GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Forlan v Arsenal"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 04/12/02 at 13:44
Regular
Diego Forlan. After scoring twice against Liverpool on Sunday, if he never scored another goal again, he'd still be forever a hero to Man Utd fans.

But he has scored again. Only a Worth-Nothing cup game, but they all count, as Dudek well knows. Forlan is finally finding regular scoring form, and his confidence must be soaring now. But this weekend will put him to the test. Once again he will be called upon to perform at the highest level.

Personally, I stand by my predication that Utd will struggle to get any points from this game, but should Utd win, and should the winner come from one Diego Forlan, I think we will see Forlan become a 20 league goal per season striker, no problem.

He has the potential. Anyone who's even briefly viewed Forlan's history at Independiente will know that he can really bang them in.

6 goals so far this season may not be the highest goalscoring ratio, but it puts him a far cry from "Diego the Dud" who had been struggling to get anything at any level.

No, Forlan is on form, and after this weekend, he could be right up there with some of the best strikers in the Premiership. This weekends game will be interesting if only to see who scores the goals. Van the man? Henry? Wiltord? Forlan? Solskjaer?

Henry, Nistelrooy and Forlan are all on form. It's going to be a damn good game!
Thu 05/12/02 at 01:09
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
Don't you mean type?
Thu 05/12/02 at 01:08
Regular
"5 European Cups!!!"
What that?

Hmmm, speak properly; you sound like a moron :P
Thu 05/12/02 at 01:03
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
What that you're a moron? :P
Thu 05/12/02 at 01:00
Regular
"5 European Cups!!!"
Tommy Vercetti wrote:
AbsoluT Neó wrote:
im not an oen either.

No you're a moron.
----------

I'm inclined to agree with that one.

:D
Thu 05/12/02 at 00:07
"Darkness, always"
Wookie is being a bit of a fanboy of late.

Liverpool not quality opposition? What a load of crap. Liverpool have always been one of the best teams in the country, this year is no exception. Remember we are talking about a team that is only 4 points shy of Arsenal themselves. If they'd beaten Man Utd at Anfield, it would only be 1 point. So if Liverpool aren't "quality opposition", then neither are Arsenal.

Basle, a team in the 2nd round of the champions league, not quality opposition? What a load of crap. Sure, they aren't world beaters, but scoring 3 goals against liverpool speaks for itself. This is a team of champions, now seasoned playing against quality opposition.

What next? Should Man Utd edge out Arsenal at Old Trafford, will Arsenal not be quality opposition either? Let's remember that until the 3-1 win over Roma - a team that are very much struggling domestically - Arsenal were performing poorly also.

At the end of the day, Utd are quickly coming back to form, regardless of what you think. 12 goals in the last 4 games is not an unimpressive strike rate. It's going to be a tough game this weekend, and victory for Arsenal, while certainly within the odds, is by no means guaranteed, and if they go to Old Trafford expecting an easy ride, they'll get trampled on. Christ, you talk like Man Utd are a conference outfit. We're the most dominant team in the history of the premiership, and you underestimate us at your peril.
Wed 04/12/02 at 23:35
Regular
Just a quick point about Roma. They are currently lying mid-table in Serie A. 10 points behind leaders Lazio (Lazio top?! and after selling Crespo and Nesta?! go figure...)
Wed 04/12/02 at 23:18
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
WòókieeMøn§??® wrote:
> No, because I wouldn't call Basle or Liverpool difficult fixtures.
> Had either been quality opposition at the top of their game, then yes,
> I would have.

But then when have we been quality this season? winning away to Liverpool with a rather depeleted team and in terms of form this season we have been terrible at times and lost miserably. Basle have shown to be a hard team to beat and Liverpool away IS a difficult game when your called Man Utd because of the amount of rivalry between the teams - we really didn't didnt stand a chance going into the game, yet we still won it.
Wed 04/12/02 at 23:03
Regular
"smile, it's free"
WòókieeMøn§†€® wrote:
> Had either been quality opposition at the top of their game, then yes,
> I would have.

You can't deny that Arsenal have been erratic recently. Excellent away win at Roma, and a fair home win against Villa, but you did lose to Southampton less than a fortnight ago. If I go a couple weeks further back then we see a not-so-great run of results for the Gunners... Any particular reason to think that Arsenal will be at the top of their game at Old Trafford? If not, we're quite happy to beat you, even if you do classify yourselves as 'sub-standard' opposition :)
Wed 04/12/02 at 21:58
"High polygon count"
AbsoluT Neó wrote:
> 4 relativley difficult fixtures with many big names missing and I for
> one expected us to not pick up much from and 4 wins, i'd say thats
> fairly good form wouldn't you?

No, because I wouldn't call Basle or Liverpool difficult fixtures. Had either been quality opposition at the top of their game, then yes, I would have.
Wed 04/12/02 at 21:46
Regular
Tommy Tommy Tommy. I really do advise you to leave these forums on your own free will. Either that, or wait to be banned.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.