GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"A bleak, bleak future..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 20/01/01 at 19:06
Regular
Look. Don't blame me, I'm bored. If people were in here chatting away, I wouldn't have to sink to this level.

Smoke purred from Ant's mouth, drifting into the air, and pulling the life from within him out...

"You shouldn't smoke you know. It's bad for the insides."

Ant looked down at his curry. He wouldn't be suprised if the curry did more damage.

"I can't eat any more." He said. "I'm not feeling too well today."

The man took away Ant's curry, and emptied it into a bucket.
"That'll be 90 credits..." As the man looked up, Ant was no longer at his seat.

"Put it on the slate!" Ant shouted...

Ant had recieved another message. It was from command. Apparently some of the driods had broke lose, killing a few task forces on the way.

Ant got into his hovercar, just a bog standard craft, but the seats were uncomfortable. He knew this would be his last run before he could buy another.

He pulled the craft up, and out of the giant hanger, and into the open air. It was night. You could tell it was night because there were more hovercars around, it usually gets busy at night... Ant looked up at the deep smog that had settled over the city of Pembroke many years ago... not long after Pembroke was declared the new capital of the former British Isles all those years ago... before the war.

Ant remembers it as if it were about 10 years ago, so he expected the details to be a bit foggy.

Professor Miyamoto about 11 years ago invented the next generation of machinary to compete with the Overlords Playchip 3, which was in popular demand with kids...

Under the company name Nintendo, Prof. Miyamoto released the Nintendo chip into the mass market. Hundreds of people brought them, and had them implanted. Some many happy faces... so much peace in the world...

Then something, as always it seemed, went wrong. The chips started to manufuction, taking the persons will of control with it. They produced hundreds of automated psyhcotic killing machines, and Nintendo had no control over them...

The Overlord had ordered that all Nintendo products to be taking off the market, and ordered that Nintendo was shut down.

Ant pulled out of his daydream, and realised that he was heading straight for a building... He pulled up with ease. But someone behind him, who didn't anticipate his move quickly dodged to the left to avoid Ant, and hit the building that Ant was trying to avoid. The sprialling trail of the hovercars smoke reminded Ant to light his cigarette, which was just clasped unlit between his lips. Ant thought he was going insane...

Ant managed to navigate through the rest of the car maze, and ended up at the Overlords headquarters. Sony HQ.

He landed. Finding a space was easy, just land on top of any car already there. Sometimes you would find stacks of cars miles high, with the Jenga like approuch for the man with the bottom car, attempting to remove his car... There had been several "Jenga" accidents in the last few days.

Ant had left his car, climbed down the stack of cars, and entered the building. He proceeded past reception, and walked down the dark stairs. He took the second door on the left, walked around the fountain in the middle of the room to the third door, past the small wildlife display, through the small hall, under the glass bridge, and through the red double doors.

"Who are you?" Said the man inside.

"My names Ant. I'm a Blade Runner."

"Oh... you looking for the Command office. You should have taken the fourth door near the waterfall, this is the lower hall."

"Oh. Ta."
Page:
Sat 20/01/01 at 19:06
Regular
Look. Don't blame me, I'm bored. If people were in here chatting away, I wouldn't have to sink to this level.

Smoke purred from Ant's mouth, drifting into the air, and pulling the life from within him out...

"You shouldn't smoke you know. It's bad for the insides."

Ant looked down at his curry. He wouldn't be suprised if the curry did more damage.

"I can't eat any more." He said. "I'm not feeling too well today."

The man took away Ant's curry, and emptied it into a bucket.
"That'll be 90 credits..." As the man looked up, Ant was no longer at his seat.

"Put it on the slate!" Ant shouted...

Ant had recieved another message. It was from command. Apparently some of the driods had broke lose, killing a few task forces on the way.

Ant got into his hovercar, just a bog standard craft, but the seats were uncomfortable. He knew this would be his last run before he could buy another.

He pulled the craft up, and out of the giant hanger, and into the open air. It was night. You could tell it was night because there were more hovercars around, it usually gets busy at night... Ant looked up at the deep smog that had settled over the city of Pembroke many years ago... not long after Pembroke was declared the new capital of the former British Isles all those years ago... before the war.

Ant remembers it as if it were about 10 years ago, so he expected the details to be a bit foggy.

Professor Miyamoto about 11 years ago invented the next generation of machinary to compete with the Overlords Playchip 3, which was in popular demand with kids...

Under the company name Nintendo, Prof. Miyamoto released the Nintendo chip into the mass market. Hundreds of people brought them, and had them implanted. Some many happy faces... so much peace in the world...

Then something, as always it seemed, went wrong. The chips started to manufuction, taking the persons will of control with it. They produced hundreds of automated psyhcotic killing machines, and Nintendo had no control over them...

The Overlord had ordered that all Nintendo products to be taking off the market, and ordered that Nintendo was shut down.

Ant pulled out of his daydream, and realised that he was heading straight for a building... He pulled up with ease. But someone behind him, who didn't anticipate his move quickly dodged to the left to avoid Ant, and hit the building that Ant was trying to avoid. The sprialling trail of the hovercars smoke reminded Ant to light his cigarette, which was just clasped unlit between his lips. Ant thought he was going insane...

Ant managed to navigate through the rest of the car maze, and ended up at the Overlords headquarters. Sony HQ.

He landed. Finding a space was easy, just land on top of any car already there. Sometimes you would find stacks of cars miles high, with the Jenga like approuch for the man with the bottom car, attempting to remove his car... There had been several "Jenga" accidents in the last few days.

Ant had left his car, climbed down the stack of cars, and entered the building. He proceeded past reception, and walked down the dark stairs. He took the second door on the left, walked around the fountain in the middle of the room to the third door, past the small wildlife display, through the small hall, under the glass bridge, and through the red double doors.

"Who are you?" Said the man inside.

"My names Ant. I'm a Blade Runner."

"Oh... you looking for the Command office. You should have taken the fourth door near the waterfall, this is the lower hall."

"Oh. Ta."
Sat 20/01/01 at 19:39
Um strange ending?
Sat 20/01/01 at 19:47
Grix - www.dooyoo.co.uk

Get money from writing opinions. You could be a millionaire in a week!
Sat 20/01/01 at 21:13
Regular
Thanks for the ad Dan, and Vai, it isn't quite finished yet.

Ant walked throught the fourth door... and there stood the desk. No greeting, no welcome and celebration for all the deeds he had done...

There was a note on the desk... typical. Gone to lunch, be back in an hour.

Why did the Overlord have to go to get his own lunch? Surely he had someone who could do that sort of thing...

A noise. Coming from the left hand side of the room. Behind the door.

Ant pulled out his pistol slowly... he walked towards the door at a fast pace, and kicked the door in, in the same stride. The door fell to the floor in a crash of dust, and saw what was making the noise.

"Do you mind! I'm on the toilet!"

"Err... Sorry FantasyMeister."

Ant picked up the door, and tried to put it back in the doorframe...

"Just... leave it. Ant, go out."

"Sorry. I'll go now."

Ant walked out of the room, and leaned agaisnt the wall facing the opposite direction.

"Why are you here anyway Ant?"

"I got a message. Another job for me."

"Oh..."

There was a flush. Out walked FantasyMeister.

"You didn't wash your hands."

FantasyMeister looked at Ant as if he was a dancing baboon.

"Germs." Said Ant.

FM walked back through the doorway, stepping over the door, without saying a word.

"So why are you here then?" Ant asked.

"Well... I was told about the same thing. You are here for the escape aren't you?" FantasyMeister dryed his hands.

Ant replied, "Well you can just go, it's my case."

"Er-No. It's mine. I was here first." FantasyMeister walked over the door.

"We need the best man for this job. And I am the best man."

So the writer said. "Why don't you two work together?"

"Who said that?" FantasyMeister looked around.

"I work alone," Ant started searching through the desk for documents, "Where the hell are the documents on the escape?"

"I've got them." FantasyMeister produced a file from his long black coat. "The writer is right, we should work together. We would make a great team."

"...Only this once." Said Ant. "But you're working with me. Not vise versa."

Ant walked out.

"Yeah, whatever." FantasyMeister followed.
Sat 20/01/01 at 21:39
Regular
"I like cheese"
I don't get this story.

I don't like this story much.

I prefered the Star Wars story.

I don't, and never will, smoke.

BUT, me and FM working together would be good, we could be, "The Sony Team."

Do you like my innovative ideas.
Sat 20/01/01 at 21:42
Regular
You are quite welcome to write part of the story...

You only prefered the Star Wars one because this one hasn't got going yet... Trust me... big ending...
Sat 20/01/01 at 22:11
Grix can you add some killing, and a total disresoect for life?
Sat 20/01/01 at 22:19
Regular
Ant and FantasyMeister walked out of the building, and into the fresh air.

Actually, in fact, the air stank.

"Who's that over there?" Said FM.

"It's Vai! Kill him!" Ant whipped out his pistol, and shot a bullet straight through Vai's skull.

"Why did you do that?" Asked FantasyMeister.

"He did ask." Ant put his gun back. "And after all, I can't stand him."

"Oh. Right."
Sat 20/01/01 at 22:23
But um wait, oh guess i was asking for it (LOOK Grix summin intelligent cos its a sayin and its true)
Sat 20/01/01 at 22:31
Regular
Ant jumped into the hovercar. To start off with they'd have to find someone who'd been subjected to the Nintendo chip before. There was only one man who fitted this match.

FM started the engines and launched the hovercar with a

*click*
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.