GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Forlan v Arsenal"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 04/12/02 at 13:44
Regular
Diego Forlan. After scoring twice against Liverpool on Sunday, if he never scored another goal again, he'd still be forever a hero to Man Utd fans.

But he has scored again. Only a Worth-Nothing cup game, but they all count, as Dudek well knows. Forlan is finally finding regular scoring form, and his confidence must be soaring now. But this weekend will put him to the test. Once again he will be called upon to perform at the highest level.

Personally, I stand by my predication that Utd will struggle to get any points from this game, but should Utd win, and should the winner come from one Diego Forlan, I think we will see Forlan become a 20 league goal per season striker, no problem.

He has the potential. Anyone who's even briefly viewed Forlan's history at Independiente will know that he can really bang them in.

6 goals so far this season may not be the highest goalscoring ratio, but it puts him a far cry from "Diego the Dud" who had been struggling to get anything at any level.

No, Forlan is on form, and after this weekend, he could be right up there with some of the best strikers in the Premiership. This weekends game will be interesting if only to see who scores the goals. Van the man? Henry? Wiltord? Forlan? Solskjaer?

Henry, Nistelrooy and Forlan are all on form. It's going to be a damn good game!
Wed 04/12/02 at 16:18
I definitely think John O'Shea has a lot of potential.

Last night he was ok, played in Forlan for the goal with a tremendous through ball, and he looks good on the ball too. Not sure about his defensive skills though, lol.

(:)
Wed 04/12/02 at 16:17
"High polygon count"
Solskjær wrote:
> And Keown's old!! :P

Experienced!

> Van Nistelrooy and Giggs will run-rings-around-him!

Giggs isn't in his best form, and Nostrilboy couldn't run a bath.

> If he was still THAT good he'd be in Eriksson's England squad!

Rather he was fit for us than playing with the go-nowhere win-nothing England squad anyway! :-p
Wed 04/12/02 at 16:11
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Ferdinand still hasn't really done anything this season to prove that he was worth spending £30m instead of Fergie just calling-up John O'Shea in the first place.

And Roy Keane will also be getting back to Training this week! :D
Thank God!!
Shame he probably won't be playing again 'til after Christmas though. :(

We still need someone who can play in his position though...
I've always thought Rio would be able to do it, so why don't we try him there? O'Shea was played there last-night, but I didn't see much of him. And what I did saw wasn't great.
Ferguson surprised me when he took of Stewart along with van Nistelrooy.
It was like he was resting him too... Maybe he wants to play Stewart in Keane's role on Saturday!??

And Keown's old!! :P
Van Nistelrooy and Giggs will run-rings-around-him!
If he was still THAT good he'd be in Eriksson's England squad!
Wed 04/12/02 at 16:10
"High polygon count"
Bonus!
Wed 04/12/02 at 16:05
Well, at least Ferdinand is confident to be back by Saturday for Man United.
Wed 04/12/02 at 15:52
"High polygon count"
Solskjær wrote:
> But at-least Sol Campbell's unable to play, so Forlan and van
> Nistelrooy will have it a little easier upfront...

I doubt that - Krusher Keown is back. Given Sol's recent lapse of form, that can only be a Good Thing.
Wed 04/12/02 at 15:40
Regular
"Long time no see!"
And yet I have to work all-day on Saturday!! :(
But I'll at least have a radio on me - whether they like it or not! :P
I had to do that with the Liverpool game too. It's so hard trying to visualize a game like that between 2 giants... But then Forlan scores - TWICE...!!

I also doubt we'll be able to get anything-more than a draw from this game. Arsenal are just too-strong for us and our problems.
But at-least Sol Campbell's unable to play, so Forlan and van Nistelrooy will have it a little easier upfront...
And Seaman should be in-goal too... Beckham?? ;D

Should be a great match to watch, whatever the final-score is.
After winning both the Newcastle and Liverpool games this one won't be such a "Must Win" game like we may have thought before.
Wed 04/12/02 at 13:52
Regular
i cant wait to see henry against ur defenders......
Wed 04/12/02 at 13:44
"Darkness, always"
Diego Forlan. After scoring twice against Liverpool on Sunday, if he never scored another goal again, he'd still be forever a hero to Man Utd fans.

But he has scored again. Only a Worth-Nothing cup game, but they all count, as Dudek well knows. Forlan is finally finding regular scoring form, and his confidence must be soaring now. But this weekend will put him to the test. Once again he will be called upon to perform at the highest level.

Personally, I stand by my predication that Utd will struggle to get any points from this game, but should Utd win, and should the winner come from one Diego Forlan, I think we will see Forlan become a 20 league goal per season striker, no problem.

He has the potential. Anyone who's even briefly viewed Forlan's history at Independiente will know that he can really bang them in.

6 goals so far this season may not be the highest goalscoring ratio, but it puts him a far cry from "Diego the Dud" who had been struggling to get anything at any level.

No, Forlan is on form, and after this weekend, he could be right up there with some of the best strikers in the Premiership. This weekends game will be interesting if only to see who scores the goals. Van the man? Henry? Wiltord? Forlan? Solskjaer?

Henry, Nistelrooy and Forlan are all on form. It's going to be a damn good game!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.