GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"A bleak, bleak future..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 20/01/01 at 19:06
Regular
Look. Don't blame me, I'm bored. If people were in here chatting away, I wouldn't have to sink to this level.

Smoke purred from Ant's mouth, drifting into the air, and pulling the life from within him out...

"You shouldn't smoke you know. It's bad for the insides."

Ant looked down at his curry. He wouldn't be suprised if the curry did more damage.

"I can't eat any more." He said. "I'm not feeling too well today."

The man took away Ant's curry, and emptied it into a bucket.
"That'll be 90 credits..." As the man looked up, Ant was no longer at his seat.

"Put it on the slate!" Ant shouted...

Ant had recieved another message. It was from command. Apparently some of the driods had broke lose, killing a few task forces on the way.

Ant got into his hovercar, just a bog standard craft, but the seats were uncomfortable. He knew this would be his last run before he could buy another.

He pulled the craft up, and out of the giant hanger, and into the open air. It was night. You could tell it was night because there were more hovercars around, it usually gets busy at night... Ant looked up at the deep smog that had settled over the city of Pembroke many years ago... not long after Pembroke was declared the new capital of the former British Isles all those years ago... before the war.

Ant remembers it as if it were about 10 years ago, so he expected the details to be a bit foggy.

Professor Miyamoto about 11 years ago invented the next generation of machinary to compete with the Overlords Playchip 3, which was in popular demand with kids...

Under the company name Nintendo, Prof. Miyamoto released the Nintendo chip into the mass market. Hundreds of people brought them, and had them implanted. Some many happy faces... so much peace in the world...

Then something, as always it seemed, went wrong. The chips started to manufuction, taking the persons will of control with it. They produced hundreds of automated psyhcotic killing machines, and Nintendo had no control over them...

The Overlord had ordered that all Nintendo products to be taking off the market, and ordered that Nintendo was shut down.

Ant pulled out of his daydream, and realised that he was heading straight for a building... He pulled up with ease. But someone behind him, who didn't anticipate his move quickly dodged to the left to avoid Ant, and hit the building that Ant was trying to avoid. The sprialling trail of the hovercars smoke reminded Ant to light his cigarette, which was just clasped unlit between his lips. Ant thought he was going insane...

Ant managed to navigate through the rest of the car maze, and ended up at the Overlords headquarters. Sony HQ.

He landed. Finding a space was easy, just land on top of any car already there. Sometimes you would find stacks of cars miles high, with the Jenga like approuch for the man with the bottom car, attempting to remove his car... There had been several "Jenga" accidents in the last few days.

Ant had left his car, climbed down the stack of cars, and entered the building. He proceeded past reception, and walked down the dark stairs. He took the second door on the left, walked around the fountain in the middle of the room to the third door, past the small wildlife display, through the small hall, under the glass bridge, and through the red double doors.

"Who are you?" Said the man inside.

"My names Ant. I'm a Blade Runner."

"Oh... you looking for the Command office. You should have taken the fourth door near the waterfall, this is the lower hall."

"Oh. Ta."
Page:
Tue 20/02/01 at 21:47
"possibly impossible"
"So at last we meet again for the first time, for the last time, at this time." said Grix, trying to stall.

"Um." said Ant, "Would you be interested in one of our betterbuys catalogues, we'll be back on monday to pick it up from your door..." he motioned to the others to shuffle backwards while he backed away from Grix and the guards.

Grix was just about to shout some orders to the guards when a flash of bright light lit the room. The light had come from a nearby computer terminal and ignited all the strip lights just above where Grix and the guards were standing. They rolled around in pain, covering their blinded eyes. "Ant! I'll get you yet!" yelled Grix as he tried to stop the funny little lights dancing about in his eyes.

"Dan_UK must have got through in time," said Ant as they ran back into the mainframe room, "It was a bit close but I guessed he must have known that Grix was coming here. I just hope he's successfully managed to remove Grix's N-chip as well."

The gang ran towards the computer terminals and hunted for anything that could bring Dan_uk back or help him out in the n-chip universe. Ant and pb turned around as they heard a mysterious plink plink sound coming from the other side of the room.

"FM!" yelled Ant, "Stop playing that space invaders game and help us out. We've got to get the N-chip programming blocked before the guards recover."

"It may be a bit late for that." the deep resonating voice caused the gang to quicky turn as one and they all looked upon a mysterious shrouded figure.

"Bill Gates! But how? You're in the machine!" said a shocked pb.

"My corporial body can exist seperately from my electronic one. I'm afraid it's game over for you."

Tue 20/02/01 at 21:39
Regular
Ant watched as the guard opened the door and a rather drunk Grix came out. 'Damn' he thought 'there's always someone to ruin everything'

But to everyones suprise, the guard saluted to Grix and then the rest of them ran into the room and put out the fire.

The Microsoft guards hadn't realised that Grix wasn't under the Overlord control anymore.

After putting out the fire the guards awaited Grix's next order. Grix told them to leave Ant, FM, PB and the others to guard the door while the rest of the guards patrolled the building.

As the guards left to patrol, Grix got back to work. He placed a disk in the drive. A little reprogramming had to be done and then a download to be made but then it shoukld be alright.

He started programming with a

**click**
Tue 20/02/01 at 21:30
Regular
(Grix.)

"Err... yes."

(You know what this means, don't you?)

Grix looked at the control panel, covered in beer.

"Yes... I think so."

(Oh dear.)

The control panel burst into flames.

Grix ran out of the room... and met Ant and co face to face.

(Oh crap.)
Tue 20/02/01 at 21:24
Regular
Dan_2K1 prepared himself as the Overlord aimed the fireball with an evil laugh. Suddenly, Sheepy's tight grip loosened.
Dan_2K1 dived to the floor and watched the fire ball hit Sheepy, knocking him down again.

Wondering why Sheepy had loosened his hold, he saw Dan_uk flying at the Overlord, landing a kick in his face.

So Dan_uk had recovered, just in time too. He joined Dan_uk as they both hit the Overlord with everything they had.

The Overlord punched them both, sending them flying.

"Fools! I own this network! I have every cheat, patch and hack that exists! No one can beat me!"

Dan_uk leapt back to his feet. Grix would have to get programming on those super games characters. Things wouldn't hold down here much longer!
Mon 19/02/01 at 23:21
Regular
"I like cheese"
So, the guards and the posse slowly walked up to the door which Ant had directed them to.

As one guard was about to go in, pb said to Ant, "Something normally happens at around this time." Ant nodded in agreement.
pb looked up at the author, "So?? What are you gonna do?"

The Author replied, "I can't think of anything!"

"C'mon, there has to be something!?"

"Well..." The Author appeared to be writing something.

FM was watching the door, when suddenly, a huge creature of some kind flew through the air, and landed feet first onto FM.
It was...it was... SNAKE!!

"You've got to be kidding?" pb asked The Author.

"Well, it's a start," was The Author's reply.

Ant mumbled obscenities under his breath.

"HAHAHAHA!! You will never defeat me!" SNAKE cried.

SNAKE advanced on the posse, with bullets from the guard's machine guns having no effect.
Just as SNAKE was about to attack, another creature came flying down.
It looked like SNAKE, but seemingly....older.

"SNAKE!! You naughty little boy! Come with me now, there'll be no sweeties for you!" It was SNAKE's mother.

"Oh, Muuuuuuumm!! You're embarrasing me!"

SNAKE's mum grabbed him by the ear, apologised to the group, and walked out, with SNAKE moaning all the time.

"Oh well, that wasn't too bad, I suppose." pb said.

The guard finally opened the door.
Mon 19/02/01 at 21:48
Regular
Dan_2K1 leaped over the Overlords head hitting him in the back. He ducked the kick of the Overlord and then kicked the knee his opponent was standing on. The Overlord fell over, rolled forward and was standing again.

Dan_2K1 looked at Dan_uk who was being cared for by a Chancey and then glanced at Sheepy who was starting to get up. He had to duck a flying kick from the Overlord.

How long was Grix going to be. He couldn't fight both of thewm on his own. He charged to Overlord, booting him in the face. He then proceded to hit the Overlord with eveything he had.

Then a large figure from behind him, grabbed him, holding him still. Darth Sheepy had recovered. The Overlord stood up, grinned and started charging up his fire ball.

Dan_2K1 couldn't move. This shot was going to really hurt...
Mon 19/02/01 at 14:04
Regular
Fantasymeister looked at Ant... covered in sugar...

"No wonder you're getting so forgetful..." Fantasymeister took Ant's bag of sugar away from him.

"NO!!!" Ant weakly attacked Fantasymeister... FM held him back with one arm.

"We haven't found the unknown bloke yet... no..."

"Oh..." Ant forgot about his sugar. "Perhaps we should keep that in mind."

"Yup."
Mon 19/02/01 at 14:01
Regular
"not dead"
"Um, I'm rather forgetfull at the moment" Said Ant, "Can you remember if we ever found the 'unknown' escapee?"
Sun 18/02/01 at 15:06
Regular
Inside the N-chip, Dan_uk quickly told Dan_2K1 his plan

"We'll take down Darth Sheepy first, we'll need good teamwork to do this..."

"Right," muttered Dan-2K1 as he took a fighting stance.

Next thing, Dan_uk launched himself at Sheepy.
Sheepy threw a punch but Dan_uk grabbed his arm and lifted himself over Sheepy's head pulling him down.
"NOW!" he yelled.

Dan_2K1 picked up the shell and threw it. It knocked Sheepy down. Dan_uk picked up Sheepy's body and threw it in front of the multiple attacks the miscelanous characters were using to try and get Mario. Sheepy would be out cold for a while. The 2 Dan's turned their attention on the Overlord who had powered up a fireball during the fight with Sheepy.

He launched it at Mario. Dan_uk leapt into the fireball, taking the hit. He fell to the floor.

Dan_2K1 ran over. He could see that Dan_uk was still alive but wouldn't be able to fight like this.

Dan_uk was feeling completely burnt out. First his physical body got fried from some overload of electricity and now this. He was having a bad day.

Dan_2K1 stood up to face Overlord who had once again powered up a fireball. Dan_2K1 launched a flying kick at him, making him drop the fire ball. The fight continued...
Sun 18/02/01 at 14:25
"possibly impossible"
"Don't you think there are rather a lot of them?" FM was trembling as he looked at the heavily armed guards standing by the far wall. If this was a face off then there were far too many faces on the enemies side for his liking.

"What the hell do we do now?" asked pb looking around for some sort of clue, "It's too far back to the Tardis and there aren't exactly any decent weapons lying around here."

They all started to think the same thing, that they were doomed and there was no escape. How could they fight this many guards? The standoff continued, it seemed that the guards were simply waiting for them to make their move.

"Wait here." said Ant and slowly approached the menacing guards. The guards looked slightly puzzled at Ant's approach and wondered when they'd get a chance to kill him.

"Excuse me," he said to the nearest important looking guard, "you don't happen to have seen three strangers walking around here, have you? Only we were on orders from the leader to kill them, they're trying to save the planet or something."

The guard took a minute to think, lines crossed his forehead as he looked back at Ant. "er...you must be looking for the same guys as us then." he said. "You can tag along with us if you like."

"That's very friendly of you, " replied Ant tactfully. He signalled to the others that it was okay to approach and continued with his plan. "We've found their spacecraft already, so they can't be far. I believe they went through that door over there." He pointed to a door marked 'mainframe room - Keep Out!' and hoped that what he was looking for was in the room. It was a slim chance, but the only one they had at the moment.
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.