 20:00
Regular
Ant heard a knock at the door.

"Open up in the name of the Overlord!"

He did so. He opened the door and saluted as armed guards entered.

"Everyone! Drop your weapons and put your hands on your heads."

The very suprised group did as they were told.

"You're all under arrest for treason aginst the Overlord!"

Just when they'd thought that their problems were over!
Wed 21/02/01 at 19:53
Regular
So Dan_uk, Dan_2K1, Grix, Grix's evil side and Grix's brain

(Grix it wasn't a malfunction. Inside the N-chip your 3 characteristics split up into 3 characters, hence you, the second you and your brain!)

all charged at the Overlord, hitting him with everything they could. There was only so much the Overlord could take. He finally collapsed.
His body faded and as he disappeared they heard him mutter,
"Wait until you get back to the real world fools!"

They turned around. The overwhelming number of characters trying to kill Mario and Sonic were breaking down the defenses of the defense from other Nintendo and Sega characters.

There were just too many of them and there was nothing either of the Dan's, Grix, his evil side, or his brain could do. Then a new character entered, another, and another.

The super characters, created and copyrighted by the geniuses at Swordspines came in, programmed to obey Dan_uk's every command.

"Throw out every single character who's not made by Nintendo and Sega!"

And so they got to work.
Dan_2K1 changed the entry lists so anyone chucked out would not be able to get back in again.

The battle inside the N-chip was over and the 2 Dan's, 2 Grix's and the single brain relaxed as the super characters did their job.
Wed 21/02/01 at 19:39
Regular
"It seems I didn't explain very well... did I?"

You look at Grix, who gets up, and heads towards the globe on the antique table.

He spins it, and then pulls a overhead sheet down, which has a big picture of Grix on it, and three other smaller pictures of people, one of which is Grix again.

The big picture of Grix has three arrows pointing away from it, each pointing to a smaller picture of someone.

"This," Grix points to the big picture, "Is me."

"These," Grix points to the three smaller pictures each in turn, "Are also me."

You look at him, confused.

"The three people, you see here, are the three people that reside inside my body." Grix points to the smaller picture of himself. "Firstly, there is me, I have some control over what I do."

You nod.

"Secondly," Grix points to the second unknown person. "There is my brain, as a seperate entity. He controls whatever I don't control... And he probably has more control over my body than I do."

You nod again.

"THIRDLY." Grix points to the last picture... it looks like him, but it certainly isn't him. "There is the second Grix. He resides inside of me. He was the evil Grix, but he's mellowed. He doesn't do anything, but was called out to control the body for a while in the last episode. He has now been removed."

"Ok so far?"

Grix sits back down, and opens the book again.

"When Grix, his brain, and the second Grix, all appeared as seperate entitys in Dan's chip, it was because of a malufunction when Grix hit the electric current. He was seperated from his body, like how Bill Gates was, and was sent as a electric current into Dan's chip."

Grix showed a picture of the what is happening back in the story.

"Here we see everybody there. Bill Gates, the overlord, is ACTUALLY OUTSIDE, as eariler shown by" Grix points at someone, "pb."

"You can also see that Grix is still outside too... just because his mind is somewhere else, doesn't mean that his body has to be there too."

You nod again... not really understanding.

"Oh if you damn well can't figure out, get someone else to write! Jese!"

Wed 21/02/01 at 19:25
Regular
... Grix woke up to find Dan_uk slapping him.

"WAKE UP! WAKE UP! THE BLOODY WORLD DEPENDS ON IT!"

Grix was still feeling a bit feint

"That electric attack..."

"We're going have to fight a bit better than that. We've still got another five minutes before those super characters finish downloading. Attacking as 3 of us nearly worked, if only we had more people..."

Grix started glowing...
He floated in the air. So, he glowed so brightly he looked like a white figure shaped light. The figure split into another figure and a blob.

As the light died down they could see that there were now 2 Grix's and his brain too.

The 2 Dan's saw Sheepy's amazement. Dan_2K1 used the oppitunity to kick Sheepy's legs making him fall. Dan_uk then smashed one of Donkey Kongs barrels over the downed Sheepy's head. As the dazed Sheepy stood up, Dan_2K1 used Sonic's rings, ramming them over Sheepy's head so he was trapped inside the hoops. Dan_uk the threw a shell which hit Sheepy right between the eyes.
The great Darth Sheepy collapsed once again.

The 2 Dan's, the 2 Grix's and the single brain all turned to face the Overlord. Now was their last chance!
Wed 21/02/01 at 19:08
Regular
Sometimes in dreams, things completely change, but everything continues as normal. Why should you care?

For example, you may be taking a hike in a volcano, when you find yourself in a jungle... it happens, but you are unlikely to notice...

But even if you do, why try and stop it? Never try and control your imagination... or one day, it may control you.

--------

A bright log fire burns in the cold wind. Grix sits in a rocking chair, lit by flicking light from the fire.

Grix lights a pipe, and begins to smoke.

He turns to face you.

"Oh! I didn't see you there!" Grix stands up to greet you. "Sit down, please!"

You do so, as does he.

"I understand you are finding a few things difficult to understand? No?" Grix chuckles to himself, and shuffles over towards a bookcase.

He removes a book from the bookshelf, looks at the cover, and puts it back. He removes the one next to it.

"Ah! Here we are." He shuffles back to his chair, and collapses into it with a groan.

He blows the dust from the cover, and opens the book up.

"I understand you have just met the Overlord for the first time? Yes?"

You nod. He turns a few more pages.

"Right. What you need to be thinking about now, is getting that damn battle with the Dans' over and done with... But of course, that's not everyones problem, is it?" He smiles.

"As far as I can see," He continues. "Grix is lying knocked out from the electric blast... so he could be captured easily. And then there's the problem of Bill Gates... but you still don't know who the unidentified person is... Ha."

You look at him... still not really understanding.

"Remember... this is fiction... anything can happen. And it never has to end... although it must, one day..." Grix looks at the book. "Even what happens now, is being recorded..."

You look at the book... trying to see what happens next...

"Oh no." Grix closes the book. "That's for me to know, and you to discover..."
Wed 21/02/01 at 19:07
Regular
Dan_uk held his head. So the Overlord was invinvible and Sheepy had gotten very annoyed when Dan_uk had tried to use one of the worms sheep as a weapon.

He looked to so Grix, standing in the ring.
Had the reinforcements arrived. He watched Dan_2K1 attack Sheepy and used the distraction to climb in the ring and talk to Grix.

"So did you download the reinforcements onto the N-chip network?"

"No" Grix hung his head sheepishly, "I reporgrammed them and then forgot to download them."

Dan_uk shook his head.

"where did you leave the disk?"

"It's in the computer I just need to press the download button."

Dan_uk stood back and shouted

"Ant, FM, PB, I know you can hear me now listen carefully. On the PC next to me, there is a disk in it. Download the entire contents of the disk onto the network."

Outside the N-chip, FM heard the message and initiated the download.

Back inside the N-chip, Dan_uk looked to Grix.

"We'll need to fight off the Overlord for a little bit longer."

They looked at the Overlord who was using his mobile phone.

"Send all the troops to the room with the mainframes. Take EVERYONE prisoner"

At that moment, both Dan's and Grix lunged at the Overlord, the end was in sight.
Wed 21/02/01 at 14:53
Regular
"not dead"
Meanwhile in a not too distant land, a rather uncomfortable looking SNIPER stood at a desk, wearing only a bathrobe.

The man sitting at the desk looked at SNIPER and said "Sorry, what did you say the problem was?"

SNIPER looked embarrassed as he aid "Well I was in the shower, yeah, that's right, I was in the shower when..... um, oh yeah, then the phone rang, or something. Anyway i got out of the bath to answer it"

"Don't you mean shower?" Said the seated figure.

"No It was the bath, I think, yeah, as I walked towards the phone I saw that my hampster had escaped, but I couldn,t see him. Then the phone stopped, so I turned back towards the bathroom, when I slipped, an fell on the hampster. It happened to go right up my bum." Said SNIPER, now a rather bright shade of red.

"I see" said the seated figure, dusting his hands on his white coat.

"No there's more" Said SNIPER "I thought that maybe I could coax the little guy out if he could see some light, so I held a match by my bottom. It was at this moment that I started to regret my decision to eat beans for dinner. A flame shot up my bottom, and the hampster caught alight! But rather than leaving my bottom, he appears to have crawled further up.
Anyway, I've been sitting on an ice pack, to take away the pain of the burn, but how on earth am I going to get the hampster out Doctor!"

"My word, there's only one person I trust for a job like this" Replied the Doc, and he sat at disk desk and began writting with a

*click*
Wed 21/02/01 at 14:30
Regular
"smile, it's free"
By this time the author was the one with the headache.

So Ant pb and FM were presumably somewhere in Nintendo HQ. They may or may not have met Grix, and they're still accompanying some guards. FM's compound fracture in his arm has now healed quite well.

The intrepid trio continue onward.

"Right" says one of the guards "We'd better go and report back to the overlord"

Ant smiled and replied "What a splendid idea!"

"Spiffing!" FM mocked.

"Oh gosh, yes!" pb said, continuing with the satire.

Ant glared at them, as if to say "You're going to blow our cover, fools!"

What did you just say? One of the guards asked.

Ant cursed. He had fogotten his tendancy to mumble his thoughs out loud.

"I said ...."

Ant stuggled to think of a witty stamement rhyming with what Ant had been thinking. Actually, it was the author doing the thinking. He couldn't think of anything.

"I said 'Good, let's go see him'" Ant lamely replied.

So the trio set off towards the overlord's quarters, where he was in combat with Dan, or possibly one of the Grixes or their brain. Or maybe not. It was all too much for this author, who decided to leave the keyboard alone before he managed to induce a brain clot. He realises he's still typing. His headache gets worse. He reaches his hand to his nose. It comes away bloody. The keyboard is now getting covered in blood. His vision starts to grey over and hde srats to lsoe coordnidation, beforre finalty fllaing ovre wth a

*&CICXKLK*
Tue 20/02/01 at 22:02
Regular
Back in Grix's mind...

------

"That's odd..." Said Grix.

"What?" Grix's brain was busy trying to figure a way out of the mess the second Grix had just gotten them into...

"My headaches gone... I feel a lot better."

Grix's brain turned to Grix.

"I didn't know you had a headache!"

"Neither did I... But it's gone now."

Grix's brain stared at Grix.

"Oooookkkkkkaaayyy." He looked back at the control panel. "Oh buggery. That idiot of a clone of you has completely buggered up the situation. I'm pulling him out."

"...Err, won't the body just drop to the floor if you do that?"

"Yes." Grix's brain moved his hand towards a large red button on the control panel.

-------

Among all the madness, Ant and the rest lay, dazed from the blast of light... Bill Gates stood over them... laughing...

The second Grix had a thought... if he could save them all now... what a hero he could be! First of all, he would actually be respected by his brain... AND, he could get Grix back on good terms with the team...

Grix ran towards Bill... who was standing near the computer outlet.

Grix jumped in mid air... but misjudged his jump...

He hit the sparking control panel...

------

Grix's brain pushed the red button.

Then... suddenly... everything disapeared...

"Is that supposed to happen?" Grix asked his brain...

The second Grix fell to the floor, still in midflight from his leap.

"Damn." Was all he could muster.

Then, just as suddenly, everything came back on.

Grix, his brain, and the second Grix, stood in a boxing ring...

Dan_UK went flying past... followed by a sheep.

"Oh dear..." Said Grix's brain...
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.